MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

Indieprincess

Just seeing the pictures up close I don't think I married to anything in this collection like I absolutely HAVE to have it. I don't need another midtone purple/plum lipstick so that's a pass on any of those and I could use two of the lipglasses but I barely wear lipgloss in general so if anything I'd get the two blushes and I could easily stop by the counter on my own time I don't need to stalk the site for them. Oh well...

katred

Specktra Bestie
I still haven't made the leap and bought an Extra Dimension product, but Fathom's Deep looks really pretty... might be the one that tempts me. I'm also curious about Goddess of the Sea (although I agree that it looks a lot like a half dozen other plum-toned lipsticks Mac has done, all of which I already have) and Mystical. I'm wondering if the latter will be at all like the discontinued shade Mystic. That was a favourite of mine for years and Mystical does kind of resemble it in the promo photos. I realise that even products that have the same name aren't necessarily that close when it comes to Mac (anyone remember the metallic bronze lipstick called "Heroine" that came out with Wonder Woman?), but I'd love to see something along the lines of Mystic, which has proven surprisingly hard to dupe.

Kristin Bacon

Quick question. Are edes better than reg eyeshadows? As in pigmentation & ease of application?
I think it depends on who u ask. Personally i LOVE them. SOOO MUCH!! The colors i have had, which is only three so far, have been great. Using the 239 eyeshadow brush and paint pot primer, i get a really pigmented color that lasts. maybe not quit as long as usual mac shadows, but edes states it lasts up to six hours. which i always get longer. They are silky smooth and gel like. Buttery texture, and opaque if i build. I used up half of my Silver Dawn already and wish i BU that one. I know i am going crazy over this collection and will get most of the eyeshadows.

kimibos

i like the ED shadows but in no way are they better than regular shadows to me. also they are verryy shimmery, i cant see myself using some of the colors in the day LOL

Dolly Snow

Alright ladies thank you so much! You all have really helped me. I guess I'll buy one with this collection to try out for myself. I appreciate all your opinions.Quote:Originally Posted by kimibos

NOPE. 

Quote:Originally Posted by Kristin Bacon

I think it depends on who u ask. Personally i LOVE them. SOOO MUCH!! The colors i have had, which is only three so far, have been great. Using the 239 eyeshadow brush and paint pot primer, i get a really pigmented color that lasts. maybe not quit as long as usual mac shadows, but edes states it lasts up to six hours. which i always get longer. They are silky smooth and gel like. Buttery texture, and opaque if i build. I used up half of my Silver Dawn already and wish i BU that one. I know i am going crazy over this collection and will get most of the eyeshadows.

Quote:Originally Posted by Beautybuyer

I love ed formula but simply put NO
lol

Quote:Originally Posted by kimibos

i like the ED shadows but in no way are they better than regular shadows to me. also they are verryy shimmery, i cant see myself using some of the colors in the day LOL

Quote:Originally Posted by erine1881

Negative. There's only one finish, they break easily, they're more expensive, and the colour range just isn't there. They're just ok.

hippychic823

I was planning on spending a lot on Playland but this is def where I'm gonna splurge!!! Want both ED blushes; Enchanted One l/s (plus 2 BU's of it); Mythical l/s; Goddess of the Sea l/s and maybe an EDSF depending on the shades

DarylandCarole

I was planning on spending a lot on Playland but this is def where I'm gonna splurge!!! Want both ED blushes; Enchanted One l/s (plus 2 BU's of it); Mythical l/s; Goddess of the Sea l/s and maybe an EDSF depending on the shades
I'm the same. I'll probably only get 1 or 2 things from Playland so that I can buy what I want here.

stephglittersss

Same here, only purchasing a few items in the Playland collection, bc i like this collection a lot more. Really loving the eye shadows

pemily

I hope there is something in this i want... I adore the packaging... purely because it is different but I wont buy soley on packaging...

BriarRose

Just now seeing this info (thank you, ladies!) and so sad. I can't wear ED products. I have some kind of allergic reaction to the few I do have, so I can't be buying any more.

I really wanted to get a few different items from this too, since the packaging is so lovely and I literally have not bought a MAC eyeshadow this entire year and don't know of any upcoming that I want either.

Only maybes for me are:
Modern Lure LG
Goddess of the Sea LS

On the bright side... Yay low buy, again!

Latest posts