MAC All About Orange Collection (June 2013)

PeachTwist

Hi everyone! I'm new (longtime reader though
winks.gif
) and just got my Orange stuff in today. I ordered with the initial launch last week online and was lucky to get the things I wanted. I'm just hanging around the house today, but I briefly tried on the lipsticks I got (Sushi Kiss, Flamingo, and Imperial Light CSG) and so far I really like Flamingo, but Sushi Kiss I think I'll like better once I have my eye shadows and blush on too etc. I also think it looks a bit better with a gloss on top. I used Imperial Light and it made it look a little bit more "healthy" (I'm very pale, prob around NW10-15, so I have to be careful with really light colors), I'm not sure about a Satin being the best finish for that color either...lol. Anyway, here's my goodies!

Sushi Kiss, Flamingo, Imperial Light

Glad you got everything you wanted!

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your goodies! :)

lilinah

I keep everything in their original boxes. Makes them easier to store and to see the color names...
Is it bad that I could tell you every eye shadow I have just by looking at it? I don't need the boxes... I can just look at the colour and tell you. I find it kind of odd.
I think it kind of depends on how much stuff you have, and how many different companies they are from. I own makeup items from around the past 50 years and from different companies, so they are all packaged differently.

I sort things by color and by type. To keep them separate - and which makes them pretty easy to find - i put related items in baggies, although some things don't fit into baggies. The boxes are transparent and when things are stored in boxes with the name out, i can see what's in them from the outside, even when they're stacked.

For example, I have one box for violet (cool) and purple (warm) eye products. In it are:

Baggie One - Eyeliner Pencils

Baggie Two - Eyeliners: Liquids / Gels / Glitter Gels

Baggie Three - Blue-Violet Eye Shadows
Pencils / Gels & Creams / Pressed Powders / Loose Powder

Baggie Four - Purple & Plum Eye Shadows
Pencils / Gels & Creams / Pressed Powder / Loose Powder

Baggie Six - Mixed Cool (Violet) & Warm (Purple) Eye Shadow Compacts
Creams / Pressed Powders

Baggie Seven - Mascaras

Loose in Box
3 MAC Crushed Metallic Pigment X4 Sets (loose powder)
2 MAC Eye Shadow Quads (pressed powder)

There are at least 80 different items in the Violet-Purple-Plum box.

I have 8 Eye boxes:
-- 1. Eye Basics - primers, tools, Black liners & mascaras (which i rarely use)
-- 2. Brown & Taupe Liners and Mascaras
-- 3. Neutral - Brown, Nude, Gold, Silver, White
-- 4. Warm - Yellow, Orange, Copper
-- 5. Warm - Teal, Green
-- 6. Cool - Violet, Plum
-- 7. Cool - Pink, Cool Blue
-- 8. a big box holding really large palettes and palettes with mixed colors

4 Lip boxes - recently drastically reorganized - and again, different colors are in different baggies
-- 1. Treatments, Primers and Balms; and Gold, Nude, and Brown lip stuff
-- 2. Red, Coral, Orange, Green, Blue, and Silver lip stuff
-- 3. Violet, Purple, Plum, Berry, & Pink lipsticks
-- 4. Violet, Purple, Plum, Berry, & Pink lip glosses

3 boxes of Cheek stuff - Blush, Highlighter, Contour/Bronzer (no baggies)
-- 1. Neutral - Silver, Neutral Pink, Taupe, Beige, Bronze
-- 2. Warm - Coral, Peach, Gold
-- 3. Cool - Lavender, Cool Pink, Plum

Plus a couple boxes for color correctors, primers, concealers, tinted moisturizers, foundations, and powers.

Eye and Cheek things that are different shapes and sizes stack better when they are in their original boxes.
Lip things stored in their original boxes with their names up means i can tell what they are at a glance.

Plus i keep an inventory, so i know what i have, where it is, and when i bought it.

Medgal07

I checked my invoice. It's says the 5th as well. That date may change after Nordstrom officially launches the collection. If not, it's only a couple of days from now. I'm happy to get my order in, so I can wait.
Did you get your shipping confirmations? I got all three of mine, but no EDD yet from UPS. More
than likely will be Friday & I'm good w/that---will give me a chance to use new items from TR! This is
insane isn't it? Barely a moment to come up for air. BTW---I want to see pics after your Chanel
makeup session! Awesome thing to do for your birthday!!!

Mayanas

Sweet and Sour

Flamingo

Tangerine Dream

TD is different and not as pigmented on my lips because my lips are naturally a little pink. I have no dea what makeup look to do with it but I still love the color so much because its different. Also I have on Honey Jasmine Blush but I layered it over a blush I already had, still a beautiful color.

eepeepburrah

Got Sushi Kiss and Flamingo in the mail today! The Nordstroms shipping was crazy stupid fast. I placed my order when they popped up on Nordstroms on the 3rd and UPS dropped it off today, the 4th, around 3pm. Geez! And that was the free shipping too!

luvlydee

Sweet and Sour Flamingo Tangerine Dream TD is different and not as pigmented on my lips because my lips are naturally a little pink. I have no dea what makeup look to do with it but I still love the color so much because its different. Also I have on Honey Jasmine Blush but I layered it over a blush I already had, still a beautiful color.
They all look so good on you!! My sweet & sour and tangerine dream came today and i hate how sweet and sour looks on me :( Tanerine dream i like and its a color that i would wear now in tne summer time for fun l

ocean286

Nordstrom has ALL the colors available for back-order including Flamingo and Sushi Kiss, to ship on 6/26..... 3 weeks is a while to wait, but if you don't want to deal with stalking MAC for restock, it's an option!
If my order doesn't go through on Belk, I might have to go to Nordies and order Flamingo there. I don't mind the wait, as long as I can get my hands on it. Even on the second time around, this lippie is damn hard to get! LOL!
shrugs.gif

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Denae78
I really wish Mac would do a restock today.

I'm guessing they won't restock until after it's available in the stores. But i haven't paid that much attention to when they restock, or if there's any rhyme or reason to it.

ocean286

They all look gorgeous on you kimbunney!

Sweet and Sour

Flamingo

Tangerine Dream

TD is different and not as pigmented on my lips because my lips are naturally a little pink. I have no dea what makeup look to do with it but I still love the color so much because its different. Also I have on Honey Jasmine Blush but I layered it over a blush I already had, still a beautiful color.

TwistedFaith

Sweet and Sour

Flamingo

Tangerine Dream

You look great in all three. Tangerine Dream wasn't on my radar before but now it is!

Medgal07

Got Sushi Kiss and Flamingo in the mail today! The Nordstroms shipping was crazy stupid fast. I placed my order when they popped up on Nordstroms on the 3rd and UPS dropped it off today, the 4th, around 3pm. Geez! And that was the free shipping too!
Wow---that was crazy fast for Nordstrom---especially w/standard free shipping. IMPRESSIVE! Hope you enjoy SK & F!

sujusarangx3

If my order doesn't go through on Belk, I might have to go to Nordies and order Flamingo there. I don't mind the wait, as long as I can get my hands on it. Even on the second time around, this lippie is damn hard to get! LOL!
shrugs.gif
A gracious poster said that it's quite easy to cancel your back-ordered items on Nordies, if it turns out you got your hands on the lippies before 6/26. Even if it's too late to cancel, the Nordies return policy is the best there is!!

I back-ordered quite a few lippies since I'd rather not bother checking the stores, considering I live in Manhattan and I doubt I'd be able to find a store that'll have them in stock on Thursday. It's madness in the MAC stores even on normal days without new releases..!!

kimbunney

Tanerine dream i like and its a color that i would wear now in tne summer time for fun l
Did you try blotting down Sweet and Sour some. It's like borderline on me if I apply it too heavily I don't think I'll like it much but toned down I love it.

Thanks ALL for the comments.

I just ordered two backups of Flamingo. I rarely backup, in fact I think I have maybe three backups of lipsticks lol

lilinah

Can anyone swatch and compare Sweet & Sour against Fashion City and Blossom Culture Sheen Supreme lipsticks?

I own Blossom Culture which looks rather coral on me.

MissBeautyBunni

They all look amazing on you!!

Sweet and Sour

Flamingo

Tangerine Dream

Hazeleleanor

I don't think this has been mentioned, but if you find a shade like Sushi Kiss to be too bold, I would check out Coral Bliss (perm). It's a creamsheen. But, a true coral balance.

luvlydee

Did you try blotting down Sweet and Sour some. It's like borderline on me if I apply it too heavily I don't think I'll like it much but toned down I love it.

Thanks ALL for the comments.

I just ordered two backups of Flamingo. I rarely backup, in fact I think I have maybe three backups of lipsticks lol
oh no i havent tried blotting it down. i just came from teh gym and i got all excited and just slapped it on. im going to play around with it more after i take a shower lol

i dont want to back up until i try them out in person but so far flamingo is looking so good on everyone. my flamingo will be here later on this week with my nordies order

LouGarner

I had no clue it was a marijuana reference...then again I think there are so many varieties of mj that you'd have to be a hardcore fan to know all of the references lol.

Yes...yes you should lol. I really love Tangerine Dream.
I purchased Tangerine Dream,
nanaparty.gif

Latest posts