MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

pretty_melody

i haven't ever seen it in a store, but we have a super high end mall by me where i am sure it exists. the department stores there are bloomingdales, neiman marcus, nordstroms.... and then inside its like prada and stuff.

i always feel so awkward going there. i went into la perla for fun and the woman wouldnt even look at me, which is hard when the store is like one 12x12 room.
I felt so awkward as well when I went into saks. So many high class and rich people just trying and buying. I felt like people were staring and wondering "What is this 16 year old looking girl is doing looking at high end stuff she cant afford anything" Next time I plan to go in there like I own the place lol

breatheonbeat

I felt so awkward as well when I went into saks. So many high class and rich people just trying and buying. I felt like people were staring and wondering "What is this 16 year old looking girl is doing looking at high end stuff she cant afford anything" Next time I plan to go in there like I own the place lol
exactly!

matchachoco

This is my friends skin tone she is shade C3 in face and body foundation!
Oops! Sorry, didn't read carefully :x but thanks for the shade info for your kind friend!
LOL when it comes to eyeshadow and lipstick my husband learns not to question how many I have. He made me a lipstick holder just for my Mac ones....it holds 30....I'm 3 over now haha. So he said he'll make me another one I told him it doesn't have to be as big and he just looked at me like sure hun you say that now haha.
That is so sweet!

BrknFlwr85

I hate when that happens. I look about 16 to most people, but I'm 25 and it drives me nuts sometimes. I'm not a flashy person, but I do have a taste for high end stuff, so for most people it's not obvious that my handbag/shoes/etc. might have cost me a fortune. I'm not rich by any means, but I save a lot of my money and only spend it on things that will last me a long time.

I could care less what people think because I'd rather have 2-3 great quality items than a closet full of cheap stuff that I get tired of after a while. It doesn't matter if you have to save up a month's worth of pay or just a day's worth, you have just as much right to buy what you want as anyone else.

AutumnMoon

Hahaha. But, but...it's hard not to want ALL these lipsticks. They look so different than all the others. I'm also pondering the bronzer. I have fancy Guerlain ones, but they're so pretty I don't want to use them up. Then, maybe a brush. I don't need another brush, but I want one.
I know. Screw it, I'm getting them all. I have a new lipstick holder to fill up ;) I understand about not wanting to use pretty makeup. I have a Chanel highlighter from two years ago with a pretty pattern pressed into the top. I just can't bring myself to destroy that!

MACina

I was looking at the Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille cologne for my husband because he loves the smell of the fresh tobacco in cigar humidors, but THE PRICE!
I adore Tobacco Vanille
th_worship.gif
eyelove.gif
bigheart.gif

Probably my fave ever!

TF Private Blend fragrances are divine
th_e2cloud9.gif

pretty_melody

I hate when that happens. I look about 16 to most people, but I'm 25 and it drives me nuts sometimes. I'm not a flashy person, but I do have a taste for high end stuff, so for most people it's not obvious that my handbag/shoes/etc. might have cost me a fortune. I'm not rich by any means, but I save a lot of my money and only spend it on things that will last me a long time.

I could care less what people think because I'd rather have 2-3 great quality items than a closet full of cheap stuff that I get tired of after a while. It doesn't matter if you have to save up a month's worth of pay or just a day's worth, you have just as much right to buy what you want as anyone else.
Preach it girl! Im 24 and I hate going into Mac stores and getting looks from employees...drives me nuts that's why 99% of my shopping is done online.

pretty_melody

I adore Tobacco Vanille
th_worship.gif
eyelove.gif
bigheart.gif

Probably my fave ever!

TF Private Blend fragrances are divine
th_e2cloud9.gif
Has anyone seen the Own documentary on him? It was fabulous! I remember going to the woodbury commons and walking inside the Tom ford store and just touching gorgeous clutches and dresses saying out loud to myself "Ahh I touched a TF dress" *dies* did the same thing in the Dior store too...

BrknFlwr85

Preach it girl! Im 24 and I hate going into Mac stores and getting looks from employees...drives me nuts that's why 99% of my shopping is done online.
I've had that experience at MAC too, but they get happy when I give them my list for new collections because I am spending a ton of money. I like to order online too and usually only purchase in store if I missed out on something or if I go out of town.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to swatch this collection before I make up my mind 100%, but I have a feeling I will order at least one thing online when it goes up (probably AS).

pretty_melody

I've had that experience at MAC too, but they get happy when I give them my list for new collections because I am spending a ton of money. I like to order online too and usually only purchase in store if I missed out on something or if I go out of town.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to swatch this collection before I make up my mind 100%, but I have a feeling I will order at least one thing online when it goes up (probably AS).
I always have an annoying experience there. I went for a back2mac once and the girl kept following me around every where I went and trying to get me to hurry up and pick a lipstick.

rocksteadybaby

Omg!! I nearly had a heart attack I thought they launched the collection already online...didn't realize it was for Pro only. I still haven't made up my list on what I want to get
sigh.gif

pretty_melody

Omg!! I nearly had a heart attack I thought they launched the collection already online...didn't realize it was for Pro only. I still haven't made up my list on what I want to get
sigh.gif
Yeah I had a mini heart attack when I woke up this morning for work thinking it had already launched...

Dolly Snow

Omg!! I nearly had a heart attack I thought they launched the collection already online...didn't realize it was for Pro only. I still haven't made up my list on what I want to get :sigh:
A few members still haven't decided either. I am doing my best to not get tempted by more when the launch happens.

Latest posts