MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

kimibos

No NO NO, on the caramel lipstick, but it sounds so pretty. am I the ONLY WOC that brown lippies look horrible on? LOL
That warm amber would look so pretty on me (vain much?), but Mineralize products and my skin do not get along, I keep trying, but it just isn't worth it.
its the only one i want actually. dark caramel and then matte
love.gif

Prettypackages

so I looked up images of the color dark caramel matte... probably is a huge no for me, but the images I've seen are pretty....

liba

so I looked up images of the color dark caramel matte... probably is a huge no for me, but the images I've seen are pretty....
It's the same old issue you get with nudes - it has to be just the right shade or it can look horrible - but when it works, it's pure love!

kaylabella

I think I am going to limit myself to Stay Warm!, Après Chic, Stereo Rose and Porcelain Pink. Yes. I think that will do! lol

singer82

The there are SO similar. I had Porcelain Pink and By Candlelight at the same time a few years ago and they both have the depth of tone. By Candelight is just slightly warmer then PP on the skin.
Which one would you recommend for a pale, yellow undertoned gal?

PrettyKitty

My wish list:
Lipstick
Haute Altitude – Mid-tone blue pink (Amplified Creme)
Hot Chocolate – Mid-tone plum (Satin)

Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm
Stay Warm! – Creamy light pink

Mineralize Eye Shadow
Winter Pursuit – Copper base with grey veining

Mineralize Blush
Amber Glow – Warm peach
Gentle – Raspberry with gold pearlized pigments

Audrey C

Stereo Rose and the 287 (I adore all of my mineralize brushes) are all that's on my list. SR is a nice to have only. I'm not concerned about being able to get the brush.

rubytitania

I'm interested in all the eyeshadows - I'll just have to wait for swatches to make up my mind! It's so hard to know how MES will turn out just from descriptions and product photos. I also like the sound of Hot Chocolate lipstick, although I'm sure I must have something that fits the "mid-tone plum" description already.
I think I'll skip the blushes, although I've been thinking about getting Gentle for ages so maybe I'll pick that up. I already have both MSFs and I'm not interested in anything else, so I think I can limit myself to a maximum of 4 products from this collection

martiangurll

Isn't it funny that the description of the MES all say "with veining."

Let the hunting begin. "Mirror, mirror, on the wall, which MES has the best veining of them all."
cutey.gif
Love in vein?

I think I am on a brown kick and so grateful we have color story. Winter Pursuit and Alpine Bronze sound up my alley. Of course when this comes out, I will be too pale to enjoy the latter for a few months, except maybe as a contour.

Genn

Hot chocolate and Fireside sound perfect together. I have been wanting Gentle for awhile and Amber glow sounds pretty. Warm companion, Ice and Rosy Romance are on my list. Then i have to decide if porcelain pink or stereo rose interests me. I thought my haul would be small from this collection and realize its not as small as i thought.

I could go with a purple theme : Hot chocolate, Fireside, Gentle, Rosy Romance or a gold theme:Warm companion, Ice, Amber glow and a MSF

hmmmm now I have to think

Mac-Guy

By Candlelight is about the same in terms of peachy pinkness, maybe more tan-peach but WAY more golden sheen. Of course, depends on your veining but just my opinion. I really like PP, but sometimes its a bit too warm for my desires, of course then I switch to Perfect Topping MSF (wish they would repromo that!) or Play It Proper BP. PP is unique though and it has its uses. I won't back it up, but I keep it and love it.

I wish I could love Stereo Rose, but just not pretty on me. Northern Lights and Light Flush take my votes as favorite old school metallic MSF highlighter/blushies. I think I like the more subtle new MSF formula much better. I am NC20 for reference and more like NC16 or maybe NW16 in the winter...wind and cold bring out my pink
Love in vein?

I think I am on a brown kick and so grateful we have color story. Winter Pursuit and Alpine Bronze sound up my alley. Of course when this comes out, I will be too pale to enjoy the latter for a few months, except maybe as a contour.
Me too.

Michelemu21

By Candlelight is about the same in terms of peachy pinkness, maybe more tan-peach but WAY more golden sheen. Of course, depends on your veining but just my opinion. I really like PP, but sometimes its a bit too warm for my desires, of course then I switch to Perfect Topping MSF (wish they would repromo that!) or Play It Proper BP. PP is unique though and it has its uses. I won't back it up, but I keep it and love it.

I wish I could love Stereo Rose, but just not pretty on me. Northern Lights and Light Flush take my votes as favorite old school metallic MSF highlighter/blushies. I think I like the more subtle new MSF formula much better. I am NC20 for reference and more like NC16 or maybe NW16 in the winter...wind and cold bring out my pink
Love in vein?

I have both Stereo Rose and PP and do not plan on backing up. I am not crazy about the texture of PP compared to say Light Flush (which I do have a backup of). Stereo Rose I don't reach for enough. I am nw20 btw. I also backup up By Candlelight. That is so beautiful with the gold sheen on it.

Beauty911

Can someone who is close to a CCO please pick up a Porcelain Pink for me? I have PayPal and would be very grateful. Please PM if you are able to do this. Thanks in advance!

OhSoJaded

Can someone who is close to a CCO please pick up a Porcelain Pink for me? I have PayPal and would be very grateful. Please PM if you are able to do this. Thanks in advance!
I am going this weekend. If they still have it in stock, I will definitely pick one up for you! *adding Beauty911 to CCO search list*

Teggy

I'm a big fan of MAC's mineralize blushes. Some folks complain they're too sheer, but I'm an N15/20 kinda gal and opaque blushes look clownish on me, so the sheerness works in my favor. If these blushes have some sheen to them, I think they'll be gorgeous. Maybe I'll be adventurous and try a blush that's not pink.