MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Impossible...get both!
Oh no.
girlhaha.gif
It's so hard to choose, but I don't think I can afford both with everything else I want. (I want the Chanel spring highlighter too, and I need to shop for clothes.)
I really wish the 287 wasn't LE, so I could get it some time later and get another MES instead.
sigh.gif

liba

OK, if I can only get one: Ice or Silver Birch??
Silver Birch if you want something versatile that can go simple for day or very metallic and vampy for a light smokey nighttime look.

Ice for a perfect NW10 shimmery sparkly nude (though you get the same color but with extra glitter bits if you buy Light Touch PP, which is perm)

mousygiggles

Oh no.
girlhaha.gif
It's so hard to choose, but I don't think I can afford both with everything else I want. (I want the Chanel spring highlighter too, and I need to shop for clothes.)
I really wish the 287 wasn't LE, so I could get it some time later and get another MES instead.
sigh.gif
I was told the brush is perm...hummm.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Silver Birch if you want something versatile that can go simple for day or very metallic and vampy for a light smokey nighttime look.

Ice for a perfect NW10 shimmery sparkly nude (though you get the same color but with extra glitter bits if you buy Light Touch PP, which is perm)
Thanks so much, liba!
bouquet.gif
I think I go with Ice then. Maybe I can still get Silver Birch later on.

Rinstar

Happy New Year! I hope we all get magically rich so we can buy all the MAC that we could ever want
th_thstars.gif
Ah, that's one of my favorite dreams- winning the lotto and just going hog wild on every collection EVER! I would buy goodies and RAOK them to Specktrettes too!

Corally

Silver Birch.
Impossible...get both!
Oh no. :haha:  It's so hard to choose, but I don't think I can afford both with everything else I want. (I want the Chanel spring highlighter too, and I need to shop for clothes.) I really wish the 287 wasn't LE, so I could get it some time later and get another MES instead. :sigh:
Clothes are so overrated. :lol: Actually.. I also need new clothes lol. :haha: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Icecaramellatte

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
I'm hoping to go clothes shopping tomorrow. I realized last week that I hadn't bought any new clothes this fall or winter. I'm hoping to catch some sales. I just hope I can stay away from the makeup counters while I'm there.

To stay on topic: I did order Alpine Bronze and Amber Glow blushes, Cozy Up, Hot Chocolate and Rich Experience. I don't know that Amber Glow will look like much on me but I just loved the swatch on http://www.weekendramblings.com/2012/12/mac-apres-chic-swatches-makeup-spring-2013.html It looked so nice next to Alpine Bronze. I'm imagining they will look wonderful together.

lilinah

I was being sooooo good. Only pre-saled Hot Chocolate lipstick and Nice & Simple mineralize balm (both have turned out to be excellent for me) and Firm Form and Taupe Shape from STRENGTH)

A few days before it went live i added Porcelain Pink to my order, 'cuz i'm afraid i'm going to use up Blonde degradé.

When i picked it up i grabbed a Strong Woman l/s.

A few days ago i went back and bought Fireside, Frost at Midnight, Silver Birch e/s.

So much for my low-buy resolve.
mac_atemywallet.gif
Sigh.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by emzy
If I have Redhead MSF should I not get Porcelain Pink MSF? Does anyone know if they're similar? TIA

I have both Redhead and Blonde MSF and love them both on my neutral 15-20 skin! Porcelain Pink is close to Blonde in base color, which is why i caved in and got it. The biggest difference is that Blonde has cool frost, while Porcelain Pink has gold. The base of Redhead is pale peachy-salmon instead.

Prettypackages

I really love these Mineralize Lip Balms. They are so moisturizing. I love the feel of them on the lips so much that I have been wearing them around the house. Someone said earlier (sorry I can't find the post to quote it) that they would be permanent but right now the website says limited edition. I do wish there was a plain one. I wouldn't mind if it replaced the regular lip balm. I like these much better than the tendertones. Hope they do come back but in a much larger size. They are just too tiny.
YAY we got another one!!

OMG don't tell anyone, but I think LOVE HC, I wore it with dervish ll and havana on the eyes, and I like the plummy nude color. I probably should have backed this one up.

Prettypackages

Quote: Originally Posted by Medgal07

I really l hope you liked that combo. I'll feel so bad if you don't. :( I haven't recreated it yet, but I did love it in the store.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by liba
I use the 188 because the 187 is to big for my cheeks. A plain old 129 was fine for them too when I tried it.

Me too! I like the control i get with the 188, so i can get that color JUST exactly where i want it. I'm not a fluff-it all-over-my-face kinda blush guy. Most so-called blush brushes are way too big for me.

Before i got the 188 i was using a very soft fluffy angled eye shadow brush (!!), then buffing the blush and/or highlight and/or contour with my powder blush to blend it (that way, no color streaks).

I luuuuv my MAC 188.

Latest posts