MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

erinmichelle87

So this is the first time I have ever bought every single lipstick from one collection. My AC, HC, and HA are coming tomorrow, but I picked up in store WC and CU and I have to say cozy up is the most perfect orangy apricot nude on my NC20 neutral skin tone. It also has the new Mac matte formula which is to die for, glides on so smooth and best of all this one literally needs no help or doctoring with lip liner or gloss. I will post pictures of all of them on me tomorrow

liba

So this is the first time I have ever bought every single lipstick from one collection. My AC, HC, and HA are coming tomorrow, but I picked up in store WC and CU and I have to say cozy up is the most perfect orangy apricot nude on my NC20 neutral skin tone. It also has the new Mac matte formula which is to die for, glides on so smooth and best of all this one literally needs no help or doctoring with lip liner or gloss. I will post pictures of all of them on me tomorrow
I bought every lipstick too, which I'm not sure I've done before either, come to think of it - other collections I may have bought everything except perms or repromotes, but this collection was all new and all awesome!!

I agree with you about Cozy Up - seriously wearable and flattering warm nude. I think the fact it's not so light as so many others is a huge factor! Zero effort, which is impressive for a matte nude.

What do you think of Warm Companion? It's so hard to decide on a favorite from this collection.

erinmichelle87

Dang I got so caught up in cozy up I forgot to mention my thoughts on warm companion! This lippy is so cute on me! It's a shimmery gold peach that feels pretty sheer but it actually has a good amount of opacity. I could see this extenuating flakes but that's with all frosts. It reminds me of a lighter softer innocence but in a similar color family and very similar texture and opacity. It's really cute. I will be wearing it on its own and over other lippies for sure.

liba

Dang I got so caught up in cozy up I forgot to mention my thoughts on warm companion! This lippy is so cute on me! It's a shimmery gold peach that feels pretty sheer but it actually has a good amount of opacity. I could see this extenuating flakes but that's with all frosts. It reminds me of a lighter softer innocence but in a similar color family and very similar texture and opacity. It's really cute. I will be wearing it on its own and over other lippies for sure.
yep - I hated Innocence on me, but WC gave me everything I'd hoped for from it.

Try it with Frost at Midnight on the eyes - great combo.

Icecaramellatte

I stopped at Macy's today and pickedup Apres Chic and Warm Companion lipsticks. I was so surprised to see Apres Chic. It really is a nice color. I'm so glad I reconsidered and bought it.

Debbs

Alpine Bronze is soooooo beautiful on me. Its the perfect daytime natural glowy look. Gives a nice sheen without being excessive and overdone plus can layer with brights as desired. To back up or not to back up is now the decision I am contemplating

Medgal07

The lippies always get me. There are only a few collex in which I did not get all of the lipsticks. I'll be glad when they all arrive. Love your photos and will be eagerly looking for them!
pretty.gif

Medgal07

Alpine Bronze is soooooo beautiful on me. Its the perfect daytime natural glowy look. Gives a nice sheen without being excessive and overdone plus can layer with brights as desired. To back up or not to back up is now the decision I am contemplating
Hey Debbs---sounds like you found your HG Mineralize blush. I say if it's working for you, by all means back it up. I think it's cruel and unusual punishment when you find a perfect product but it's limited edition or later discontinued!
ohboy.gif

Debbs

I know. U r absolutely correct. I almost did not get it as I have Solar Ray for layering. Less is more esp in healthcare so it is perfect for me. Thursday I get paid and I am off so I will see about getting another........then I am done. Thk u my beauty enabler, lol. Cruel and unusual punishment..........such strong convincing adjectives my dear saleswoman

2browneyes

Now I feel like I have to at least go try AB.

brooklyngirl

I've been watching both of these listings for a few days now....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRESALE-MAC-Strength-and-Apres-Chic-Collection-Lipsticks-/140901042577?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item20ce5b4991
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-Taste-Temptations-Mattene-Lipsticks-/140901042576?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item20ce5b4990

....this reselling of MAC LE merchandise is a serious hustle out here! Total madness.....
censored.gif
rants.gif

2browneyes

I've been watching both of these listings for a few days now....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRESALE-MAC-Strength-and-Apres-Chic-Collection-Lipsticks-/140901042577?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item20ce5b4991
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-Taste-Temptations-Mattene-Lipsticks-/140901042576?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item20ce5b4990

....this reselling of MAC LE merchandise is a serious hustle out here! Total madness.....
censored.gif
rants.gif

It's a hot mess!!!!!!