MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

tats

I'm excited about this collection. I like mineralized stuff. I will probably get both MSFs, some blushes (I really want a red one), maybe MES depending on the uniqueness of the colours and I want those brick red and plum lipsticks!!! So many collections are coming out end of December, mad..

Mac-Guy

Hold on. Is this the Strength collection?
Nope, it's the mineralize collection. Strength is yet another one that is coming out.
mac_atemywallet.gif

MRV

French is my language, I live in Montreal Canada where we speak french.. So it's how we pronounce it here and it's not an english interpretation at all because I'm really not good in english.
Oui, je l'ai compris. Mais je suis linguiste (diplôme universitaire en linguistique de France), et je peux dire que les anglophones vont lire ah-prey incorrectement - a'prei - il n'y a pas de i à la fin, (ni de l'aspiration avec p).

Audrey C

Oui, je l'ai compris. Mais je suis linguiste (diplôme universitaire en linguistique de France), et je peux dire que les anglophones vont lire ah-prey incorrectement - a'prei - il n'y a pas de i à la fin, (ni de l'aspiration avec p).
Not to mention what most of us will do to the 'R' sound. LOL

I attended a pilot school program in Montreal in the 70s; they took a bunch of unilingual English kids and put them into 100% French education from kindergarten until Grade 4 and only introduced 50% English after that point. We were still young enough to acquire sounds like the more gutteral French R; my friends who followed the English stream with French courses on the side overwhelmingly did not.

Then there are the differences in how French is pronounced in France, Quebec, Morocco, Haiti...just as English is in Canada, the US, Australia, the UK, etc. Thankfully we can understand each other most of the time. :)

kimibos

OK, YES. This IS the mineralize collection - so Mac Guy - you can combine both of these threads!

It's going to have 5 standard lipsticks (including a brick red and a soft plum), 5 Mineralize Lip Balms (all in soft colors, including one in gold), 5 MES (including grey with copper veins, plum, deep blue), 5 Pro Longwear eye pencils which are going to be perm (green, blue, teal, black and purple), 3 MBs, including a repromote of Gentle, plus a "warm caramel" and another soft brown, reminiscent of the brownish one from Semi-Precious, and Stereo Rose and Porcelain Pink MSFs.

It's coming out Dec 26th!!!!

I just couldn't bring myself to copy all the details right out of the book right under my MA's nose - that wouldn't have been fair to him, so no full color story from me. I'm sure it will turn up soon, though!

The promo picture is a gal with the brick red lips, wearing a very thick knit red hood/scarf cowl on a dramatically lit grey background. The colors are nice and soft, but it's not exactly a "nude" collection.

Enjoy!
good thing there are only 5 mineralize balms, cause i want them all!! i hope the lippies are boring, like blue based or classic reds so i can skip. i want stereo rose and maybe 1-2 MES.

glammy girl

Mineralize lip balms I'm sure will be really cool to try out :) Also I'm dying to get my hands on Stereo Rose :eyelove:

OctoberViolet

Thank you again Liba! I'm interested in the lip balms. I also need to see the lippies, blushes and shadows. I am sure I will end up buying more than I want, especially since this and Strength come out together on the 26th (of December).
th_drool.gif
mac_addict.gif

liba

Just for me, after staring at the color story as long as I did, I think I'll be trying 2 or 3 of the lip balms, maybe that "warm caramel" MB, if it's not too dark, or maybe the other brownish one, perhaps a lipstick or 2, and maybe none of the MES, for a change, since I've got such a stockpile of them right now, none of the ones in this collection sounded more unique, at least from the descriptions.

If the PLW eye pencil is waterline safe and the colors are right, I'll probably try one or two of them too.

So basically, I'm not getting out of this collection unscathed, but my wallet won't be dancing a little jig, either.

lyseD

OK, YES. This IS the mineralize collection - so Mac Guy - you can combine both of these threads!

It's going to have 5 standard lipsticks (including a brick red and a soft plum), 5 Mineralize Lip Balms (all in soft colors, including one in gold), 5 MES (including grey with copper veins, plum, deep blue), 5 Pro Longwear eye pencils which are going to be perm (green, blue, teal, black and purple), 3 MBs, including a repromote of Gentle, plus a "warm caramel" and another soft brown, reminiscent of the brownish one from Semi-Precious, and Stereo Rose and Porcelain Pink MSFs.

I just couldn't bring myself to copy all the details right out of the book right under my MA's nose - that wouldn't have been fair to him, so no full color story from me. I'm sure it will turn up soon, though!

The promo picture is a gal with the brick red lips, wearing a very thick knit red hood/scarf cowl on a dramatically lit grey background. The colors are nice and soft, but it's not exactly a "nude" collection.

Enjoy!
Is this a new formula? I don't see any on the Canadian website.

Thank you.

Prettypackages

so glad I can skip most of these... but I k now that warm caramel blush would be pretty on me.
lipstick, lipbalms, and stereo rose only for me, and I don't think I'll be upset if I don't get Stereo Rose.

Mac-guy and everyone, thanks for keeping us updated... MAC Sucks though... I say this every year... SLOW DOWN!!! LOL

baghdad81

This will be the death of me....HAPPY FREAKIN' 25th Birthday to me (Dec 21st birthday here). I will get all Mineralize lip balms (do we think they are the same as the mineralize lipsticks we've been seeing??) and definitely the brick red lipstick and couple others!

liba

This will be the death of me....HAPPY FREAKIN' 25th Birthday to me (Dec 21st birthday here). I will get all Mineralize lip balms (do we think they are the same as the mineralize lipsticks we've been seeing??) and definitely the brick red lipstick and couple others!
no the balms are different. they come in a squeeze tube and have glitter in them equivalent to the Marilyn dazzleglasses. they're supposed to be a more moisturizing version of the lip gelees.

Milegolas

Enjoy!
Brick red lipstick, loved it. Soft plum, loved it.

MES grey with copper veins sounds very interesting, and I love MES. And the warm caramel mb may be different from what I already have, so it's on my wishlist. I'm sooo excited with this collection
yahoo.gif

quiteviolet

Enjoy!
I like the way everything sounds, but why gentleeeee!!! It's permanent! I wish it could have been another.

xbarbiieex1

D'accord je comprend ce que tu veux dire ! Je ne voulais pas t'argumenter, j'ai compris que tu étais linguiste, c'est juste que comme je parle francais et que je sais comment dire ''après'' je ne pensais pas que les anglais lirais d'une facon différente ce que j'avais écrit car dans ma tête ca sonnait de la bonne facon :)

Latest posts