MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Icecaramellatte

I've been watching both of these listings for a few days now....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRESALE-MAC-Strength-and-Apres-Chic-Collection-Lipsticks-/140901042577?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item20ce5b4991
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-Taste-Temptations-Mattene-Lipsticks-/140901042576?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item20ce5b4990

....this reselling of MAC LE merchandise is a serious hustle out here! Total madness.....
censored.gif
rants.gif
I love how they say they changed their mind about them. Who buys five lipsticks and changes their mind about all of them? Actually, they have Outrageously Fun and one of the black lipsticks. So really all together they have ten lipsticks they changed their mind about.

HoneyMilk

I'm confused... aren't they selling 10 lipsticks as one lot? $150 for 10 ($15 per) is retail.. so really if this person isn't pro they would be losing money after shipping and ebay fees... hmmmm

Now... if the bid goes way up they will make $$$ but hopefully no one here is willing to do that!

HoneyMilk

Oh and I ordered from this collection the day it went up and I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY ORDER! jeeeeez.
Supposedly my stuff will be here tomorrow, but I ordered on the 23! I got HA, SR, and Gentle but I have AG and WC in my cart right now too... just waiting on swatches.

I am now 31 weeks preggo and so exhausted it's not even funny. Checking these out in store is out of the question right now. But to be brutally honest, I still have stuff from Glamour Daze that I haven't even swatched yet! I just got my office and big computer set up with a new make-up area so I have no excuse now not to play with my stuff :D

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I'm confused... aren't they selling 10 lipsticks as one lot? $150 for 10 ($15 per) is retail.. so really if this person isn't pro they would be losing money after shipping and ebay fees... hmmmm

Now... if the bid goes way up they will make $$$ but hopefully no one here is willing to do that!
They're only selling 5 lipsticks and 1 MSF.

MACerette

Oh and I ordered from this collection the day it went up and I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY ORDER! jeeeeez. Supposedly my stuff will be here tomorrow, but I ordered on the 23! I got HA, SR, and Gentle but I have AG and WC in my cart right now too... just waiting on swatches. Nice to see you again HoneyMilk! Hang in there!

singer82

Think I'm the only one not thrilled with this coll. It's been a real easy pass for me. I've thought about WC, but not enough. I'm just burnt out on mes as I have so many. And I don't wear them much. The lippies aren't for me either. I love neutrals, but for some reason this isn't screaming must buy! Am I weirdo?

Mac-Guy

Think I'm the only one not thrilled with this coll. It's been a real easy pass for me. I've thought about WC, but not enough. I'm just burnt out on mes as I have so many. And I don't wear them much. The lippies aren't for me either. I love neutrals, but for some reason this isn't screaming must buy! Am I weirdo?
You are not alone. I really loved the Naturally collection last year, but this time, MAC returned to it's glittery, pore-emphasizing roots (at least that's how it comes out on pale NW skin). So I passed on most of it. Having said that, I'm sure the collection will look lovely on mid-tone NC complexions, especially as most of the items are rather warm-toned.

Medgal07

Oh and I ordered from this collection the day it went up and I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY ORDER! jeeeeez.
Supposedly my stuff will be here tomorrow, but I ordered on the 23! I got HA, SR, and Gentle but I have AG and WC in my cart right now too... just waiting on swatches.

I am now 31 weeks preggo and so exhausted it's not even funny. Checking these out in store is out of the question right now. But to be brutally honest, I still have stuff from Glamour Daze that I haven't even swatched yet! I just got my office and big computer set up with a new make-up area so I have no excuse now not to play with my stuff :D
CONGRATS ALL AROUND FOR YOU HoneyMilk
congrat.gif
Get adequate rest but when you're feeling up to it---play, play play with your new computer and your new makeup in your new makeup center/area. Awesome!
What computer did you just set up?

Medgal07

I was being sooooo good. Only pre-saled Hot Chocolate lipstick and Nice & Simple mineralize balm (both have turned out to be excellent for me) and Firm Form and Taupe Shape from STRENGTH)

A few days before it went live i added Porcelain Pink to my order, 'cuz i'm afraid i'm going to use up Blonde degradé.

When i picked it up i grabbed a Strong Woman l/s.

A few days ago i went back and bought Fireside, Frost at Midnight, Silver Birch e/s.

So much for my low-buy resolve.
mac_atemywallet.gif
Sigh.
sweet.png
haul! Enjoy every bit of it lilinah!

Medgal07

LOL at your "Beware!" comment. I'm surprised by how purple Fireside looks on you. I can see a bit of green also. I'm waiting for mine to arrive. I was looking forward to the burgundy shading that Fireside appeared to have in some pics.
Spice - Cozy Up - Peachstock - Innocence, Beware!

Fireside - Frost at Midnight - Winter Pursuit

I used the 239 brush to swatch the MES with no base. Fireside is very purple toned on me. It's cloudy, so I'm not sure if that's coming across in the pics. Winter Pursuit is also more peach and warm looking on me than it seems in the photos.

singer82

You are not alone. I really loved the Naturally collection last year, but this time, MAC returned to it's glittery, pore-emphasizing roots (at least that's how it comes out on pale NW skin). So I passed on most of it. Having said that, I'm sure the collection will look lovely on mid-tone NC complexions, especially as most of the items are rather warm-toned.
Good to know I'm not alone! :) Hmmm, see the nc nw stuff confuses me. I've always been matched nc in MAC, and I have yellow undertones. But I find cooler colors to look better on me them warmer colors. :dunno:

sss215

Spice - Cozy Up - Peachstock - Innocence, Beware! I tried Fireside on my lids and it was silvery, but I also saw purple, pink, green and red brown. It was a pretty interesting color in various lighting and it didn't look like Club or Blue Brown at all. I was actually kind of happy green wasn't as dominate as it is in Club. Fireside - Frost at Midnight - Winter Pursuit I used the 239 brush to swatch the MES with no base. Fireside is very purple toned on me. It's cloudy, so I'm not sure if that's coming across in the pics. Winter Pursuit is also more peach and warm looking on me than it seems in the photos.

Medgal07

Please explain further. Do you use a specific side or both?
I use both sides of the 234, but one side or the other isn't really the issue for me--the brush being clean and the length & density of the brush maximizing its performance is what works for me. The end result is well-blended eye shadow.
pretty.gif

HoneyMilk

You said it so much better! I loved Naturally and bought many many items from the collection last year but nothing is wowing me on this one. I am hoping I can make SR work but that might be more from being hopeful than it actually working ;) I just love skinfinishes so much! lol

I feel like we are getting a lot of MES that look cool in the pan but resemble so many previous shades that they are not really something you wouldn't mind passing on if you already own a lot of MES.

HoneyMilk

CONGRATS ALL AROUND FOR YOU HoneyMilk
congrat.gif
Get adequate rest but when you're feeling up to it---play, play play with your new computer and your new makeup in your new makeup center/area. Awesome!
What computer did you just set up?
Sorry I wrote that out wrong! I didn't get a new computer, I just set up my old one from when we moved! It's a 27" iMac (love this thing). We moved end of October but it has been packed up for 10-12 weeks total! We had carpet replaced with hardwood on the first floor (including office) so I JUST unpacked it now that the dust is gone and we bought a new desk set up. I had been browsing from my laptop or ipad or phone... and just too lazy or tired to post. My poor makeup has been sitting in storage type bins with NO rhyme or reason, so putting on makeup or whatever was a PITA!

I'm excited because we have so much more natural light at this place. I purposefully put my makeup in front of a nice big window!