MAC All About Orange Collection (June 2013)

VampyCouture

Good question. As the Pro website is now open for purchase to everyone, there is probably no need to repromote Pro products.

The truth is, none of us is in need of any new blushes, e/s, or lippies. We still want them. And we still buy a blush in [insert color here], even if we have 15 similar ones sitting in your stash. In a nutshell, MAC reinvents the wheel to keep us entertained, and as long as we continue to buy it, they will continue to produce the millionth version of a good product.
iagree.gif

martiangurll

I dunno what sort of new orange blush MAC could come up with for this collection, considering there already were so many great ones in 2012 - maybe there will be some repromotes in this one, like Modern Mandarin or Optimistic Orange.

There is definitely more room for better orange eye shadows, though! And I wouldn't pass up a neon orange lipstick as bright as Candy Yum Yum - that'd be a doozy!
I am thinking something close to BooYah from Beth Ditto but in an Amplified or Matte formula?
th_remoteImage-61.gif

Mac-Guy

I was gonna say that Pinkdollface said she's pale but she also said she has burnt pepper in a thread somewhere and she loved it which made me wanna try it...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! Convinced one of my coworkers to trade in her empties for it lol

I knew I read that somewhere before :)

Off I go to order Devil....thanks sss215
You'll love it!

Audrey C

oooh, I am leery of orange blush, goes into oompa loompa territory on me way too fast. I can wear Modern Mandarin if I sheer it out and add some peachy highlighter over it. Real orange or even deep red orange doesn't look right on me. Even though I have yellow undertones, NC20 or so, I have really pink cheeks so I can't do too much yellow tone in the cheek products. Coral, however, is usually flattering on almost any skin tone. So I am hoping for more orange in the eye colors and lip colors and more peachy/coral/light terra cotta in the cheeks. A nice bright, neon orange MES would be sweet or a nice matte true orange e/s that isn't a pain to work with like Rule.
Ditto. Not sure if its my paleness or my pink tones in the cheeks but it doesn't look right on me either. I would be willing to try Optimistic Orange if that came back, as it has enough pink in it to be an orangey coral and of course I could sheer it out. I could get behind an orange blush for layering purposes.
I am thinking something close to BooYah from Beth Ditto but in an Amplified or Matte formula?
th_remoteImage-61.gif
I have quite a few orangy/coral blush - they're tied with neutrals in the 'most worn' category.

MAC:
Modern Mandarin
Immortal Flower
Fresh Honey
Melba (my first MAC purchase after The Great Makeup Purge of 2011)
Peachykeen
Flower Fantasy (more peachy, granted)
Fleet Fast (not sure I'd call this a coral, but I think that's how MAC described it)

NARS
Torrid
Liberté

There's no way I'll ever need another orange/coral blush. E-ver. Will I snatch a new launch up if it's not really a dupe of any of the above? You betcha.
th_loser.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I dunno what sort of new orange blush MAC could come up with for this collection, considering there already were so many great ones in 2012 - maybe there will be some repromotes in this one, like Modern Mandarin or Optimistic Orange.

There is definitely more room for better orange eye shadows, though! And I wouldn't pass up a neon orange lipstick as bright as Candy Yum Yum - that'd be a doozy!
Neon Orange is pretty bright! I love it, though. Although it's almost identical to Morange, I find that Neon Orange looks better on me. It's just a hair pinker, which makes it a better match to my skin tone.

ChosenOne

oooh, I am leery of orange blush, goes into oompa loompa territory on me way too fast. I can wear Modern Mandarin if I sheer it out and add some peachy highlighter over it. Real orange or even deep red orange doesn't look right on me. Even though I have yellow undertones, NC20 or so, I have really pink cheeks so I can't do too much yellow tone in the cheek products. Coral, however, is usually flattering on almost any skin tone. So I am hoping for more orange in the eye colors and lip colors and more peachy/coral/light terra cotta in the cheeks. A nice bright, neon orange MES would be sweet or a nice matte true orange e/s that isn't a pain to work with like Rule.
Same here. If I wear orange blush (or even orange e/s in my case...that doesn't look so great on me either), may as well just toss that green wig from the Sugar Sweet collection on me too and people will be asking me for directions to the chocolate factory.

Mac-Guy

For me (NW15-20), orange is really and only a summer blush that must be paired with a bronzer and golden highlighter to work well.

As orange cheek draw a lot of attention, it cannot be metallic or pore-emphasizing in any case (the main reason why I skipped Stereo Rose) as these qualities just multiply on pale NW complexions. Velvety textures work best for me, which I can amp up with a golden highlighter to add sheen and glow; orange-based highlighters can also look gorgeous as a top up. I love Warm Light to add a glow or Style blush.

elegant-one

For me (NW15-20), orange is really and only a summer blush that must be paired with a bronzer and golden highlighter to work well.

As orange cheek draw a lot of attention, it cannot be metallic or pore-emphasizing in any case (the main reason why I skipped Stereo Rose) as these qualities just multiply on pale NW complexions. Velvety textures work best for me, which I can amp up with a golden highlighter to add sheen and glow; orange-based highlighters can also look gorgeous as a top up. I love Warm Light to add a glow or Style blush.
Exactly!
th_wink3.gif

Pinkdollface

No, Taj Majal is lighter, brighter and has shimmer. Its more of a golden orange. Devil is flat out orange, no shimmer. It's darker than Taj.
Now that you mention it, I indeed see more shimmer in the swatches of Taj Mahal than Devil. Devil just has a sheen. I didn't know Devil was darker...now I want Taj Mahal
sigh.gif

elegant-one

The truth is, none of us is in need of any new blushes, e/s, or lippies. We still want them. And we still buy a blush in [insert color here], even if we have 15 similar ones sitting in your stash. In a nutshell, MAC reinvents the wheel to keep us entertained, and as long as we continue to buy it, they will continue to produce the millionth version of a good product.
Yep....so true! That ^^^ would be me
pretty.gif
amuse.gif

Audrey C

Very interesting - I think I have the opposite relationship with pink. I can wear a cool pink blush if and only if it's a satin/matte type finish. I really like Dollymix, Launch Away (goes pink and not peach on me) and NARS Gaiety. I bought Star Wonder because it's such a gorgeous glow but I just can't pull itoff (except when I had an unintended tan after last summer's trip to Italy) with my warm light skin tone.

kisou

I love when pro lipsticks get a change to shine in LE collections. Blushes don't get that often.
I absolutely agree. I have a big collection to some, but I can't hold a candle to the girls on this forum--- BUT! I wouldn't look at the perm line unless it were part of a LE collection. Not that I don't want to, it's just you get caught up in the LE...

It was funny that last time I went in for a blush + lipstick, the MA sold me stuff from the perm line and I was SHOCKED at how much cheaper it was... I had completely forgot how most LE gets marked up :X

sss215

Good question. As the Pro website is now open for purchase to everyone, there is probably no need to repromote Pro products. The truth is, none of us is in need of any new blushes, e/s, or lippies. We still want them. And we still buy a blush in [insert color here], even if we have 15 similar ones sitting in your stash. In a nutshell, MAC reinvents the wheel to keep us entertained, and as long as we continue to buy it, they will continue to produce the millionth version of a good product.
Yes, they reinvent the wheel AND repromote like crazy. But new products are not always the best ones; and online pro products still require a bit of buzz generated about them on the counters, hence the reason why pro lipsticks, shadows and pigments pop up from time to time.