MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

TommyCJC

I didn't think I'd like anything from this collection, but after seeing so many lovely pics and hearing so much about Hot Chocolate... I caved!
I got a back up also and I picked up a Cosy Up for my brother because that looks right up his alley! =)
I can't wait to get it!!
I'd love to see some possible dupe pics, actually curious to see it next to Mehr or something!!
I love the pinky greyness it has on all of you deep skinned beauties!! I hope it picks some of that up on me too!!
I'm an NC15-20 so I would LOVE to see how it looks if anyone of that shade has this lippy already!!
Now I just need to pick up a Pink Pigeon and a Nocturnal Instincts when they get released here!!
Eeesh! Lipsticks are much too addictive!!

Prettypackages

thanks kate!
i found with HC i might like the texture a little better when my lips are less parched. (maybe i just need a heavy dose of hydration) i didn't try the other lipsticks from this collection out, but now i'm wondering if it'll be the same? how are you finding the formula of apres chic?
i might try to go back tomorrow to have another look at silver birch and winter pursuit. (if they're still there, of course :)
actually, you were brave to go out in the world today! i was partially stranded in the west island since i had stayed at my parents' place last night, and it was pure mayhem...when i got back, i had to dig my way to the front door with my hands because i don't have a shovel at easy access...(lesson learned)
thanks for the swatches! it's odd that christine didn't find these held up on her eyes. i wonder if it has anything to do with skin type?
i might try the navy or the teal one out to test the formula on my own eyelids since they're super oily. i don't mind if my eyeliner isn't toootally waterproof, if it makes it mildly easier to remove at the end of the day. the liquilines were a bit too long wearing for me.....
This is what Liba helped me realized. I've been sick, tired, exhausted, extremely dehydrated, (I can't seem to keep the water in, my lips are so parched) which is what made me not love the AC lipsticks. I went back to get Cozy Up and HA to try when my skin gets back to normal.

kimibos

my stereo rose is coming on thursday! and my winter pursuit is still pending. i hate nordstrom's shipping! i want to know if i should get a bu of stereo rose, i hope its still available after thursday. the only msf's i have bu's of are semi-precious pearl and lightscapade.

i have been thinking about a silver birch BU. but i only have bu's for jete and moth brown no mes.

i dont think these mes are like the glitter and ice ones. i got shimmermint because of the color and i hate it, pure powdery glitter and no color on the lid when applied. these are way more pigmented. as i said more naturally to me.

i wonder if the new porcelain pink is better than the one in the fall color cindy wherever collection?

last. any one has a fireside with alot of green veining?? i feel like hunting one like that.

kimibos

My Fireside had hardly any green veining
ohboy.gif
i kind of want one like the little pic that mac has in the site.

Prettypackages

Alpine bronze like i said befor just makes me look healthy lol idk what more i can say about it. Its just devine on my skin. It doesnt look so orange like it does on temptalia but i guess its cuz im darker than her lol
Ok, I'm going back to look at Alpine bronze.

Prettypackages

Daylight is in my top 5 favorite MES and up in the top 10 of all the shadows I own - it was in the top 3, but it might get pushed out by a few of these new Apres Chic ones.

I swear, the new sparkle texture on these is just amazing. I just did a wash of Winter Pursuit dry with a plain old 239 and I'm dying over here. It's like a warm coppery nude base with insane pale pink duochrome wet shine on top; like if Star Myth from the On the Hunt duo was made more subtle and more crazy and exciting at the same time. And this is DRY with no base underneath. It totally smooths my eyelid texture and the light reflectivity is just off the chart - I swear, it's like it instantly gave me crucial extra millimeters of visible eyelid just because the light bounces off it so perfectly. I feel like I just shaved a few years off of my face with just this and I haven't put liner or mascara on yet. Powdered eye lift, damn.

I'm wearing this with Amber Glow and yep, another makeup nerdgasm. It's totally stunning over bare skin - I put it all the way up to under my eyes with a 188 then blended it in wellI around the eye area by pressing my palms onto my face to "melt" it in. If you are NC and want something less glistening and metallic than an EDSF, but that lights up your whole face in a healthy way, without going as pale as Elude or FM, go to your MAC store and try it on. I was bonkers about this collection when I first saw it, and now that I'm getting time to play, I'm going double bonkers, triple bonkers if you count the Hot Chocolate/Stay Warm blotted combo on the lips. I was looking really winter drab and dried out and now my face looks so gorgeous, it's made my hair look extra dry and dull in contrast, durrr. I would bet $50 with anyone right now that if I went up to the first man I saw in the grocery store and asked him to tell me if I was wearing makeup or not, he would tell me no.

I already texted my MA to rave and you know I've been like a hyperactive woodpecker over here, so yeah, favorite collection of the year. DONE! Frikken impressed right now.

Welcome! Your wording made me laugh a lot! I don't think I could get through an MSF unless I used it every single day, but that's exactly how often plenty of folks use 'em, so maybe they'll have broken into their back ups before we're all human trilobites…you never know!
you're killing me. I can't wear MES, stop it!!!

you've convinced me to get alpine glow and the 188.

kimibos

Liba i love daylight too. Hint of sapphire used to me my #1 but Daylight is my favorite now. i still have to use the ones i just got to see how much ii like them in the metal podium. they all look like winners to me.

chi1216

I put up some more pictures of absolute power, haute altitude, hot chocolate, and strong woman on my mini blog. Liveloveandchi.blogspot.com

Monsy

Stereo Rose on NC20

More pics on my blog

http://cheekmeout.blogspot.com/2012/12/mac-stereo-rose-mineralize-skinfinish.html

Pinkdollface

Ow no I did not watch allurabeauty's vid...I already wanted all the mes + Stereo Rose BU + 3/4 lippies, but she basically made me want all the other things...just look how pretty Amber Glow looks in her swatch and Warm Companion looks amazing too damn it!...help

patentg33k

If I have Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre in Fantasme, do I need Ice? I keep telling myself no, but like Liba it is the only MES I didn't buy from this collection and it keeps nagging at me!
I say that you don't--except that Fantasme is a gel and Ice is a powder. They are quite similar (based on my in store quick swatching.

liba

I'm confused. Does Amber Glow has pale champagne shimmers (Temptalia) or silver shimmers (Allura)?
On me, pale champagne would be more accurate. I think the shimmer particles are those fine, clear, almost wet look reflective kinds we've seen in different sizes in a few different products and it just picks up a champagne effect from the base color and other binders in the formula. It's not as golden or wet looking as WoG.

Corally

I'm confused. Does Amber Glow has pale champagne shimmers (Temptalia) or silver shimmers (Allura)?
On me, pale champagne would be more accurate. I think the shimmer particles are those fine, clear, almost wet look reflective kinds we've seen in different sizes in a few different products and it just picks up a champagne effect from the base color and other binders in the formula. It's not as golden or wet looking as WoG.
Thanks!! It stays on my list. :)

mousygiggles

I used AG to highlight with poised blush and love it! For the eyes I used good Fortune Big Bounce as a base with Winter Pursuit on the lid, Silver Birch above it with Fireside in the crease and on the lower lash line and matte cream shadow on the brow bone. Sorry I don't remember which one. I lined with Mystery and did Hot Chocolate on my lips! I love it. I love love love this collection.

Jenrbelt

I say that you don't--except that Fantasme is a gel and Ice is a powder. They are quite similar (based on my in store quick swatching.
Thanks for peeking for me! I am trying to behave and not accidentally end up at the Mac counter again! :bouquet:

Latest posts