MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

User38

Teheeeee I love y'all. But I had tooooo
Hell I was already on MAC.com..
yahoo.gif

User38

I understand your concern and thank you for the advice, I could and probably should cut down on my to buy list. I suppose I'm not worried about the student loans as my parents are paying it off for me. However I do have to get better at saving money
oh dear.. I have to agree with Audrey. Sorry, but I think many of our financial problems stem from a feeling of entitlement.. no, your parents do not have to pay anything off for you.

If you really want to study, you could pay it off yourself... the self respect of paying your own way has no boundaries. And, you will learn to live within your means and control your impulses .. not just save money. In all of life.

good luck,

Debbs

You know you are an addict when you are scheduling yourself off on May 22nd. You know you are an addict when you write your Mac list, take a pic and text it to close family/friends You know you are an addict when you try to be on Specktra all the time ignoring everyone around you. You know you are an addict when you are on pins and needles dying to know what the compacts contain Please, Please, Please, reveal the contents, lol The suspense is killing me, ugh

alexisweaver

You know you are an addict when you are scheduling yourself off on May 22nd. You know you are an addict when you write your Mac list, take a pic and text it to close family/friends You know you are an addict when you try to be on Specktra all the time ignoring everyone around you. You know you are an addict when you are on pins and needles dying to know what the compacts contain Please, Please, Please, reveal the contents, lol The suspense is killing me, ugh
Lol all so true! I thought I was the only one that requested off on collection days. To me it's an exciting all day event! Teeheee

heirloom94

oh dear.. I have to agree with Audrey. Sorry, but I think many of our financial problems stem from a feeling of entitlement.. no, your parents do not have to pay anything off for you.

If you really want to study, you could pay it off yourself... the self respect of paying your own way has no boundaries. And, you will learn to live within your means and control your impulses .. not just save money. In all of life.

good luck,
Although I understand where you are coming from, I think its a little unfair to label me entitled. My family is Nigerian which means education is extremely important, my parents refuse to let me get a job whilst studying as they don't want anything to distract from my studies. I had a job working long hours at KFC whist in my gap year so I do know what hard work is, I was doing 12 hour shifts 6 days a week. I have no problem working to pay for my education myself, but its a gift my parents want to give me

kimibos

Although I understand where you are coming from, I think its a little unfair to label me entitled. My family is Nigerian which means education is extremely important, my parents refuse to let me get a job whilst studying as they don't want anything to distract from my studies. I had a job working long hours at KFC whist in my gap year so I do know what hard work is, I was doing 12 hour shifts 6 days a week. I have no problem working to pay for my education myself, but its a gift my parents want to give me
i actually understand you, when i was in high school i wanted to get a job to buy my things, books, clothes etc. but my parents refused. since i was little my parents told me that my only job was to study. i havent been to college for health reason but once im back, they wont let me get a job.
i gratuated HS with Honors, went from speaking no english to taking AP and honors classes at the end.
so people in the family make fun of, since i have never had a job, i dont care.

Beautybuyer

Dang, you're expensive! lol Hey we're both in Cali, we can just meet up. haha
Lol let's meet at the Madonna inn place I've always wanted to check it out lmao! My friend is the manager at a mac so he's going to hold things for me incase I miss the online launch. I wonder how limited this collection will be.

Debbs

Call me paranoid and suspicious but no matter how much I am reassured that my items are supposedly safe I am still making sure. Once I was told a manager had put back my perfect swirls as it wasn't allowed. Another time I was told that executives were visiting etc etc. I would now rather have holds at both Macy's and Nordies then call to release one ( since I am not getting 3 of the same item anymore) but if I am really interested I don't leave anything to chance at all. I used to buy so much at all the counters that no one had any idea where my loyalty was, coughs, Nordies. Still love me some Macy's tho, lol

BeautyFan55

Will the collection launch online at midnight on the 22nd or earlier? I keep getting antsy about this collection but I have to keep telling myself it's 7 weeks away.

DarylandCarole

I think it's nice that your parents are paying for it. These days, a college education is a necessity, and should be considered as part of raising a child. If you can't afford to pay for the education that they need to get a decent job, then don't have a child. That's just my opinion, of course. I did not have any help paying for college and may very well be paying off my loans until I die. I am not proud that I paid for it myself. I'd much rather have had some help! I was the youngest in my family AND the first one to get a college degree. I'm proud of myself for doing the work. It took me 12 years of going to school at night while I worked. I'm proud that I worked hard to get a degree. To each their own, though. It is important to be grateful for what your parents are doing, but only you know your situation. I'm sure that you were mostly joking about the money for this collection. I don't pretend to know how various cultures and parents think about the importance of education. I just know that I would have been so happy if my parents had even helped me pay for it. (Or for that matter, if they would have been proud or supportive, but that's a different topic.)

erine1881

Will the collection launch online at midnight on the 22nd or earlier? I keep getting antsy about this collection but I have to keep telling myself it's 7 weeks away.
We don't have an official online date, and there's never an official online time for any collection launch.