MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

veronikawithak

Isit me or do the extra dimension skin finishes look like two-in-ones which they came out with before, the one in the promo pic kinda reminds me of 'definitely defined' I think it was...
Looked like it to me too! But in the promo pic with small images of everything together they look like normal EDSFs to me..

xfarrax

This is definitely Gona be a huge haul on my part the compacts are so pretty!! I think I'm Gona pick up a few of the eyeshadows because I love my 'a natural flirt' that I got with magnetic nude, it's had so much wear!! Oh and 'seduced at sea' blush I will literally just have to buy it for the the name

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I showed the pics to my mom:

- ''Look, that's MAC's summer collection this year, isn't the packaging gorgeous? The beautiful colour and it actually looks like real waterdrops on the...''
- ''Ya, but you don't need any of it.''
blinks.gif

Ouch.
girlhaha.gif

MissElle12

- ''Look, that's MAC's summer collection this year, isn't the packaging gorgeous? The beautiful colour and it actually looks like real waterdrops on the...''
blinks.gif

Ouch.
girlhaha.gif
th_roll1.gif

That's exactly something my mom would say too!

xfarrax

Looked like it to me too! But in the promo pic with small images of everything together they look like normal EDSFs to me..
Yh they look very bronzy too in the smaller pic, I think I might skip skin finishes and just get the bronzer compacts I've wanted to get a mac bronzer in the past couple of months because I've never tried em so may as well wait it out til this comes out and get it in beautiful packaging

miss0annette

blinks.gif

Ouch.
girlhaha.gif
Sounds like what my mom and boyfriend tell me.
th_rolleye0014.gif

OctoberViolet

blinks.gif

Ouch.
girlhaha.gif
girlhaha.gif
LOL Nadine. My mom never was into anything girly. Not makeup, hair, jewelry, clothing. She's a true tomboy in every sense. Everytime I show her a new MAC collection or something from another brand, her first words are always what your mom says "You don't need any of it". I still buy. It makes me happy
love.gif

kimibos

blinks.gif

Ouch.
girlhaha.gif
like my dad today, at the sephora event i get out of the car, and am i like, are you coming or what? he goes no im staying, heres your money!! LOL he probably didnt want to see me spending it.
he did come in later to get some coffee and pastries. maybe your mom and him could get together.

my mom is the only one that understands me in person!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
girlhaha.gif
LOL Nadine. My mom never was into anything girly. Not makeup, hair, jewelry, clothing. She's a true tomboy in every sense. Everytime I show her a new MAC collection or something from another brand, her first words are always what your mom says "You don't need any of it". I still buy. It makes me happy
love.gif
Good to know I'm not the only one.
girlhaha.gif

My mom isn't into makeup either. A L'oreal lipstick is fanciest thing in her world, so she would get a heart attack seeing how much my makeup costs, lol.

Miss Dynamite

blinks.gif

Ouch.
girlhaha.gif
Tell her she is definitely wrong, you very much do need it! xD I always tell my family the same thing "but I NEEEEEEEEED it!!!!!!!!!"

OctoberViolet

girlhaha.gif
love.gif

Good to know I'm not the only one.
girlhaha.gif

My mom isn't into makeup either. A L'oreal lipstick is fanciest thing in her world, so she would get a heart attack seeing how much my makeup costs, lol.
Ha! My mom doesn't even own a lipstick. I don't think she ever has. I gave her two lippies that I didn't want anymore. One from MAC and one from WnW. She barely ever touches them though.
th_rolleye0014.gif

Miss Dynamite

Ha! My mom doesn't even own a lipstick. I don't think she ever has. I gave her two lippies that I didn't want anymore. One from MAC and one from WnW. She barely ever touches them though.
th_rolleye0014.gif
Same with my mom, she just wears mascara and eyeliner most of the time. She doesn't understand why I need more makeup than I could ever possibly use in my life and likes to yell at me about it often.

liba

Thanks to Naynadine YET AGAIN!!! How DO you do it??

As nice as those compacts are - they look like they're probably things I don't need. If it'd been Lush Light Bronze, I would have gone for it. Maybe the EDSFs aren't repromotes, but I honestly have enough of them for now, as much as I wind up getting swayed by their finish. I'd rather wait and see what new MSFs come out - I'm sure they will be wilder and more unique, as they were last year.

Meanwhile, Mystical looks like a color that might be able to stand up to my beloved One of a Kind. 'Might be a matte, and not a lustre, but that's doable, if it looks the same shade on my lips. That purple one will happen too, no doubt. Plus I love that purple gloss- it's the sparkle kind…one of my favorite finishes. Enchanted One looks really good too, but I know the chances are high I have a dupe.

This batch of EDES is GORGEOUS! I was never that much in love with all those pale pastels, even though Zestful is one of my favorites - they're just kind of hard to wear for me. I'm more into a soft smokey eye than a pastel eye with cat liner. I'm probably going to go to town, depending on whether they are flattering on me. I hope they're either the GLOW finish (that would be beyond awesome), or they're nice and sheer, which would be amazing too - darkish colors in a sheer sparkly formula are my catnip. I am very into Fathoms Deep and SEA WORSHIP (omg that one is stupendous!!), plus Silver Sun. Legendary Lure and Soul Serenade could be great too, in the right finish, since I know I already have colors like these in MES.

Those blushes will be pretty tempting too, if they're just slightly deeper versions of At Dusk and Bareness. I'd pretty much go apeshit over a couple like that.

Those nail polishes are really grabbing me too. Love those murky colors - not so easy to come by polishes that are mixed with that sort of depth of tone. I'm not afraid of MAC polishes. Lately, their quality has been much much better (the Proenza red/coral one I saw was as good a formula as you can hope for - one coat, self leveling, fast dry, very glossy without topcoat and it stayed on my nails.)

If that bag is a metallic finish, I may break down and get it too. Love the color and texture.

All in all, looking forward to this, BUT I have this nagging feeling that the Mineralize collection will be even more creative and colorful. Could you imagine the frenzy if there was a MB or MSF in an orchid color????????????

liba

blinks.gif

Ouch.
girlhaha.gif
Don't be too shocked by her reaction - she's probably amazed you can think of makeup right now.
whistle.gif
I hope your dad's doing better and your mom is hanging in there, btw
th_kiss.gif