MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Debbs

Getting so impatient here. My local Nordies have not yet received this collection. I am tired of calling like a stalker!!! I have confirmed that three of the Macy's in my area have the collection (still in boxes in their backroom ) with no testers available for swatching. Between my work schedule this week and getting ready for Orlando ( CCOs!!!) on Friday, it's gonna pretty tight. I dropped off my list at a Macy's counter after I wasted time to go see the collection in-person as promised and did not get that opportunity (too busy making current sales and grabbing my list for future sale opportunity). I read my MUA at Nordies my list with certain specifications ( MES veining) via phone but I do like to see, play and choose!!! I am so gonna miss her when she leaves Nordies next mth. Unfortunately with her relocating I see my future purchases, enthusiasm and loyalty diminishing significantly next year.

VampyCouture

How rude. I went to my Macys counter, and they didn't have testers ready to go but the SA told me that she would have them out by tomorrow. Hopefully I have time to go tomorrow so I can pre-order. She said that the collection is really beautiful, and that it will sell out quickly. She also said that she expects Stereo Rose to sell out before the launch in stores, so if you can, get your pre-order in NOW!
The rudeness was unnecessary, because I was just asking. I would have been fine if they just replied with a no respectfully, but she looked at me like I was asking her to cut off her head or something. It wasn't a big deal, so I just walked out. I was with a friend and she even acknowledged that it was uncalled for.

Naughtyp

ya I would be pissed if somone did that to me, that's why I said that. not because she said no, but because she walked away when u had another question and wanted to purchase something! I would have got another employee to help and leave a comment with them.

ALivingDoll

I don't know if close-ups have already been posted ?

http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/12/...collection-official-info-close-up-photos.html

SOURCE : Chic Profile
Thanks for posting the close ups! The eyeshadow the model is wearing is gorgeous! Could that one be Fireside?
hmm.gif

KMQE716

i only deal with the MAC at Nordstroms in my area...the other one is at Belk's and boy idk what it is but they are so dang on rude and not knowledgeable AT ALL on the things that they have. They try to just sell and tell you whatever and i hate that.

PeachTwist

I really want to see a swatch of Hot Chocolate lipstick.

Are PP and SR MSF's worth it? I'm kinda ish wanting them because of the fact they're so coveted but I don't use MSF's too much.

I dunno, maybe I would if I had them? Are they worth it?

I have Lightscapade and Soft & Gentle and I have Superb & Whisper Of Guilt EDSF's. Do I really need them?

EDIT: Actually. In saying that, I think I'm mostly just tempted to get Stereo Rose. Porcelain Pink doesn't look like it has much colour pay off.

Merula

I'm debating Stereo Rose or Porcelain Pink since I have the Mineralized Sheersheen powder in Lucent, which looks mighty similar. I want to see a swatch of Haute Altitude to see if I can pull it off or not.

CharlieKelly

OK so I went to my regular macys and they said that they could not take pre-orders for it so I called the one downtown and they said, but of course. Just come down and we will pre order for you!! Helllszzz yeah!!

I got a Porcelain Pink, Stereo Rose and an Amber Glow (this one is sooo pretty).. seriously cannot wait until I can pick it up. I also looked at the lippies and they look cute but I passed on all of them. I hope I don't regret it.

MACJunkie85

I am going to see if I can pre-order PP and SR. I need to see the eyeshadows and lipsticks in person before I make a decision.

Michelemu21

No I have both and would not rebuy either. PP doesn't have good color payoff and SR seems metallicy. I am nw20 BTW.
I really want to see a swatch of Hot Chocolate lipstick. Are PP and SR MSF's worth it?  I'm kinda ish wanting them because of the fact they're so coveted but I don't use MSF's too much. I dunno, maybe I would if I had them?  Are they worth it? I have Lightscapade and Soft & Gentle and I have Superb & Whisper Of Guilt EDSF's.  Do I really need them? EDIT: Actually.  In saying that, I think I'm mostly just tempted to get Stereo Rose.  Porcelain Pink doesn't look like it has much colour pay off.

prettygirl

I posted this in strength already but let me post it in here:

So I went to a Pro store in North Park Mall (Dallas) and asked the MA about Strength and AC collections, and she said that she does have them and I can buy a giftcard in the amount of the products and she can set the items aside for me. She did however note that she couldn't show me the book or anything (SHRUGS), and she asked if I knew the products name *WHIPS OUT IPHONE TO GET ON SPECKTRA TO LOOK AT NAMES* lol. So I wrote down a list and she got my products for me from drawers in plain view (idk why she couldn't show me the drawers). I live 6 hours away, so she said she's able to ship it for $7, which is fine w me! Save me the anxiety from stalking the site. She said the collection is scheduled to be released on the 26th, so that's when she'll ship it to me. She did say that she wasn't sure if they'll release it a week before or not, and she said if it does she'll ship it then.

I only ordered SR and PP from this collection. After reading that PP doesn't show up, I'm a little scared. I'm NC 30-35 for reference. I have Lightscapade, Light Year, Whisper or Guilt, and Superb already. Should I just change my order and get 2 SR instead?

liba

No I have both and would not rebuy either. PP doesn't have good color payoff and SR seems metallicy. I am nw20 BTW.
I'm another person who feels like the MSFs are the least interesting thing to get from this collection. SR is not bad, but it is metallic and honestly, I think the big deal about it when it first came out was that at the time, there were so few bright cheek colors out there; so it seemed really unique. There are newer products out there nicer than PP, too.

Personally, I'd rather only get brand new MSFs, since the newer formulas are much nicer for the most part, smoother and more subtle. The Heavenly Creatures and Semi-Precious ones were spectacular compared to these older ones.

You're better off spending the money on the blushes or more MES, if you want Mineralize things, or just saving it and wait for all the upcoming collections.
2cents.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Looks like the collection is already out in Korea, it's on their website. Any korean Specktrettes here? Who might want to haul and swatch for us?
poke.gif
amuse.gif

jennyap

This is going to be a huge haul for me when it finally makes it here I think. At the moment I want all the lipsticks, balms, blushes and MES! Given what everyone's said about the MSFs I'll probably skip those, and as the eye pencils are perm I won't rush to decide about those. I still need to cut down though, and I can't do that until I see swatches!