MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

MelroseLuvsMkup

Swatches - dark skinned WOC. I did the swatches in the shade as well as direct sunlight so you could see the difference. Eyeshadows from top --> bottom: Lorelei Sea Worship Silver Sun Fathoms Deep Soul Serenade Lengendary Lure Lipsticks from top --> bottom: Siren Song Pet Me Please Enchanted One Mystical Goddess of the Sea Lipglasses from top --> bottom: Clear Water Peachstock Water Deities Seducing Sound Modern Lure Hope this helps those who are planning to buy their goodies in store next week!
Beautiful haul, the Edes looks gorgeous on your skin tone.

Dolly Snow

lmao.gif
....Dolly Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG....I can' t stop laughing
lmao.gif
Hahaha What? I do.
girlhaha.gif

I just saw the review and I was like huh it looks nice on her. How could she give it a C.
Maybe she got a bad batch...idk lol

awickedshape

Hope I'm not double posting http://www.allurabeauty.com/2014/mac-alluring-aquatic-tinted-lipglasses-review-photos-swatches/#more-56156

butterflyeyes

Am I the only one trying to fight the urge to get the shadows??? I'm contemplating making the drive to ATL on release day to get any additional bu's I might want (I'll know of I need them once I pick up my box from UPS Monday morning). I'm trying to really decide if I NEED the shadows. I won't bother with making the drive if I decide I don't need to bu any thing I already got though. Not worth the drive for anything I'm on the fence about.

pretty_melody

Am I the only one trying to fight the urge to get the shadows??? I'm contemplating making the drive to ATL on release day to get any additional bu's I might want (I'll know of I need them once I pick up my box from UPS Monday morning). I'm trying to really decide if I NEED the shadows. I won't bother with making the drive if I decide I don't need to bu any thing I already got though. Not worth the drive for anything I'm on the fence about.
I'm having the same issue, I know their stunningly gorgeous but I just don't think I'd use them as much as I'd like to. The lipsticks on the other hand I need back ups for sure!

Debbs

@BreeMakeupGeek, cannot multi-quote but your new Avi is fierce, darling! Miss seeing you in the threads and now you return looking more fab! Gorgeous red lips and beautiful hair.

Dolly Snow

I used to take what she said as gospel but after a couple collections and with SS and AS I'm just like "huh?"
As did I.
Over the years though I have learned from the lovely Specktra members that she piles the product to show the color.
So I would buy things and think I hope they turn out like that. They never did.
So now I enjoy reading her reviews and her comments. Actually all the bloggers I like them all.
But I make my own judgment. It really is the best judgement you can trust lol

veronikawithak

[@]Dolly Snow[/@] I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and now I desperately want AS too.. It looks like the bronzer I've been waiting for all my life. Will you be my bodyguard? Hide me from #teamlowbuy.. lol.

ILoveMakeup84

I was just coming here to comment on that.  I think she didn't like how light and sheer it was, but that's the reason I love it.  Bronzers are usually heavy looking and too matte for my liking on my NW13 skin.  I like the soft sheer color of AS, that's what made me buy it.  Just because it doesn't pack a ton of pigmentation doesn't make it bad...
I agree! The bronzers that I have are too pigmented so I need to be extra careful with them. I prefer a more sheer bronzer since I prefer to build up than to blend :)

Dolly Snow

@Dolly Snow I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and now I desperately want AS too.. It looks like the bronzer I've been waiting for all my life. Will you be my bodyguard? Hide me from #teamlowbuy.. lol.
Hahaha Yes I will be your bodyguard!
Nothing going on here #teamlowbuy!
Just two people talking about makeup and not buying it lol

kait0

Girls will be girls, Kim. If it bothered them that much, they would've left feedback on your vid. You still did an amazing job, sista! Your skin = FLAWLESS.
I have to say I really don't like when people say stuff like that. It just feeds into the stereotype that girls are these petty catty bitches. I watched 4 videos in a row where no one could say the words correctly (none of which were Kimbuhlee). It's an observation. We are allowed to think critically and shouldn't be patronized for it.

pretty_melody

Aw, me too. I have quite a few and now find them too sticky. Except the Cremesheen ones.
Same here! I put them on and they look gorgeous I just can't stand the sticky and tacky feeling and wind up wiping them off. I guess I'm just high maintenance and expect to have a gloss thats shiny and gorgeous but isn't sticky...Which to me would have to be the Glossimers from Chanel

Belle0387

Swatches - dark skinned WOC. I did the swatches in the shade as well as direct sunlight so you could see the difference.

Eyeshadows from top --> bottom:
Lorelei
Sea Worship
Silver Sun
Fathoms Deep
Soul Serenade
Lengendary Lure

Lipsticks from top --> bottom:
Siren Song
Pet Me Please
Enchanted One
Mystical
Goddess of the Sea

Lipglasses from top --> bottom:
Clear Water
Peachstock
Water Deities
Seducing Sound
Modern Lure

Hope this helps those who are planning to buy their goodies in store next week!
great swatches, thank you!

ILoveMakeup84

[@]veronikawithak[/@] You need AS! I mean you don't have anything like it and bronzers for us fair ladies are hard to come by! Promise I won't tell Pixie and HerGreyness lol!