MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012)

MACina

Silver Dusk is absolutely beautiful
bigheart.gif

I use it very often as a highlighter on my cheeks and I also use it on my lips over lipsticks.

You got that right. So Silver Dusk is perm? I wonder why I have never gotten it?
Silver Dusk Iridescent Loose Powder applied above cheekbones to highlight.

LMD84

silver dusk is such a pretty highlight :) a little goes a long way too so it's certainly good value imo :) from this collection i will be buying 3n. shame about the packaging though because it's not to my taste and i have loved most of the couture collection packaging before. but of course it is what is inside that counts!

Mac-Guy

Silver Dusk is really a must-have if you have a pale complexion. In particular, it works well on NW skin as it is a cool-toned pink and silver.
heart2.gif

princess sarah

Even tho I don't like the packaging, I already know I am going to blow big on this in between brushes (which I always buy from Mac releases) and products, Silver Dusk sounds so luxurious and like such a treat

katred

Specktra Bestie
The brushes are 136 and 282 sold as a set for $100. The lipsticks are Runway Red and 3N.
Funny, I was just thinking about buying a 136, because I wanted a big fluffy powder brush (I was trying to choose between that and the 150). Not sure if I should wait. They look cute, but if the set is $100 in the US, I can't imagine how much it'll be in Canada.

mousygiggles

Funny, I was just thinking about buying a 136, because I wanted a big fluffy powder brush (I was trying to choose between that and the 150). Not sure if I should wait. They look cute, but if the set is $100 in the US, I can't imagine how much it'll be in Canada.
The 150 is nice but can be rough. I love the 136 and the 134.

gracie90

I'm thinking that the 136 will be good for applying Forever Marilyn BP - I know I will be getting the brush set at least!

Mac-Guy

Even tho I don't like the packaging, I already know I am going to blow big on this in between brushes (which I always buy from Mac releases) and products, Silver Dusk sounds so luxurious and like such a treat
If you are lusting after Silver Dusk, you can purchase it right away in regular packaging :)

mousygiggles

Because it's so light and cool-toned, it's the perfect highlighter for NW10. Must. Buy. Silver. Dusk.
Yes! It is always avaliable (I think) and you do not have to get it with the pink packaging and the puff but I want it for the pretty factor!

katred

Specktra Bestie
The 150 is nice but can be rough. I love the 136 and the 134.
Thanks very much! As cute as the LE brushes are, I think that I might just buy either the 136 (which isn't listed on the Mac Canadian web site, but which I swear I saw in a store this week) or the 134 and save money for Taste Temptations, Strength and a couple of the other promising collections on the horizon. (Note how buying a $50 brush instead of a $100 set justifies me making purchases from three different collections in my mind? Isn't it cute how makeup math works?)

Latest posts