MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Jenrbelt

Allura lippie swatches http://www.allurabeauty.com/2012/review-swatches-mac-apres-chic-lipsticks/#more-37670

Debbs

Same here. Can't put down my 286 so had to have it. Unsure how it operates as yet as I had picked up the 234 and 217 brushes at a CCO in Orlando when I was leaving there on Monday. I didn't want to miss out on a good thing hopefully however I wanted it more than I needed it.

jenntoz

not much has been said about the 287. anyone have any opinions?

I bought this but haven't used it yet. I don't have any particular reason why I bought it besides the fact I feel obligated to buy all duo fiber brushes. I believe there was a similar brush in a past holiday brush set ( I think Glitter & Ice) but I misplaced it soon after purchasing the set and never really used it after that.
yes apparently it was called the 282se in the mineralized brush sets

kimbunney

I totally agree - they're more like the Glitter & Ice ones than the Naturally ones, but less frosty and fallout-y. I'm actually kind of jealous of all you folks who didn't need much from this collection - this is probably my first haul that gave me such extreme pleasure AND pain. I don't want to get into an S&M relationship with my makeup, lol! :whip:
Don't be jealous with all these other collections out MAC is still giving me extreme pleasure and pain as well. I'm bias because naturally are my favorite MES, hell favorite shadows from 2012.

KiKi Kontour

im new to the group and loving the swatches!! i went to nordies to pick up my order (i prefer mac there for nordy note purposes PLUS my mac girls show me sooo much love) anyhoo...i got the infamous STEREO ROSE everyone raves about from back n the day. im a NEW mac lover (although i dnt consider myself a mac girl persay cuz i dnt discriminate lol) but im excited to try SR, i also got hot chocolate, cozy up!! im not a big fan of the mineralize shadows
shrugs.gif
too sheer n fallout **sigh** anyhoo...im curious why folks get "BU" (im assuming back up) for msf's cuz they seem like they'd last foooooooooorever. like seriously while we're merely fossils msf's will still be here. i would like to see that metal rock msf come back but i've been seein the suggestion of chocolate brown pigment---UGH!!! messy pigments tsk tsk

CarmenK

im new to the group and loving the swatches!! i went to nordies to pick up my order (i prefer mac there for nordy note purposes PLUS my mac girls show me sooo much love) anyhoo...i got the infamous STEREO ROSE everyone raves about from back n the day. im a NEW mac lover (although i dnt consider myself a mac girl persay cuz i dnt discriminate lol) but im excited to try SR, i also got hot chocolate, cozy up!! im not a big fan of the mineralize shadows
shrugs.gif
too sheer n fallout **sigh** anyhoo...im curious why folks get "BU" (im assuming back up) for msf's cuz they seem like they'd last foooooooooorever. like seriously while we're merely fossils msf's will still be here. i would like to see that metal rock msf come back but i've been seein the suggestion of chocolate brown pigment---UGH!!! messy pigments tsk tsk

Omg me too! I would love for mac to make it permanent! Glad your feeling the SR, I got mines as well but not sure how i feel about it yet

Debbs

In case u lose, break or misplace or scared you are gonna run out of something back up can be crucial. I was backing up stuff even b4 I knew what I was doing. I guess u cud call it hoarding. I still have 3 Fantabulous lipglosses left from when Fantasia won AI. I have been using Earthshine MSF daily with Hidden Treasure blush for over a month now. I love them both esp together and have multiples of each so I am confident that I won't run out anytime soon. I may also gift an item to a friend or family member who keep complimenting a certain look

Yazmin

The stand-out products are the PLW liners and Hot Chocolate.

Stereo Rose was ueber metalic and far too orange. It will look great on NC30 skin on a Caribbean vacation, but not on a pale NW complexion. AB and AG were also wrong for NW15. They showed up as an orangey leather brown, which again, is nice for mid-tone NC complexions, but not for me.

You know me, I only buy if I will actually wear the product (and then I need BU's). I don't buy into the hype or if it clearly doesn't suit my skin tone :)
Good, confirms my skip, I thought they would both be too warm.

Skippers remorse for Hot Chocolate, but feel like I have something like it already, I just can't think what it is...
I swatched this again today in the store, and I feel like I have something similar to it, NYX Uranus, though I think I'll have to go back and swatch them side by side to be sure before I buy Hot Chocolate.

purplemaren

The Mac Pro store and the nordies near me were both sold out of hot chocolate, but nordies had one I could swatch, and I loved it so I ordered it online. Neither had a stereo rose for me to swatch, and I have my doubts about it. I'm a neutral/cool leaning NW 20, and oranges rarely work for me. Thoughts?

liba

shrugs.gif
Welcome! Your wording made me laugh a lot! I don't think I could get through an MSF unless I used it every single day, but that's exactly how often plenty of folks use 'em, so maybe they'll have broken into their back ups before we're all human trilobites…you never know!

KaShaeD

After viewing the BEAUTIFUL swatches with rave reviews and MAC selling out, I HAD to purchase Apres Chic on Nordstrom. If possible, could someone tell me how Apres Chic compares to Viva Glam Cyndi (color wise)? Thanks
flower.gif

JulieDiva

After viewing the BEAUTIFUL swatches with rave reviews and MAC selling out, I HAD to purchase Apres Chic on Nordstrom. If possible, could someone tell me how Apres Chic compares to Viva Glam Cyndi (color wise)? Thanks
flower.gif
funny you should ask. I think Apres chic is a close dupe to viva glam Cyndi!!!

Yazmin

Don't be jealous with all these other collections out MAC is still giving me extreme pleasure and pain as well. I'm bias because naturally are my favorite MES, hell favorite shadows from 2012. Daylight is in my top 5 favorite MES and up in the top 10 of all the shadows I own - it was in the top 3, but it might get pushed out by a few of these new Apres Chic ones.

I swear, the new sparkle texture on these is just amazing. I just did a wash of Winter Pursuit dry with a plain old 239 and I'm dying over here. It's like a warm coppery nude base with insane pale pink duochrome wet shine on top; like if Star Myth from the On the Hunt duo was made more subtle and more crazy and exciting at the same time. And this is DRY with no base underneath. It totally smooths my eyelid texture and the light reflectivity is just off the chart - I swear, it's like it instantly gave me crucial extra millimeters of visible eyelid just because the light bounces off it so perfectly. I feel like I just shaved a few years off of my face with just this and I haven't put liner or mascara on yet. Powdered eye lift, damn.

I'm wearing this with Amber Glow and yep, another makeup nerdgasm. It's totally stunning over bare skin - I put it all the way up to under my eyes with a 188 then blended it in wellI around the eye area by pressing my palms onto my face to "melt" it in. If you are NC and want something less glistening and metallic than an EDSF, but that lights up your whole face in a healthy way, without going as pale as Elude or FM, go to your MAC store and try it on. I was bonkers about this collection when I first saw it, and now that I'm getting time to play, I'm going double bonkers, triple bonkers if you count the Hot Chocolate/Stay Warm blotted combo on the lips. I was looking really winter drab and dried out and now my face looks so gorgeous, it's made my hair look extra dry and dull in contrast, durrr. I would bet $50 with anyone right now that if I went up to the first man I saw in the grocery store and asked him to tell me if I was wearing makeup or not, he would tell me no.

I already texted my MA to rave and you know I've been like a hyperactive woodpecker over here, so yeah, favorite collection of the year. DONE! Frikken impressed right now.
Stop it, lol! - you're making me want to go back and get Winter Pursuit.

liba

Stop it, lol! - you're making me want to go back and get Winter Pursuit.
I was originally going to skip it in favor of Fireside, but I got them both, even though they seemed a little similar on me at first. The only one I didn't get was Ice and now I'm seriously considering it.

Sorry, I'm not usually this much of an insane enabler

Baby1black

How does apres chic compare to keep it casual lip and cheek color . I know somewhere Liba said something about both but cannot recall. Could someone o swatches if they hav both. My goods are not coming except Friday next week. Mac should Defintely consider another distribution center. I usually expect my goods in a week but 2 weeks mac com on.

Baby1black

im new to the group and loving the swatches!! i went to nordies to pick up my order (i prefer mac there for nordy note purposes PLUS my mac girls show me sooo much love) anyhoo...i got the infamous STEREO ROSE everyone raves about from back n the day. im a NEW mac lover (although i dnt consider myself a mac girl persay cuz i dnt discriminate lol) but im excited to try SR, i also got hot chocolate, cozy up!! im not a big fan of the mineralize shadows :shrugs:  too sheer n fallout **sigh** anyhoo...im curious why folks get "BU" (im assuming back up) for msf's cuz they seem like they'd last foooooooooorever. like seriously while we're merely fossils msf's will still be here. i would like to see that metal rock msf come back but i've been seein the suggestion of chocolate brown pigment---UGH!!! messy pigments tsk tsk
Well if u are a makeup artist u do that especially if u know a product is universal flattering on all skin tones. However I do not usually BU MSF but did BU whisper of gilt and superb only because I travel and fear it would shatter cause I adore them so much.