MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

patentg33k

Looove AC on T. I bet it has the good CS formula as some purples do. Hurry up with my box, Mac!

Cosy Up I have to see on my lips to make up my mind. I'm afraid it will be one difficult colour on me.
Second everything you say. I just ordered Apres Chic lipstick on Nordstrom when I saw it sell out. I think Cozy Up is too warm for me--I'd prefer a pinky nude.

I'm wondering if there anything else I "need" from the collection (NC15).

I think Hot Chocolate is similar enough to Chanel Culte so I'm probably okay skipping that one.

I wanted the mineralized blushes, but probably have dupes of Alpine Glow and Gentle. Although people have said that Alpine Bronze isn't too warm, I'm wondering--it looks warm in T's pictures. I wonder how Alpine Bronze compares to Deep Dark MSF?

luvlydee

They both look great on you!  Now idk if I should get cozy up. It reminds me of Peachstock. I love nudes lol. 
Thank you. I used to have peachstock and it looked really like almost ashy on me. Since my lips are like dark brown it always makes satin/matte nudes look white/ashy/too light but not this one :) im happy about that.

Corally

It's going to be a small haul for me. Never thought that would ever happen with a mineralize collection.:haha: Après Chic - definitely Hot Chocolate - probably Silver Birch - probably Amber Glow - probably

Audrey C

iagree.gif
It's a quite wearable brown - just gorgeous!
Funny, but it's not brown on me at all; it's very plum. So much so that I bought Morning Coffee liner to warm it up just a titch on me.

BTW, I LOVE Stereo Rose; so glad I bought it. It's not too metallic given that I only use it with such a light hand and the colour is great for my colouring. I'm sorry I didn't back up AC lipstick; definitely a HG shade that is very much like Glamourdaze in finish.

BluEyeDoc

My first package just arrived (I placed a second order today because I decided I couldn't live without Frost at Midnight), and I'm super impressed. Haute Altitude is a gorgeous pinky nude - I have a hard time finding nudes that show up on my lips because despite being quite pale, my lips are really pigmented. I also got Fireside, Winter Pursuit and Silver Birch. I've only quickly swatched them dry so far (I literally just opened the box 5 seconds ago), but I'm happy with the pigmentation, and while they are very shimmery, I don't think the sparkle is excessive. Silver Birch is GORGEOUS. I think this was probably the shade I was least excited about initially, and it may turn out that it steals the show. I can't wait to see it wet.

BluEyeDoc

Go for Haute Altitude!! I'm NC15 as well, and it's soooo pretty. I might have to get a backup and I never get backups.

vaisforluvrs

I think Hot Chocolate is similar enough to Chanel Culte so I'm probably okay skipping that one.
I wanted the mineralized blushes, but probably have dupes of Alpine Glow and Gentle. Although people have said that Alpine Bronze isn't too warm, I'm wondering--it looks warm in T's pictures. I wonder how Alpine Bronze compares to Deep Dark MSF?
AC is so pretty. I love it! If I backed up lipsticks, I would BU this one. But I have way too many lipsticks to BU any.

ROlean

T has the MES swatches up now.

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-apres-chic-mineralize-eyeshadows-reviews-photos-swatches#more-37110

patentg33k

My first package just arrived (I placed a second order today because I decided I couldn't live without Frost at Midnight), and I'm super impressed. Haute Altitude is a gorgeous pinky nude - I have a hard time finding nudes that show up on my lips because despite being quite pale, my lips are really pigmented. I also got Fireside, Winter Pursuit and Silver Birch. I've only quickly swatched them dry so far (I literally just opened the box 5 seconds ago), but I'm happy with the pigmentation, and while they are very shimmery, I don't think the sparkle is excessive. Silver Birch is GORGEOUS. I think this was probably the shade I was least excited about initially, and it may turn out that it steals the show. I can't wait to see it wet.
Would love to know how Silver Birch applies-is it smooth on your lid? Seems like T's swatches are so butter on her arm, but look a little rougher texture on her lids (compared to powder eyeshadow looks she's done in the past)

Audrey C

That's interesting; AC looks nothing like FS on me. AC is a coral-red on me (I LOVE it) whereas FS is a distinct pinky-red. I like both, but I prefer AC.

pandav

If anyone has Laugh a Lot from Spring collection, how does it compare to Haute Altitude? I have been trying to find another lipstick like Laugh a lot. It is such a beautiful kinda MLBB shade on me. Its my best Mac lipstick ever. Since its a lustre, I guess its not a very popular lipstick. My hope of it being repromoted is dim :(

Monsy

got my stereo rose today. it looks scary bright in the pan but blends in so nicely .

very heavy swatch on NC20

Audrey C

Sigh...alright. I've fallen. I've clearly gone to the Dark Side. I blame all of you enablers and your swatches/detailed descriptions.
drools.gif

I don't back items up. I just don't do it. MAC is forever releasing items that I like, so why bother? There will always be the Next Great Thing coming. Except I fell in love with Forever Marilyn, and somehow ended up with 5. And I like Apres Chic so much I just called and ordered a second. And a second Glamourdaze while I was at it (I was thrilled that they still had this to order when it's showing as sold out). Oops.
mac_haul.gif

Final Apres Chic/Strength haul (completely unplanned other than SR):

Stereo Rose
Apres Chic (x2)
Hot Chocolate
Amber Glow Blush
287 brush
Poised Blush

Morning Coffee liner (to go with Hot Chocolate)
Brick liner (for Apres Chic).

On the upside, it's my birthday in a few days so I didn't actually have to pay for any of this myself. :)

PS. I did show some restraint - I passed on Haute Attitude because I have Mehr, Brave, Twig and Fast Play.
encore.gif

sephoraholic

My order is still pending, and I ordered around 2am Dec. 23rd
huh2.gif
....Something must be wrong here...so I contacted MAC's order department before I get too worried. I really want my Stereo Rose... and I refuse to use evilbay to get it -____-