MAC Art of the Eye Collection (May 2013)

Icecaramellatte

Love the Promo Image. I have Soft Brown but I think it is a great color to have in a pre-made quad. It would go with all looks for me.

Janeenersss

MUST HAVE HAJAR KARIM SHADOW
icon_eek.gif
eyelove.gif
th_drool.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
i was thinking the same thing! actually, a cross between mickey contractor (colour story) and year of the snake (imagery).

i like the look of the brown quad a lot, and would probably pick it up since i don't have any of those shades, but have always wanted to get shroom. don't know why i never did!

masat al lail (blue/grey quad) is exactly the same shades as the blue grey quad from smoke signals, no? i missed that quad so i'm happy if it returns, but i find that a bit surprising that it's identical... also, i don't think rondelle is permanent. is this collection for real?
Exactly what I was thinking. I don't have soft brown either. The blue/ grey quad is the same one from Smoke Signals (and no, Rondelle is not perm, it's been released twice, but never added to the collection). It's a nice quad for a cooler toned smoky eye.

The individual shadows all look beautiful to me, although Hajar Karim looks exactly like Sassy Grass from the Dare to Wear collection. If it is basically the same, it is 100% essential. It's the most gorgeous matte green I've ever seen or used.

Since my hair was blonde when the Fluidline brow products launched originally, I will be taking advantage of this one to grab a pot of DDB. I ended up getting Redhead from the first launch and I love the formula, but it really doesn't match my colour anymore. Makes an awesome cream shadow, though.

SydVicious

Is this going to be a Germany/Douglas exclusive? I can't seem to find any information on this collection at all. If this collection isn't available in the US, I'll have to fork over the € for a couple of those shadows.

ladyarwen

Is this going to be a Germany/Douglas exclusive? I can't seem to find any information on this collection at all. If this collection isn't available in the US, I'll have to fork over the € for a couple of those shadows.
That'd be a shame. I'd never go to such trouble just for some makeup. I'd really love to get Parrot though.

janette9687

The MAC gods listened!!!!! Yay! I have been longing for parrot after it got lost in the ATL airport along with my bag, i was more upset about parrot e/s surprisingly! I AM SOOOO GETTING IT!

SydVicious

That'd be a shame. I'd never go to such trouble just for some makeup. I'd really love to get Parrot though.
Well, I live in Germany, so it wouldn't be too much trouble for me to get it, but it costs alot more than when I buy from mac.com. I only pay the € price when I really have to. I agree though, I sometimes hate exclusives, it makes things so much harder to get your hands on.

princess sarah

Finally a colourful collection for the eyes! Feels like forever since I have seen one of these!!!! I would like the single shadows, Hi Def Cyan Pencil (always forget about perm items) and he brow fluidline I think.

ChosenOne

What if this collection is faux like our Prince collection?
girlhaha.gif
rofl.gif
Imagine??? It would be the start of the fake collection wars. No one would know what was real and what wasn't anymore!

So, I know Parrot is a big deal in the MAC addict world. Can anyone share what makes it so great? It's certainly a beautiful blue, but is it unique? I missed the first Parrot party, lol.

Copperhead

rofl.gif
Imagine??? It would be the start of the fake collection wars. No one would know what was real and what wasn't anymore!

So, I know Parrot is a big deal in the MAC addict world. Can anyone share what makes it so great? It's certainly a beautiful blue, but is it unique? I missed the first Parrot party, lol.
It's very nice but I don't know if it's all that unique. I think it may have been more unique when it was first introduced back in 2004. Nowadays, you might be able to find a similar color with a brand like Inglot.