MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one
Do I need Amber Glow????????????????

Well, foo! I forgot to test Amber Glow when i went slinking back to buy the e/s from this collection. Do i need it? I suspect it's too warm and dark, but I won't know until i test it ON MY FACE - i already swatched it on my inner arm...

lilinah

Or we may be on the new show, Make-Up Hoarders...
Christmas.gif
I'm in... i still have an eyeshadow i bought in 1962...

lilinah

I'm already beginning to show "skippers remorse" but luckily it's still available..
with that being said I only can afford to get one more product because I'm broke lol (+ gotta start saving for Archie's collection)

I can't decide between Hot chocolate lipstick, or Amber Glow MB...
fluffy.gif

my fellow Specktrettes, which of the two would you choose?
Are you more of a lipstick gal or a blush gal?

Me, i wear blush; but if i'm only putting on one thing, it's likely to be lipstick. Blush only goes on when i do a full face.

So, as it was inscribed on the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, "Know thyself". Which are you more likely to use?

liba

Me too! I like the control i get with the 188, so i can get that color JUST exactly where i want it. I'm not a fluff-it all-over-my-face kinda blush guy. Most so-called blush brushes are way too big for me.

Before i got the 188 i was using a very soft fluffy angled eye shadow brush (!!), then buffing the blush and/or highlight and/or contour with my powder blush to blend it (that way, no color streaks).

I luuuuv my MAC 188.
I will have to say a non-skunk brush works very well on AG and AB. A plain old 129 seems to buff in the sheen with less swirling needed. It looks good either way, just more on the satin end of things with the 129 and more of a highlighted finish with the 188.

Baby1black

I really would love a mac 165. Why didn't mac repromote it? I heard that one got it in a cco but mine does not have it.

MACGirl13

Are you more of a lipstick gal or a blush gal? Me, i wear blush, but if i'm only putting on one things, it's likely to be lipstick. Blush only goes on when i do a full face. So, as it was inscribed on the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, "Know thyself". Which are you more likely to use?
get both.....I am crazy for both lipsticks and blushes so I had to have 3 lippies and the Amber Glow.

andrie

Hi! I need my Woc NC50/55 help, would the Apres Chic mineralize blush in Alpine Bronze be a good choice or not for my skin tone?

aBeautyFairy

Silver Birch if you want something versatile that can go simple for day or very metallic and vampy for a light smokey nighttime look.

Ice for a perfect NW10 shimmery sparkly nude (though you get the same color but with extra glitter bits if you buy Light Touch PP, which is perm)
Seriously liba, your posts send me straight to the nearest Mac counter.....off I go to get Silver Birch
sigh.gif

Medgal07

I've bought almost every new MAC brush that's come out in the past 2 years, and there's only been one that I've regretted (the 234 - I have no clue what to use it for!) I'll think about it...
I use my 234 almost daily for blending, especially the crease & above. It's the clean one that I reach for to pull everything together.

Latest posts