MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

martiangurll

I think it is the copper grey based one, Winter Pursuit
Well, whatever it is, it;s on the list!
mac_wishlist.gif

ALivingDoll

I couldn't swatch the 4 i placed on hold yesterday but they look good. After reading Liba's description of these they do seem really promising. The one that especially stood out to me just by looks alone was Frost At Midnight. I hope we get to see some swatches of these before the release date.

Not to go off topic here but has anyone been to the stores the day after Christmas? Are they as packed as Black Friday? Macy's, where i'm picking them up at, opens up at 7am on the 26th. 12 days and counting!

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by missmollydolly
I am so excited for this collection! I haven't ever commented before so hi everyone! Anyway I really hope I can pick up the blushes, msfs, and the black eyeliner. I kinda want the navy one too but I only wear natural/neutral eye looks so I'm not sure if that would look weird?

Navy really is pretty neutral. Should be fine for your look.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by hwdsprincess
I went to my counter and saw the eyeshadows which didn't look so nice in my opinion they looked EEH to me I only liked ice, the blushes are so pretty couldn't decide which one I liked best and the msf's are beautiful didn't see lipsticks though, she said I'll let u preorder two things I looked at her like I kid who seen the biggest candy store!!!!! I'm like omg I could kiss you lol so I ordered both msf's I felt so lucky as she said they wouldn't presale because of after Xmas shopping, then leaving so happy and lucky I went to vs to buy a gift, I remembered about my secret reward card I asked the guy to check he's like omg you have $50!!! I was once again so excited lol I never win anything haha I left that store thinking geez I should go buy a lottery ticket but I didn't lol I'm not that lucky

Did you TEST the eye shadows? Because to me, they didn't look impressive in the pot, kinda enh. But once i swatched them i wanted them all - and i did not pre-order a single one - trying to keep my purchases under control.

On the other hand the mineralize balms all looked wonderful in their tubes and less impressive when i swatched them, so i only got the golden one. Need moisturizing on the lips in winter...

And, what can i say, of course, the MSFs looked beautiful, they ARE beautiful - and i'm not getting either one. I just think they're too close to some i already have... although Porcelain Pink keeps calling to me. I should have gotten BUs of Redhead and Blond - i'm really afraid i'll use them up.

hwdsprincess

Did you TEST the eye shadows? Because to me, they didn't look impressive in the pot, kinda enh. But once i swatched them i wanted them all - and i did not pre-order a single one - trying to keep my purchases under control. On the other hand the mineralize balms all looked wonderful in their tubes and less impressive when i swatched them, so i only got the golden one. Need moisturizing on the lips in winter... And, what can i say, of course, the MSFs looked beautiful, they ARE beautiful - and i'm not getting either one. I just think they're too close to some i already have... although Porcelain Pink keeps calling to me. I should have gotten BUs of Redhead and Blond - i'm really afraid i'll use them up.
No I didn't swatch any, mineralized eye shadows never are too impressive to me idk if the mixing that doesn't look pretty to me or idk but I just wasn't interested in any; the blushes I couldn't stop staring at, I was kind of embarrassed to ask to swatch anything as she was just showing me, I went to the Mac counter at my local Macy's, reminding me of my redhead I seem to misplaced that one : /

liba

No I didn't swatch any, mineralized eye shadows never are too impressive to me idk if the mixing that doesn't look pretty to me or idk but I just wasn't interested in any; the blushes I couldn't stop staring at, I was kind of embarrassed to ask to swatch anything as she was just showing me, I went to the Mac counter at my local Macy's, reminding me of my redhead I seem to misplaced that one : /
These new ones are really great - better than ever - but if you can resist them, good for you, because woah, this collection is going to be soooo expensive for me
SOS.gif

Yazmin

I went to my counter and saw the eyeshadows which didn't look so nice in my opinion they looked EEH to me I only liked ice, the blushes are so pretty couldn't decide which one I liked best and the msf's are beautiful didn't see lipsticks though, she said I'll let u preorder two things I looked at her like I kid who seen the biggest candy store!!!!! I'm like omg I could kiss you lol so I ordered both msf's I felt so lucky as she said they wouldn't presale because of after Xmas shopping, then leaving so happy and lucky I went to vs to buy a gift, I remembered about my secret reward card I asked the guy to check he's like omg you have $50!!! I was once again so excited lol I never win anything haha I left that store thinking geez I should go buy a lottery ticket but I didn't lol I'm not that lucky
Did you TEST the eye shadows? Because to me, they didn't look impressive in the pot, kinda enh. But once i swatched them i wanted them all - and i did not pre-order a single one - trying to keep my purchases under control.

On the other hand the mineralize balms all looked wonderful in their tubes and less impressive when i swatched them, so i only got the golden one. Need moisturizing on the lips in winter...

And, what can i say, of course, the MSFs looked beautiful, they ARE beautiful - and i'm not getting either one. I just think they're too close to some i already have... although Porcelain Pink keeps calling to me. I should have gotten BUs of Redhead and Blond - i'm really afraid i'll use them up.
My CCO has Redhead. Let me know if you want a CP.

Baby1black

I would like to ask all specktras to take a moment of silence and pray for those children killed at the elementary school in CT. Don't forget to say I love u to those u care about. You never know when it will be the last time u see them. Kiss ur children and pray that god will give them the health and long life.

hwdsprincess

I would like to ask all specktras to take a moment of silence and pray for those children killed at the elementary school in CT. Don't forget to say I love u to those u care about. You never know when it will be the last time u see them. Kiss ur children and pray that god will give them the health and long life.
Such a sad tragedy, as a parent it doesn't cross ur mind when sending ur kids to school that it could be the last. I'm glad my kids know mommy loves them every night before bed we say good night to each other and I love you, along in the morning when I take them to school I love u have a good day and kiss good bye... This def made me cry just such a horrible heart breaking story, I can't imagine being one of those parents waiting to see if their child is ok, children are such a blessing, no worries in the world no idea how crazy people are... My heart goes out to everyone affected by it

EOTD-Fanny

I heard that if I want to see a lipsticks color to swatch with my fingertips will show a more accurate way how it will look on our lips, not sure but I thought it was interesting to go by
That´s what the MUA´s at Make Up Store taught me.
The colour of the fingertips are much more
similar to the lips than the colour of teh hands or arms.
So I guess it´s true.

EOTD-Fanny

This def made me cry just such a horrible heart breaking story, I can't imagine being one of those parents waiting to see if their child is ok, children are such a blessing, no worries in the world no idea how crazy people are... My heart goes out to everyone affected by it
It´s all so awful and very, very sad!
I can´t even imagine how the poor
parents (and other close ones) must feel.

And so close to Christmas!

Mac-Guy

I couldn't swatch the 4 i placed on hold yesterday but they look good. After reading Liba's description of these they do seem really promising. The one that especially stood out to me just by looks alone was Frost At Midnight. I hope we get to see some swatches of these before the release date.

Not to go off topic here but has anyone been to the stores the day after Christmas? Are they as packed as Black Friday? Macy's, where i'm picking them up at, opens up at 7am on the 26th. 12 days and counting!
In my experience, they are usually packed as people return Christmas gifts and/or purchase stuff because they received gifts cards and cash. I'd go as early as possible to avoid the crowds.

Tanjola

It´s all so awful and very, very sad! I can´t even imagine how the poor parents (and other close ones) must feel. And so close to Christmas!
My prayers are with the families. We also lost a police officer in my city yesterday. She was a mother of four girls ages ranging from 2 to 14. As she was serving an arrest warant on a drug suspect he emptied a high powered rifle on her and another officer. The other officer survived. It hits so close to home as my husband is a police officer as well. These senseless tragedies have to stop.

Turpentine

Pure & Tender lip balm:
http://emla82.blogspot.se/2012/12/mac-apres-chic-collection-mineralize.html

According to her the packaging comes in a clear tube with gold shimmer but the balm itself is clear.