MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

Corally

OK so my preliminary list: EDB Sea Me, Hear Me EDB Seduced at Sea EDSF Both LS Enchanted One LS Goddess of the Sea LS Mystical EDES Sea Worship/Silver Sun/Legendary Lure (I have to pick one and only if it's REALLY special because those tiny EDES are so overpriced) One of the bronzers (maybe because I don't use bronzer very often) Too bad Lorelei isn't really up my alley because I love the name!

MACina

th_roll1.gif

That's exactly something my mom would say too!

lol.gif
....same here
grouphug2.gif

My mom would have given me the exact same answer!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks to Naynadine YET AGAIN!!! How DO you do it??

As nice as those compacts are - they look like they're probably things I don't need. If it'd been Lush Light Bronze, I would have gone for it. Maybe the EDSFs aren't repromotes, but I honestly have enough of them for now, as much as I wind up getting swayed by their finish. I'd rather wait and see what new MSFs come out - I'm sure they will be wilder and more unique, as they were last year.

Meanwhile, Mystical looks like a color that might be able to stand up to my beloved One of a Kind. 'Might be a matte, and not a lustre, but that's doable, if it looks the same shade on my lips. That purple one will happen too, no doubt. Plus I love that purple gloss- it's the sparkle kind…one of my favorite finishes. Enchanted One looks really good too, but I know the chances are high I have a dupe.

This batch of EDES is GORGEOUS! I was never that much in love with all those pale pastels, even though Zestful is one of my favorites - they're just kind of hard to wear for me. I'm more into a soft smokey eye than a pastel eye with cat liner. I'm probably going to go to town, depending on whether they are flattering on me. I hope they're either the GLOW finish (that would be beyond awesome), or they're nice and sheer, which would be amazing too - darkish colors in a sheer sparkly formula are my catnip. I am very into Fathoms Deep and SEA WORSHIP (omg that one is stupendous!!), plus Silver Sun. Legendary Lure and Soul Serenade could be great too, in the right finish, since I know I already have colors like these in MES.

Those blushes will be pretty tempting too, if they're just slightly deeper versions of At Dusk and Bareness. I'd pretty much go apeshit over a couple like that.

Those nail polishes are really grabbing me too. Love those murky colors - not so easy to come by polishes that are mixed with that sort of depth of tone. I'm not afraid of MAC polishes. Lately, their quality has been much much better (the Proenza red/coral one I saw was as good a formula as you can hope for - one coat, self leveling, fast dry, very glossy without topcoat and it stayed on my nails.)

If that bag is a metallic finish, I may break down and get it too. Love the color and texture.

All in all, looking forward to this, BUT I have this nagging feeling that the Mineralize collection will be even more creative and colorful. Could you imagine the frenzy if there was a MB or MSF in an orchid color????????????
I'm really liking the metallic brown one. But I won't get it because of the price. If the polishes were still around 12€, maybe. But not for 16-17€.
nope.gif

Don't remind me of the Mineralize colection...
thud.gif
I'm already scared.
There's this korean brand I bought a highlighter from, they have a limited edition that unfortunately seems to be available in stores only. They have a red baked blush, as well as an orange one, a lavender one and some others. Too bad I can't get my hands on those. I would love for MAC to do similar shades.

kimibos

werd.gif

What low buy thread???
whistle.gif

there is a reason i have never posted, not a single time!

Quote: Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty
We all know this struggle. I was super excited about the name of one eyeshadow being "Lorelei" and how a big international company such as MAC would use it in one of their collections and told my family about it and all they did was to make fun of me. Meh.

In May, the whole thread will probably consist of confessions.
girlhaha.gif
#thestruggleisreal #firstworldproblems
hahaha

kimibos

OK i need to know who LORELEI is.? European girls you have to tell me! ok ill google her but still i need details as to why you all like her.

Corally

I showed the pics to my mom: - ''Look, that's MAC's summer collection this year, isn't the packaging gorgeous? The beautiful colour and it actually looks like real waterdrops on the...'' - ''Ya, but you don't need any of it.'' :blinks: Ouch. :haha:  
Story of my life lol... You don't need it. You have enough. You won't have to buy make-up for the rest of your life. :lol:

MACina

Same with my mom, she just wears mascara and eyeliner most of the time. She doesn't understand why I need more makeup than I could ever possibly use in my life and likes to yell at me about it often.

And same with my mom....she only wears lipstick and mascara and owns 1 or 2 lipsticks (red) and 1 mascara!

OctoberViolet

Thanks to Naynadine YET AGAIN!!! How DO you do it??

As nice as those compacts are - they look like they're probably things I don't need. If it'd been Lush Light Bronze, I would have gone for it. Maybe the EDSFs aren't repromotes, but I honestly have enough of them for now, as much as I wind up getting swayed by their finish. I'd rather wait and see what new MSFs come out - I'm sure they will be wilder and more unique, as they were last year.

Meanwhile, Mystical looks like a color that might be able to stand up to my beloved One of a Kind. 'Might be a matte, and not a lustre, but that's doable, if it looks the same shade on my lips. That purple one will happen too, no doubt. Plus I love that purple gloss- it's the sparkle kind…one of my favorite finishes. Enchanted One looks really good too, but I know the chances are high I have a dupe.

This batch of EDES is GORGEOUS! I was never that much in love with all those pale pastels, even though Zestful is one of my favorites - they're just kind of hard to wear for me. I'm more into a soft smokey eye than a pastel eye with cat liner. I'm probably going to go to town, depending on whether they are flattering on me. I hope they're either the GLOW finish (that would be beyond awesome), or they're nice and sheer, which would be amazing too - darkish colors in a sheer sparkly formula are my catnip. I am very into Fathoms Deep and SEA WORSHIP (omg that one is stupendous!!), plus Silver Sun. Legendary Lure and Soul Serenade could be great too, in the right finish, since I know I already have colors like these in MES.

Those blushes will be pretty tempting too, if they're just slightly deeper versions of At Dusk and Bareness. I'd pretty much go apeshit over a couple like that.

Those nail polishes are really grabbing me too. Love those murky colors - not so easy to come by polishes that are mixed with that sort of depth of tone. I'm not afraid of MAC polishes. Lately, their quality has been much much better (the Proenza red/coral one I saw was as good a formula as you can hope for - one coat, self leveling, fast dry, very glossy without topcoat and it stayed on my nails.)

If that bag is a metallic finish, I may break down and get it too. Love the color and texture.

All in all, looking forward to this, BUT I have this nagging feeling that the Mineralize collection will be even more creative and colorful. Could you imagine the frenzy if there was a MB or MSF in an orchid color????????????
I'm quite surprised I haven't seen much in the Orchid color family in anything lately. Isn't Orchid the color of the year? I want some lippies, shadows, liners, blushes, etc in this color. I'm also waiting for some clothing to have the orchid color. What's going on????

MACina

I'm really liking the metallic brown one. But I won't get it because of the price. If the polishes were still around 12€, maybe. But not for 16-17€.
nope.gif

Don't remind me of the Mineralize colection...
thud.gif
I'm already scared.
There's this korean brand I bought a highlighter from, they have a limited edition that unfortunately seems to be available in stores only. They have a red baked blush, as well as an orange one, a lavender one and some others. Too bad I can't get my hands on those. I would love for MAC to do similar shades.

thud.gif
thud.gif
......sooooooooo excited already
pompom.gif

Corally

OK i need to know who LORELEI is.? European girls you have to tell me! ok ill google her but still i need details as to why you all like her.
The Lorelei is a huge rock at the Rhine river in Germany. Never been there though. :p For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorelei But I like it because it reminds me of Lorelei Gilmore from Gilmore Girls, and I love Gilmore Girls. :haha:

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
It's a rock on the Rhine river. There's this tale that a young woman was sitting there, singing and brushing her hair, destracting ships and making them sink.

GC22YE5 Loreleyfelsen - Loreley Rock (Earthcache) in Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany created by Crosscountrydog

Aussicht – Maria Ruh | Ferienwohnung Yellowstone

There's a famous poem & song about it too.

Peter Schreier, Lorelei, Ich weiß nicht, was soll es bedeut - YouTube

kimibos

Quote: Originally Posted by Naynadine LOL!!!!
It's a rock on the Rhine river. There's this tale that a young woman was sitting there, singing and brushing her hair, destracting ships and making them sink.

GC22YE5 Loreleyfelsen - Loreley Rock (Earthcache) in Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany created by Crosscountrydog
Aussicht – Maria Ruh | Ferienwohnung Yellowstone
There's a famous poem & song about it too.
Peter Schreier, Lorelei, Ich weiß nicht, was soll es bedeut - YouTube

Thanks nadine. her breast look nice but she is a trap. so i wont look at her or them!