MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

cucumbers

Hm, I have two of Stereo Rose, and nothing else is really catching my eye! Maybe one of the lipsticks, but we'll have to see.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Likewise, I have Stereo Rose and I have problems with some of the MES, so it's always risky for me to use them. (That said, I wore Cloudy Afternoon the other day, which is still my favourite MES ever, and I've never had problems with that one, so there is some hope.) I am kind of interested in both the brick and soft plum ("plum" can mean so many things...) lipsticks, though.

Thia Winter

I'd like some nice bronze and taupe p/p.
eyelove.gif
I'd definitely be in the market for taupe!

Thia Winter

I'm off work on the 26th as I took vacation from the weekend before Christmas all the way through New Years...my first day back is Jan. 2nd. I'll be in line I'm sure. I'll be watching this!

Hoping one of those lipsticks is a good nude.

romi79_2008

MRV, xbarbiieex1 you might be both right!. After I travelled between continents I can tell you for sure there are certain differences between English, Spanish or French spoken in Europe and the ones spoken in America. Plus there`s the literal language learned in schools and the one spoken by people in different regions. While I agree with MRV about the literal version of the word, I know better the difference as I am from a region that has very strong traditions how those influence the way we speak

I think I`m only buying stereo rose from this

MACina

That is why I will get it for sure!

I am always on the hunt for new colors,textures etc.....LOL
MES grey with copper veins sounds very interesting, and I love MES. And the warm caramel mb may be different from what I already have, so it's on my wishlist. I'm sooo excited with this collection
yahoo.gif

Mac-Guy

Just for me, after staring at the color story as long as I did, I think I'll be trying 2 or 3 of the lip balms, maybe that "warm caramel" MB, if it's not too dark, or maybe the other brownish one, perhaps a lipstick or 2, and maybe none of the MES, for a change, since I've got such a stockpile of them right now, none of the ones in this collection sounded more unique, at least from the descriptions.

If the PLW eye pencil is waterline safe and the colors are right, I'll probably try one or two of them too.

So basically, I'm not getting out of this collection unscathed, but my wallet won't be dancing a little jig, either.
Brown blush seems to be the new trend.
eyelove.gif

MRV

MRV, xbarbiieex1 you might be both right!. After I travelled between continents I can tell you for sure there are certain differences between English, Spanish or French spoken in Europe and the ones spoken in America. Plus there`s the literal language learned in schools and the one spoken by people in different regions. While I agree with MRV about the literal version of the word, I know better the difference as I am from a region that has very strong traditions how those influence the way we speak
It was not really question about different variants of one language, but the fact that one should not use "normal letters" to describe how to pronounce words. It just leaves too much room for mistakes because everyone is reading it from their own language's perspective.

PeachTwist

So if this is released the 26th in the US/Canada, when should the UK expect it? 4th of January?

Either way, Porcelain Pink and Stereo Rose will be my birthday present to myself (Dec 29th) along with possibly a lipstick and maybe that Taupe Shape or Poised Blush from the Strength collection.

PeachTwist

So I was just kind of googling and I found this image on Pinterest....

235242780507126965_dQWvGwBZ_c.jpg

The description underneath says:

At Jason Wu -- The lip is MAC Redd lip liner with MAC Mineralized Lipstick in Lady At Play (available next spring). MAC Vino lip pencil on top of the whole look. Hair: Odile Gilbert Makeup: Diane Kendal. Nina Westervelt/MCV Photo

Don't know if that helps anyone at all!

Another photo of the same girl says that Taupe Shape Blush from the Strength collection is used on her too!

MACina

Thank you for sharing PeachTwist!

Lady At Play looks very pretty
heart.gif

At Jason Wu -- The lip is MAC Redd lip liner with MAC Mineralized Lipstick in Lady At Play (available next spring). MAC Vino lip pencil on top of the whole look. Hair: Odile Gilbert Makeup: Diane Kendal. Nina Westervelt/MCV Photo

Another photo of the same girl says that Taupe Shape Blush from the Strength collection is used on her too!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
So if this is released the 26th in the US/Canada, when should the UK expect it? 4th of January?

Either way, Porcelain Pink and Stereo Rose will be my birthday present to myself (Dec 29th) along with possibly a lipstick and maybe that Taupe Shape or Poised Blush from the Strength collection.
Hey, one day after mine! Happy Birthday to us!
greengrin.gif

Genn

That is a pretty color. I want ot see more colors.

Audrey C

Speaking as someone who has no shortage of natural brow, all I can say about that pic is someone needs to get those caterpillars off that poor girls face. The one on our left looks like it's about to attack.

Latest posts