MAC - Alice + Olivia Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
That yellow gloss would look fantastic on women with rich chocolatey skin tones.

A poster named Rachel on Temptalia wrote:
The yellow shade, I.Want.Candy is great to layer over any red lipstick and it instantly makes it brighter. This is a tip I got, and tried from a Shu Uemura artist.

^^^That sounds like a great idea, but I don't think it will push me over the edge to buy it, since I've got some huge hauls in my future without getting anything from A+O.

Yes, some people here suggested that, too. It is a great tip, but I agree, it won't make me buy it.
th_dunno.gif

singer82

After seeing the tempalia swatches I finally decided. Looks like If its pink and sparkalicious l/g. Partylicious and Later p/g. and So rich so pretty n/p
Who else is pumped for this collection?

I'm soooooooooooo excited! wheeeee

Lambie_mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
I can't wait to get my paws on those pigments.

You will love them! Well, I hope. haha. I know I do! I will be doing my first look with them tomorrow! ::excited::

I have been going over different looks in my head since yesterday when I picked them up!
mac_haul.gif
th_thdeadea.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
The MEtal ES are ES and not pigments
smiles.gif
-- and yes, to date there is no confirmation of when this collection will come out.. but then, I could have said the same about VV many many months ago.. and nobody would believe me..lol.
yes.gif
- so, whatever I post as far as info or pics, take with a grain of salty salt... but there will be the Metal ES and turquoise is one of the colors (I got an email that indicates a name change - but no product changes to date)
th_wink3.gif

I knew that the Metal ES are eyeshadows, that's why I would prefer them over the pigments, as I am not really using them
winks.gif

So it seems I need to be a verrry good girl so that they release the metal e/s soon

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
I can't wait to get my paws on those pigments.

iagree.gif
later looks amazing wet!
smiles.gif
and partylicious wet looks like nothing i already have
smiles.gif
i'm happy!

Junkie

I.Want.Candy looks really pretty overtop pinks - I tried it with Rose Maiden and Pink Burst - both were really pretty. For people who are used to nudes and peachy/corals like me (and stay away from reds, berries and pinks) this was a good way to wear them by toning them down a bit.

My lip swatch makes it look kinda funny on its own because I'm an NC - I don't think I'd wear it by itself.

LittleMaryJane

Damn Temptalia swatches.. Ugh now I'm thinking I want two of the polishes--Military and Morning After. However, I don't want to spend too much money on this collection b/c my funds are limited right now... Ugh. I hated this collection at first--can I go back to hating it, please? Just for my wallet's sake?

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
iagree.gif
later looks amazing wet!
smiles.gif
and partylicious wet looks like nothing i already have
smiles.gif
i'm happy!

i'm swithering over partylicious... it's so pretty but i rarely use pigments and i'm cutting down on buying products i won't use
ssad.gif
tell me i'm doing the right thing by skipping it
th_wink3.gif

CoralBlast

honey if i could get my hands on partylicious i would but since i don't have paypal or a credit card i can only drool over the swatch! it so sucks when they do exclusive collections.

i haven't been here in a while my dog died and nothing cheers me up, not make up nothing!

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralBlast
honey if i could get my hands on partylicious i would but since i don't have paypal or a credit card i can only drool over the swatch! it so sucks when they do exclusive collections.

i haven't been here in a while my dog died and nothing cheers me up, not make up nothing!

awwh i'm sorry about your dog
ssad.gif
i don't know what i'd do without mine. hope you're holding up ok
th_hug.gif

and exclusive collections blow! thank goodness we have lovely specktrettes who help others out with CPs
yes.gif

CoralBlast

thank you so much, i am quite devastated but i don't want to hijack the thread with that kind of talk. i am in a confused state of mind thank you for your support.
i don't understand how cps work and i refuse to get a credit card because that would most definitely put me in jail, so if i were you i wouldn't think twice about getting that pigment!

LMD84

Quote:

th_hug.gif
i'm so sorry about your poor dog
ssad.gif

spunky

nobody would hold that against you, we're all supportive here
yes.gif

i'd have to CP for it too and it does seem a bit too much like hard work for something i probably wouldn't use too much. and yes, credit cards are evil! stay well away from them!
angry.gif

CoralBlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
nobody would hold that against you, we're all supportive here
yes.gif

i'd have to CP for it too and it does seem a bit too much like hard work for something i probably wouldn't use too much. and yes, credit cards are evil! stay well away from them!
angry.gif

i know everyone is very nice here and thank you lou and spunky for understanding, not many can.
so you are with me then in the hopes that it pops up in some other collection like Later. it took my a while to catch up but i think i read it all. i trust the money in my hands not money i don't actually have so yes credit cards get you in trouble stay away.
friends.gif

spunky

Quote:
i know everyone is very nice here and thank you lou and spunky for understanding, not many can.
so you are with me then in the hopes that it pops up in some other collection like Later. it took my a while to catch up but i think i read it all. i trust the money in my hands not money i don't actually have so yes credit cards get you in trouble stay away.
friends.gif

i hope it does! if it does, i'd imagine it'll be next summer before we see it again. it doesn't strike me as a fall/winter colour.

tesstsang

After Temptalia's swatches: Later and I didn't think i'd say this, but Partylicious as well! EXTREMELY excited for this collection!!! In the Groove is so *yawn* compared to A+O

Sorry to hear about your dog CoralBlast
ssad.gif
I know i'd be absolutely devastated losing my husky...

dxgirly

I'm so afraid the pigments are going to sell out before I can buy them online. Good thing I have Monday and Tuesday off

riotlove

if i have the money to do so do you think i should buy back ups of later and partylicious just in case someone misses out? anything else?

it's been so crazy w/ collections lately that i'd HATE to see someone miss out
ssad.gif