MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

erine1881

im new to the group and loving the swatches!! i went to nordies to pick up my order (i prefer mac there for nordy note purposes PLUS my mac girls show me sooo much love) anyhoo...i got the infamous STEREO ROSE everyone raves about from back n the day. im a NEW mac lover (although i dnt consider myself a mac girl persay cuz i dnt discriminate lol) but im excited to try SR, i also got hot chocolate, cozy up!! im not a big fan of the mineralize shadows :shrugs:  too sheer n fallout **sigh** anyhoo...im curious why folks get "BU" (im assuming back up) for msf's cuz they seem like they'd last foooooooooorever. like seriously while we're merely fossils msf's will still be here. i would like to see that metal rock msf come back but i've been seein the suggestion of chocolate brown pigment---UGH!!! messy pigments tsk tsk
I use MSFs every single day. I've gone thru an entire by candlelight and redhead. I use em on my clients too. I never NOT use a MSF on myself. I'm glad i got BUs of both of those, along with a couple others. I also have a BU of superb and whisper of guilt, which I've been using a lot lately.

Yazmin

I use MSFs every single day. I've gone thru an entire by candlelight and redhead. I use em on my clients too. I never NOT use a MSF on myself. I'm glad i got BUs of both of those, along with a couple others. I also have a BU of superb and whisper of guilt, which I've been using a lot lately.
The MSFs have been making their way into my routine more and more. That and contouring used to be the steps I'd sacrifice for lack of time, but now it's harder to not do it. I originally passed on Superb in the original release, but picked it up and now it's my favorite. It's a gorgeous highlight on my skin.

Medgal07

Sigh...alright. I've fallen. I've clearly gone to the Dark Side. I blame all of you enablers and your swatches/detailed descriptions.
drools.gif

I don't back items up. I just don't do it. MAC is forever releasing items that I like, so why bother? There will always be the Next Great Thing coming. Except I fell in love with Forever Marilyn, and somehow ended up with 5. And I like Apres Chic so much I just called and ordered a second. And a second Glamourdaze while I was at it (I was thrilled that they still had this to order when it's showing as sold out). Oops.
mac_haul.gif

Final Apres Chic/Strength haul (completely unplanned other than SR):

Stereo Rose
Apres Chic (x2)
Hot Chocolate
Amber Glow Blush
287 brush
Poised Blush

Morning Coffee liner (to go with Hot Chocolate)
Brick liner (for Apres Chic).

On the upside, it's my birthday in a few days so I didn't actually have to pay for any of this myself. :)

PS. I did show some restraint - I passed on Haute Attitude because I have Mehr, Brave, Twig and Fast Play.
encore.gif
Nice haul Audrey! Enjoy--and
happybirthday.gif

DILLIGAF

I thought I was going to skip this collection until I went to pick up my Strength goodies and saw the items from this collection. I can't begin to tell you how much I love Hot Chocolate lipstick. It reminds me of a darker version of Flaunting It Kissable Lipcolour. It reads browner on Temptalia but on me the plum undertones are definitely visible. I think I may be going back for a back up if I can find it. The artist that was helping me at the Pro store took the last one they had after seeing how it looked on me. Hopefully I'll have luck at the mall later.

Medgal07

not much has been said about the 287. anyone have any opinions?
I had a version of the 287/286 in SE form, used it daily and loved it! I lost it and was just sick about it. Resultantly, I purchased two of the full size versions. I think there is some confusion
on MAC's part because there is a 286SE (MAC Illustrated collection) that other than its' size is identical in appearance. The brush performs well and is good for packing on product.

Medgal07

AP is fabulous - can't get it off, but it is a beautiful red
eyelove.gif

Rich Experience eyeliner is a beautiful espresso brown.
I looked at Rich Experience but passed on it. I'm taking your opinion as a green light to reverse my decision.
th_happy1.gif

Thank you Elegant. I need a nice brown eyeliner.

MACina

I would love to see Frost at Midnight swatched next to Winterized.Does anyone happen to have both and could swatch
them side by side?

TIA!

Yazmin

AP is fabulous - can't get it off, but it is a beautiful red
eyelove.gif

Rich Experience eyeliner is a beautiful espresso brown.
I looked at Rich Experience but passed on it. I'm taking your opinion as a green light to reverse my decision.
th_happy1.gif

Thank you Elegant. I need a nice brown eyeliner.
Now I'm considering getting a backup of it and I haven't received my order of the first one yet. I'm so easily enabled, lol!

Medgal07

im new to the group and loving the swatches!! i went to nordies to pick up my order (i prefer mac there for nordy note purposes PLUS my mac girls show me sooo much love) anyhoo...i got the infamous STEREO ROSE everyone raves about from back n the day. im a NEW mac lover (although i dnt consider myself a mac girl persay cuz i dnt discriminate lol) but im excited to try SR, i also got hot chocolate, cozy up!! im not a big fan of the mineralize shadows
shrugs.gif
too sheer n fallout **sigh** anyhoo...im curious why folks get "BU" (im assuming back up) for msf's cuz they seem like they'd last foooooooooorever. like seriously while we're merely fossils msf's will still be here. i would like to see that metal rock msf come back but i've been seein the suggestion of chocolate brown pigment---UGH!!! messy pigments tsk tsk
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
KiKi!! I hope you enjoy your goodies! I think you'll find that there are people here who back-up more than semis and big rigs, but they do so because they totally love a product that is more likely than not, limited edition, and it works better on them than anything they've ever tried before---their proverbial HG. I am guilty of this behavior on one or two occasions, as well.
As for your comment, "like seriously while we're merely fossils msf's will still be here." LMAO----and you're correct.
lmao.gif

I know pigments are messy but they have potential to yield amazing results--and yes, go for the Chocolate Brown pigment...it's really lovely and quite versatile.

nikki1387

The Mac Pro store and the nordies near me were both sold out of hot chocolate, but nordies had one I could swatch, and I loved it so I ordered it online. Neither had a stereo rose for me to swatch, and I have my doubts about it. I'm a neutral/cool leaning NW 20, and oranges rarely work for me. Thoughts?
im the exact same skintone! i just got mine and love the color it gives. not too much at all. it does have more of a sheen (what everyone is calling metallic) than my other msfs but its brightening on the face. just beautiful!

bulbasaur359

I'm bad, I just ordered Hot Chocolate. I am sure my hubby will tell me I don't need anymore makeup but it was haunting me lol. I just couldn't stop thinking about it. Oh well
nocomment.gif

Mac-Guy

I had a version of the 287/286 in SE form, used it daily and loved it! I lost it and was just sick about it. Resultantly, I purchased two of the full size versions. I think there is some confusion
on MAC's part because there is a 286SE (MAC Illustrated collection) that other than its' size is identical in appearance. The brush performs well and is good for packing on product.
I posted the official MAC blurb on this topic somewhere on the forum. It might be in the "Making Pretty" thread actually...

jenntoz

I posted the official MAC blurb on this topic somewhere on the forum. It might be in the "Making Pretty" thread actually...
I thought you were talking about the brush in the MP collection,
so the 287 is the same head as the 286se then?
anyone have a picture of the new brush with other regular eye brushes to get an idea of its size please

Icecaramellatte

:welcome2:  KiKi!!  I hope you enjoy your goodies!  I think you'll find that there are people here who back-up more than semis and big rigs, but they do so because they totally love a product that is more likely than not, limited edition, and it works better on them than anything they've ever tried before---their proverbial HG. I am guilty of this behavior on one or two occasions, as well. As for your comment, "like seriously while we're merely fossils msf's will still be here."  LMAO----and you're correct.   :lmao: I know pigments are messy but they have potential to yield amazing results--and yes, go for the Chocolate Brown pigment...it's really lovely and quite versatile.
Some people also back up mineralized products because they can break easily. I found this out the hard way when my Global Glow Msf dropped and shattered on the floor the day after I bought it. I had a really hard time finding another one after that.

purplemaren

Thanks! I think. Now I better get it, lol.
im the exact same skintone! i just got mine and love the color it gives. not too much at all. it does have more of a sheen (what everyone is calling metallic) than my other msfs but its brightening on the face. just beautiful!

MACGirl13

I looked at Rich Experience but passed on it.  I'm taking your opinion as a green light to reverse my decision.  :yaay: Thank you Elegant.  I need a nice brown eyeliner.
I got Rich Experience and didn't open it yet, but tried the tester on and loved it. A blog I follow closely reviewed it and she only gave them a grade of C. I have been looking for a true rich brown for quite some time so I am not sure if I should keep it.