MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

ForeverJenn

PrettyP - you DIDN'T get Alpine Bronze after all my nagging???????? :nono: I bet it will eventually turn up at a CCO. It's totally under-appreciated. It's probably my most worn blush this year - it's always so effortless. I dunno if it'll be the best summer color, but by fall at the latest, you need to bust it out. Use a pale pink lip pencil underneath if it seems too deep or brown. I bet there will be more HC-like colors down the road for next fall!!! Can't wait!  Heck, all the lipsticks in this collection were so beautiful. I wear Cozy Up, Warm Companion and Haute Altitude all the time, when I want something that's grab-n-go.
I never thought of that! When I initially tried it, I was a bit drawn back. I'm not used to colors like that.

LouGarner

Heck, all the lipsticks in this collection were so beautiful. I wear Cozy Up, Warm Companion and Haute Altitude all the time, when I want something that's grab-n-go.
I love every lippie in this collection. the only lippie I didn't get was warm companion.

1drfullycr8ed

there are a lot of people who are selling hot chocolate bnib so you should be able to find it on here. it's a must have I just got me a b/u from the clearance bin
Really! I am new to makeup and need to get a list of all the lipsticks I want from past collections. How do you go about finding sellers on here?

LouGarner

Really! I am new to makeup and need to get a list of all the lipsticks I want from past collections. How do you go about finding sellers on here?
you just go into the for sale/swap area and you will see a lot of people selling lipstick from previous collections. I did a swap with a girl and never got the item I swaped for so I won't be doing that ish again. But most of the seller are great and have a lot of great items that you missed. you just have to look through threads to find what you are looking for. I found Hot chocolate and strong woman lippies both of which I missed when they came out.

1drfullycr8ed

you just go into the for sale/swap area and you will see a lot of people selling lipstick from previous collections. I did a swap with a girl and never got the item I swaped for so I won't be doing that ish again. But most of the seller are great and have a lot of great items that you missed. you just have to look through threads to find what you are looking for. I found Hot chocolate and strong woman lippies both of which I missed when they came out.
Is this the same as the clearance bin? I think I have to wait until I have 50 posts.
Oh my goodness! You did a swap and didn't get your product. That sucks!
I am glad that you were able to get your lippies. Have you ever bought lippies from ebay?

LouGarner

Is this the same as the clearance bin? I think I have to wait until I have 50 posts.
Oh my goodness! You did a swap and didn't get your product. That sucks!
I am glad that you were able to get your lippies. Have you ever bought lippies from ebay?
yes, they are the same thing. I have brought a couple of lippies from ebay before I knew about this forum however you can find better deals on here and people aren't trying to take advantage of you like they are on ebay

1drfullycr8ed

yes, they are the same thing. I have brought a couple of lippies from ebay before I knew about this forum however you can find better deals on here and people aren't trying to take advantage of you like they are on ebay
Oh, okay! Thank you so much for the info!!!

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by LouGarner

Quote: Originally Posted by ForeverJenn
call me crazy but I'm yet to wear it lol

you are crazy. HC is so awesome I had to find a bu

Quote: Originally Posted by liba
I dunno if it'll be the best summer color, but by fall at the latest, you need to bust it out. Use a pale pink lip pencil underneath if it seems too deep or brown.

I still wear Hot Chocolate. Lately i've been applying it around my lips then putting a light pink-y nude in the center and blending the edges. This makes it looks brighter and fresher without diluting the color.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by liba
I bet there will be more HC-like colors down the road for next fall!!! Can't wait!

I hope it will get re-promoted. I love that it's pinky brown. Looks better on me than orangey browns.

LouGarner

I still wear Hot Chocolate. Lately i've been applying it around my lips then putting a light pink-y nude in the center and blending the edges. This makes it looks brighter and fresher without diluting the color.
I think I am going to try this look.

Beautybuyer

I
haute altitude is my second favorite color in this collection.
I actually still don't love haute altitude. My sister wants it but I have the good ol mind syndrome lol I do like cozy up in the winter time! I skipped hot chocolate I thought it would be real pretty on fair skin but not mine and I skipped warm companion

LouGarner

I actually still don't love haute altitude. My sister wants it but I have the good ol mind syndrome lol I do like cozy up in the winter time! I skipped hot chocolate I thought it would be real pretty on fair skin but not mine and I skipped warm compan
I still haven't used cozy up

liba

lol, I guess you are right.
Both of you are crazy for not giving Cozy Up all the love it deserves
th_crazy.gif
- seriously one of the best nudes ever.

Warm Companion was really neglected by people too, which is sad, because that one is also incredible - it's got a lovely moist shimmer just like the new Dazzle lipsticks from TR, but without the added sparkly glitter bits. Plus it's a very unique warm pale peachy color - MAC hasn't done anything else remotely like it this whole year, not even in AAO.

The only lippie i don't wear a lot from this collection is Apres Chic, but now that it's close to summer, I think I'll be wearing it much more often, since I'm starting to get a little warmer color in my face and it's got that nice, semi-opaque finish that's nice for when it's hot out but you still want red.

Prettypackages

OMG NOOOOOOOOOO! SO SAD
weeping.gif

Have MBs broken you out before? I've never had a problem with them, but I usually wear them over bare skin, not foundation, and I rarely buff them, especially the gently colored ones like Alpine Bronze. The only thing I'm pretty sure I'm sensitive to is the new liquid Mineralize foundation, which is a damn shame, because it's really gorgeous - my skin has been more sensitive than normal lately, though, with all these health things going on...

Both of you are crazy for not giving Cozy Up all the love it deserves
th_crazy.gif
- seriously one of the best nudes ever.

Warm Companion was really neglected by people too, which is sad, because that one is also incredible - it's got a lovely moist shimmer just like the new Dazzle lipsticks from TR, but without the added sparkly glitter bits. Plus it's a very unique warm pale peachy color - MAC hasn't done anything else remotely like it this whole year, not even in AAO.

The only lippie i don't wear a lot from this collection is Apres Chic, but now that it's close to summer, I think I'll be wearing it much more often, since I'm starting to get a little warmer color in my face and it's got that nice, semi-opaque finish that's nice for when it's hot out but you still want red.
Not the blushes but Skin Finshes have.
I'm on a regimen from the derm now so I'm not as afraid of products. But the slightest thing can break me out. Technically my TM does, but even hair products break me out. The perfect product for my hair can wreck havoc on my face. Even if I get my hair straightened, and try to wear it longer than 4 days... I will break out. PITA!