MAC at Heathrow/Luton/Stanstead airports?

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchieramone
Terminal 5 also has a counter, though it doesn't appear on the list of stores/brands available there on the BA website.

I had some of the worst service I've ever experienced there!

Thanks for the advance warning! I'm flying from T5 tomorrow and want to pick up a few treats for myself. Hope I get a nice MA otherwise I'll just take my money elsewhere.

CatherineP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelyn
should i assume that the duty free prices are less 15% only?

Thanks! my flatmate is flying over next week and i wanted to ask him to help me stock up because the GBP is too good to be true!

I've been told that the Duty Free prices are basically minus VAT which, at the moment, is 15%. Not all the airport MAC counters have good ranges of stuff, however. I regularly use Gatwick and Stansted and they tend to have very few pigments and a limited selection of brushes, for example.

amber_j

Back from my hols. The MAC counter at Heathrow T5 was quite impressive and the MA was really nice and helpful. They had lots of Trip sets, including the new summer ones, lots of Hello Kitty, Grand Duos and Colour Ready. No Sugarsweet though. But they had loads of Studio Mist. I thought this had been discontinued? If I travel from T5 again I'm definitely going earlier to give myself more time to shop. I just hope they have more than one person on the counter next time.

xsurreal

Hi everyone!
has anybody checked out MAC at gatwick recently? i have a friend flying from there tonight - dont you love it when people fly through a duty free that has a counter - and would love the Gothette look in a box if they're still around... and I have no idea how long these look boxes last for!

If not (got to have a back up lol!) do the mac counters here sell the eyeshadows in pan form?

surfroxy

Sorry - I know this thread is kinda outdated but I didn't think this question was worthy of starting a new thread. Does anyone know if there is a MAC counter at Manchester Airport at all? Thanks