MAC 2014 - What are your favorite LEs so far this year?

liba

With half the year's worth of collections all wrapped up with some time added to play, what have you been using the most? What do you love the most? Any regrets?

For me, I think my favorite product of the year so far is Pleasure Model blush. It took a little experimenting to get the placement exactly how I like it, but once I had that squared away, it's become my daily go-to blush. It looks so fresh and natural, but also very fashionable too. Corol from Pedro and Ocean City from Proenza also.

Most used lippie is a tie between Touché Huggable and Kittenish PP. Fresh & Frisky Huggable and Woodrose from Proenza come second. I love Mangrove too, but I haven't worn it as much, since this year's been about more barely there lips for me, mostly. I've gotten a lot of use out of Playland lipstick though - it looks great at night.

Special mention goes to Moody Bloom Sheen Supreme, because I am wearing it a TON. It will wind up being one of my most used for the whole year, by the end of 2014.

Some other products that I love, even if they're not going to be worn all the time, are Phlox Garden, Sassy Moss, Black Ivy, It's Physical f/ls (this has been a great year for fluidlines), Green Room, Lilly White pigment, Teen Dream PP. It's been a pretty low key year overall, but I've been enjoying having a bit of a breather. I've been getting good use out of most of my purchases, which makes me happy!

allthingsglam

Mines are pinkfringe lipstick,cranberry lip liner,bijou lipglass,pussywillow lipglass,pure heroine lipstick,true red lipstick,Roxo lipstick,glam lipstick,perdo blush compact,goddess of the sea lipstick,true love kiss lipstick,kelly yum yum lipstick

pinkpaint

Best LE product, so far, is Delphic EDBronzer. I use it almost everyday. It isn't the most exciting product, but it's a great new staple.

I've been loving Enchanted One, from AA, as well. Before this, I didn't have any pinky nudes. How is that possible, right? All my nudes are usually warmer and more peach or brown. I'm surprised by how much I like this one.

Loving Moody Bloom SS, too. Easy, throw one, no liner lippie.

Hmm, what else? Dreaming Dahlia from Fantasy of Flowers has been a good, when I want something summery. I've been so into smokey eyes and nude lips, lately, that my bright blushes and lippies have been a little neglected.

Oh yeah, speaking of nudes, I've been loving Sensual Sparks and Overspiced from Magnetic Nude! Sensual Sparks is still my perfect nude. Love it so much.

I think that's it, so far. Great thread idea, Liba!

CrimsonQuill157

From this year, my favorites have been Enchanted One lipstick, Toying Around and Red Balloon lipsticks, and Mangrove lipstick.

CarmenK

This was easy! Dodgy Girl, Cranberry l/l and glam lipstick hands down!
eyelove.gif
This year was a great year for the limited edition collections!

crystalunicorn

To my surprise, my most used LE product this year has been Mystical lipstick. I had initially skipped it, but eventually tried it on at my MAC store & I needed to pick it up! It's a perfect MLBB shade :hearteyes:. 2nd place goes to cheeky bugger blush; it's pure love :heart: My favorite this year so far has to be true love's kiss lipstick. It is a holy grail red to me and it's just so lovely! Not to mention it is comfortable to wear & long lasting. Sadly, my miss this year was dodgy girl lipstick. I was devastated. Lovely color, but I just had to part with it because it made my lips look extremely cracked. Tried lip balm, prep & prime, I always exfoliate & the only thing that made it bearable was patentpink over it, but that defeated the matte lipstick purpose. Siren song underneath worked for me once, but it never worked again after that.

liba

Sadly, my miss this year was dodgy girl lipstick. I was devastated. Lovely color, but I just had to part with it because it made my lips look extremely cracked. Tried lip balm, prep & prime, I always exfoliate & the only thing that made it bearable was patentpink over it, but that defeated the matte lipstick purpose. Siren song underneath worked for me once, but it never worked again after that.
Dodgy Girl's such a great color, but I get a weird reaction from it too - it stains my lips so extremely that the whole color of the lipstick turns pink after an hour. I have to keep reapplying it to keep the color true. Then the stain is really hard to get off.

Beautiful color, but here's to MAC doing another similar one that isn't so sketchy.

ahoythere

I agree with this year being great for fluidlines, my two faves are It's Physical and Our Secret. I use Aphrodite's Shell EVERY SINGLE DAY, See Me Hear Me is a stunner, and Sharon Osbourne Peaches blush is to die for. I've bought a lot of lippies and love them in different ways but the best one is definitely Glam!

Yazmin

Spontaneous Patentpolish pencil has been one of my most use LE products this year. On me it's a nice hint of color when I don't want to do a totally nude or bolder lip.

veronikawithak

LOTS of gems this year for me!

Alluring Aquatic: Aphrodite's Shell, Siren Song, Silver Sun, Sea Worship, Lorelei
heart2.gif
This was hands down the best collection for me so far!
Fantasy of Flowers: Rose Lily
Pedro: Mirror, Gold Mirror, Peach Beige
Patentpolish: Kittenish, Revved Up

Could have probably passed on Pleasant and Fearless Patentpolish and maybe Mystical lipstick.. just not using them as much as other things! Which is funny because Mystical was the only thing I planned to get from AA and it turned out to be my least favorite of the bunch.
shrugs.gif

Also, I'm not sure I regret this yet, but I haven't figured out a way to wear Dodgy Girl that I like. I'll keep trying though!

lilybettie

The only collection I've been in love with this year was the Alluring Aquatics! The packaging made it for me :eyelove: goddess of the sea, lorelei and sea me hear me were my faves!

Howards End

Strip Poker, easily my new HG nude. My Myth ran out and I'm not even going to bother to replace it until I finish SP lol

Dominique33

Alluring Aquatic : Aphrodite's Shell
Pedro Lourenço : Ruby, Roxo, the quad and the blush
Kelly and Sharon Ousbourne : Cheeky Bugger and Peaches& Cream
A Fantasy of Flower : Azalea in the afternoon
Proenza Schouler : Sunset Beach
Lorde : Pure Heroine

Any regrets ? Yes Mangrove from Proenza Schouler.
sigh.gif
But I was very happy to see the swatches here, great lippie !

Latest posts