MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Beauty911

My goodies just came! Yippee! finally!:eyelove: I love everything. I think my fav lippie from the 3 I ordered is Haute Altitude. Hot Chocolate is pulling very brown on me. candy yum yum even though not part of the collection is day glo pink! Wow that and the viva glam nicki will have to my summer lippies. I think Fireside is my fave shadow. It's like 3 shadows in one depending on where my brush hits. Mine is split in half. One side purple one side green brown. Love it! Can't wait to wear my new goodies tomorrow. Somehow 2 Slightly Nude lip balms got into my order. I was charged for 2 but I remember only ordering 1. Not sure how 2 happened. I applied Slightly Nude and love the feel and texture of the balm. I was shocked at how small these are! Somehow I thought these tubes would be larger for the price but oh well. Glad I got the 3 colors I got but I will not be going back to get the other 2 as I planned. Also in my order came the pro concealer palette in medium. Looking at it it is too dark for me right now. Will have to go back and order the light one until I start tanning again. Not really sure how to use it though. There is a yellow and peach color in the bottom row. Can any of the pros on this site explain how to use the yellow and peach color? Mac Guy? Thanks in advance.:encore:

aBeautyFairy

Happy New Year Speckra !!!!!!!!!!!

OK, first I have to give the back story but trust me this is relevant. So a few years ago my daughter and I were at a water park when we saw from a distance a young woman that appeared to be naked
icon_eek.gif
. As we got closer we saw it was just a cute brown skinned girl in a cute brown one piece swim suite. Any hoo, cute brown girl + cute brown suite = Crazy Naked Looking Mess
nonono.gif

So today I was in Macys and decided to finally try Cozy Up on my lips. My daughter and I have swatched it a couple times but I wanted to get a few must haves (Apres Chic, Hot Chocolate & Silver Birch) from this collection before giving it any serious consideration. And since I have not seen many pics online I had no idea what to expect. I have a very golden caramel coloring and when I put this on my lips I burst out laughing so loud that girls from fragrance came over to the counter. When I say this color looked CRAZY on me
Baby you better believe it.
WTF2.gif

We all started trying to FIX it to MAKE IT WORK, LOL.
- Added Cork liner, and the liner turned orange.
- Tried it with Chestnut, an improvement
-Next added Warm Companion to the center - OK, almost there.
-Last, topped with Pure & Tender balm - Finally, a wearable look

BUT - Ain't Nobody Got Time for That !!!

So the moral of my story is caramel girl + matte caramel lipstick = NO NO NO or Crazy Blank Faced Mess ( my mouth totally disappeared).

I think I might go back for Warm Companion though
sigh.gif

VampyCouture

Silver Birch: Another contender for sell out. This one really took me by surprise. It's a melange of peach and dark charcoal silver with some pale olive/gold shimmer in there. Blended together and applied wet it becomes this AMAZING color that's sort of like liquid tarnished metal - like a very pale olive almost, but the metallic sheen sits up on top of a deeper undertone - it's not duochrome...it's more like the effect you get with the glorious Golden Gaze MES, where the bronze color sits on top of the black base, except Silver Birch is so smooth and reflective compared to Golden Gaze. It really looks like liquid mercury. Another thing about it, I normally can't really wear pale olive tones very well, or cool, light silvers, but somehow, there's enough depth to this color that it looks fabulous even on me. Gals with darker skin tones are going to look like liquid metal goddesses with this one. It's one of the most unusual metallic eye shadows I've come across. Exceptional!
Liba, you hit that description right on the nail!

I finally got my Dec. 23rd order and Silver Birch is stunning. I didn't expect to love it as much as I did. This color is more than I could have ever imagined and I love how you can still see the faint olive/gold/silver with my skin tone. Very beautiful! It doesn't swatch the same as Modern Pewter on me.

I also got Fireside which is perfect in every way I imagined. I love the duochrome of this shadow. I have more plum in mine and swatched, I can see the plum, but on the eyes, I see a bit more green. This is a great shade to make brown eyes really pop against the skin! Still waiting on Hot Chocolate, but it's already a given that I will like it. This was a great collection for me.

kimibos

i just got my stereo rose!! its soo pretty i cant wait to wear it!
pompom.gif
im getting winter pursuit tomorrow. i also feel like going veining hunting for fireside.

DynoPupBeauty

Hello ladies! My apres chic haul came through the mail this evening!!!!

Here's swatches on my NC42/43.5 skintone...

stereo rose

alpine bronze mineralize blush

stereo rose and alpine bronze swatched and blended

cozy up, haute altitude, hot chocolate lipstick

cozy up lipstick

haute altitude lipstick

hot chocolate lipstick

cozy up, haute altitude, hot chocolate lipsticks swatch

half n half - yash - cozy up - honeylove, mac comparison lipsticks

angel - haute altitude - mehr - pink plaid, mac comparison lipsticks

hot chocolate - verve, mac comparison lipsticks

I like everything a lot! Cozy up is a little peachy orange than a nude on me, but it's nice paired with boldly bare lip pencil. Haute Altitude is a really lovely pink and it's nothing like mehr lipstick the two look completely different on me when swatched so owning both is fine for me (I've seen people compare it to mehr claiming it's a dupe I wasn't so sure when I tried it on myself). Hot chocolate surprisingly I've really fallen in love with, the plum doesn't show through so much when applied on my lips, it's almost a nude brown on me, but swatched on my arm the plum is apparent in it - verve I'd say is the closest colour I have in my collection to it.

Stereo rose is gorgeous I'd seen plenty of swatches online and am so pleased I got to purchase it with this collection, Alpine bronze is absolutely gorgeous, I tried it with a bronze makeup look and over gingerly blush this looked so nice, it's definitely a summer staple for me and works well on it's own as a blush or highlighter.
eyelove.gif

GlamQueen21

^Swatches are amazing!!!! You look so gorgeous with Haute Altitude!!

I saw the Apres Chic collection yesterday and I swatched Haute Altitude, Warm Companion and Hot Chocolate. Warm Companion is gorgeous but I do not like Frost lipsticks. I now want to get Haute Altitude!

Copperhead

stereo rose

cozy up lipstick

haute altitude lipstick

hot chocolate lipstick

I like everything a lot! Cozy up is a little peachy orange than a nude on me, but it's nice paired with boldly bare lip pencil. Haute Altitude is a really lovely pink and it's nothing like mehr lipstick the two look completely different on me when swatched so owning both is fine for me (I've seen people compare it to mehr claiming it's a dupe I wasn't so sure when I tried it on myself). Hot chocolate surprisingly I've really fallen in love with, the plum doesn't show through so much when applied on my lips, it's almost a nude brown on me, but swatched on my arm the plum is apparent in it - verve I'd say is the closest colour I have in my collection to it.

Stereo rose is gorgeous I'd seen plenty of swatches online and am so pleased I got to purchase it with this collection, Alpine bronze is absolutely gorgeous, I tried it with a bronze makeup look and over gingerly blush this looked so nice, it's definitely a summer staple for me and works well on it's own as a blush or highlighter.
eyelove.gif
Very nice haul. They all look great on you. I especially like Hot Chocolate on you.

ChosenOne

mac_boxday.gif
Like Vampy, I finally got my order from 12/23 today! I already tried Mountain Air PLW e/l in the store and fell in love instantly, so no need to try that on tonight. That's already something I would back up like crazy if it wasn't going to be perm. Haven't tried the MES on my eyes yet, so I'll have to post my thoughts on those another time (I got WP and SB). But I did try my Hot Chocolate lipstick! It is SO different from EVERYTHING I have. It's such a perfect plummy brown on my lips! It's kind of like staring at Love Goddess from the MM collection, where some people will think it looks more like a bright red and some will think it looks more like a bright pink. I have a feeling that with this one, people will be squinting at my lips trying to decide if it looks more brown or more plum. Liner and gloss are going to be big factors with which way the color leans! LoveloveLOVE this lippie!!!
pompom.gif

I also ordered the Pure & Tender lip balm. I've only had it on for about 15 minutes, but I really like it so far. It has just a barely-even-there-hint of tackiness to it that makes it feel like it's not slipping and sliding all over my lips (kinda felt that way with the lip gelees), and it gives just the right amount of color. It puts life back into my lips, which aren't super pigmented naturally. It doesn't feel waxy like many other brands of balms I've tried either. If I continue to love it through the rest of tonight, I might have to pick up a couple more tomorrow. I agree that the price is ridiculous, especially when considering how little a tube it is. But since I've tried so many other balms over the years and still haven't found one I'm completely satisfied with, if this ends up being my HG lip balm, it'll be worth the extra money to me.

Hope everyone else who has been waiting gets their goodies today too!

Medgal07

stereo rose

cozy up lipstick

haute altitude lipstick

hot chocolate lipstick

eyelove.gif
Just beautiful. All are absolute winners for you and I especially Love, love, love the way Hot Chocolate looks on you. Hope you enjoy all of your goodies immensely.
pretty.gif

Medgal07

i just got my stereo rose!! its soo pretty i cant wait to wear it!
pompom.gif
im getting winter pursuit tomorrow. i also feel like going veining hunting for fireside.
I got a portion of my orders today too kimibos. I love everything but I swear I don't know where to start. So much makeup, so little time. I'll sort it all out (make labels and put things in their permanent homes) and start fresh tomorrow.
ohboy.gif
girlhaha.gif

Yazmin

I recall someone upthread requesting a comparison between Hot Chocolate and Glamourdaze. I also pulled a few of my other lippies which may have appeared to be similar in tube, but when swatched, were definitely different. I don't have anything like Hot Chocolate in my collection, so I'm glad I got this one. For reference, my skin tone is NC50:

From left to right: Viva Glam III, Glamourdaze, Hot Chocolate, NYX Maison, NYX Stone, NYX Uranus

VampyCouture

Thanks Yazmin! I actually thought that Hot Chocolate looked similar to Viva Glam III as well! I have Nyx Maison, also, so I'm glad you showed that. HC is so unique!

kimibos

I got a portion of my orders today too kimibos. I love everything but I swear I don't know where to start. So much makeup, so little time. I'll sort it all out (make labels and put things in their permanent homes) and start fresh tomorrow.
ohboy.gif
girlhaha.gif
haha same here. i just changed the makeup box, the one i keep in rotation. i added everything i got from this collection., so i can start using them.

Lipstickdiva420

Happy New Year Speckra !!!!!!!!!!!

OK, first I have to give the back story but trust me this is relevant. So a few years ago my daughter and I were at a water park when we saw from a distance a young woman that appeared to be naked
icon_eek.gif
. As we got closer we saw it was just a cute brown skinned girl in a cute brown one piece swim suite. Any hoo, cute brown girl + cute brown suite = Crazy Naked Looking Mess
nonono.gif

So today I was in Macys and decided to finally try Cozy Up on my lips. My daughter and I have swatched it a couple times but I wanted to get a few must haves (Apres Chic, Hot Chocolate & Silver Birch) from this collection before giving it any serious consideration. And since I have not seen many pics online I had no idea what to expect. I have a very golden caramel coloring and when I put this on my lips I burst out laughing so loud that girls from fragrance came over to the counter. When I say this color looked CRAZY on me
Baby you better believe it.
WTF2.gif

We all started trying to FIX it to MAKE IT WORK, LOL.
- Added Cork liner, and the liner turned orange.
- Tried it with Chestnut, an improvement
-Next added Warm Companion to the center - OK, almost there.
-Last, topped with Pure & Tender balm - Finally, a wearable look

BUT - Ain't Nobody Got Time for That !!!

So the moral of my story is caramel girl + matte caramel lipstick = NO NO NO or Crazy Blank Faced Mess ( my mouth totally disappeared).

I think I might go back for Warm Companion though
sigh.gif
glad I did'nt get cozy up.

Baby1black

I recall someone upthread requesting a comparison between Hot Chocolate and Glamourdaze.  I also pulled a few of my other lippies which may have appeared to be similar in tube, but when swatched, were definitely different.  I don't have anything like Hot Chocolate in my collection, so I'm glad I got this one.  For reference, my skin tone is NC50: From left to right: Viva Glam III, Glamourdaze, Hot Chocolate, NYX Maison, NYX Stone, NYX Uranus
Oh thankyou yazmin HC looks way mauve than glamourdaze which is great because I do like glamourdaze but have to to use my Jordana lip pencil in mauve to make it more mauvish looking.i really hope it is the same as the Jordana lip pencil in mauve. I love that lip pencil,although dry as hell but the color is so natural looking ans it is only a $1.25 . I need to get another pretty soon. I do not know but I like the Jordana lip pencils not as much as nyx but much better than the dior ones. Dior ones have amazing staying power but they feel sticky.