MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

tiffmegz

So after successfully sitting out on Marilyn and Glamourdaze, I'm back on Specktra, and excited for this collection. I decided to try to sit out the MBs and MSFs, but let's see how successful I am with that lol. I haven't touched Light Year or Saturn and I used Supernova all of 5 times (all from HC collection).

The only thing I want for sure from this collection is a tinted lip balm. Those sound glorious!! However, if they are anything like the Suntints from Hey Sailor, I will gladly not get them. I hated those
nonono.gif
They were sheer, not very moisturizing and left a horrible taste in my mouth. Did anyone else feel this way, or did I get a bad batch. I have all three shades with B/Us because I was sure that I would love and use these up , but I have only ever used one. And it sucked.

kimibos

So after successfully sitting out on Marilyn and Glamourdaze, I'm back on Specktra, and excited for this collection. I decided to try to sit out the MBs and MSFs, but let's see how successful I am with that lol. I haven't touched Light Year or Saturn and I used Supernova all of 5 times (all from HC collection).

The only thing I want for sure from this collection is a tinted lip balm. Those sound glorious!! However, if they are anything like the Suntints from Hey Sailor, I will gladly not get them. I hated those
nonono.gif
They were sheer, not very moisturizing and left a horrible taste in my mouth. Did anyone else feel this way, or did I get a bad batch. I have all three shades with B/Us because I was sure that I would love and use these up , but I have only ever used one. And it sucked.
nope. i got the au rose one and i dont like it. i dries my lips in an awful way. crack pieces would fall off, awful. so i hate it. the color is pretty, i love it actually but not worth the money and putting on lips. i tried to returned but i was too late.

tiffmegz

Aww so I guess it wasn't just me then! What do you mean it was too late to return it?! There's such a thing?
icon_eek.gif

tiffmegz

^^^^^^^

nonono.gif
nope. i got the au rose one and i dont like it. i dries my lips in an awful way. crack pieces would fall off, awful. so i hate it. the color is pretty, i love it actually but not worth the money and putting on lips. i tried to returned but i was too late.

kimibos

Aww so I guess it wasn't just me then! What do you mean it was too late to return it?! There's such a thing?
icon_eek.gif
well you have 30 days to return stuff. and i waited for too long. i was sick around the summer release so i couldnt go to the mac store.

tiffmegz

icon_eek.gif

well you have 30 days to return stuff. and i waited for too long. i was sick around the summer release so i couldnt go to the mac store.
Oh, well I usually buy from Macy's or Bloomingdale's. They don't seem to really mind. Forgot abt the MAC store's policies.

Naughtyp

ok ok I changed my mind. without actualy seeing swatches on the face i think want Haute Altitude lipstick, pure & tender and stay warm lip balm (possibly the other two as well!) and amber blow blush

Naughtyp

and yes the ones from by sailor suck I didn't listen to temptalias review that they weren't good or moisturizing and got Au Rose and wore it once... got it from the Mac store n I couldn't return it either

tiffmegz

and yes the ones from by sailor suck I didn't listen to temptalias review that they weren't good or moisturizing and got Au Rose and wore it once... got it from the Mac store n I couldn't return it either
I'm definitely checking her reviews for these lip balms lol :)

lsdptl

Probably getting the msf's and mb's. Hot chocolate and Warm companion sound interesting too.

MACina

Yes...I want this one for sure too!

The description sounds great
heart.gif

ok ok I changed my mind. without actualy seeing swatches on the face i think want Haute Altitude lipstick, pure & tender and stay warm lip balm (possibly the other two as well!) and amber blow blush

Thia Winter

I'm usually all over the neutral/nude collections that come out (Naturally was a big haul for me) especially the lipsticks but this one....I'm considering, but I don't think there will be a lot I get.

Pure & Tender – Plumy creamy nude
Slightly Nude – Nudey coral with subtle pink pearlized pigments
Stay Warm! – Creamy light pink

Frost at Midnight – Deep blue-grey base with purple veining
Winter Pursuit – Copper base with grey veining

Black Ice – Rich black *
Mountain Air – Vibrant teal *
Night Trail – Deep navy blue *
Snow Shadow – Purple violet

Porcelain Pink – Soft pinky coral with gold veining °
Stereo Rose – Coral with golden-bronze shimmering nuances °

OK that's a little bigger than I thought. LOL.....