MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

Yazmin

So, I have to retract my earlier claim that I would only haul Eclair for myself. I finally opened and used my Rosy Romance MLB from Apres Chic and I love how it felt on my lips, so I ordered Sweet Tooth and Cheery Cherry.

NOW that is all I will haul from this collection (CPs notwithstanding).
you went this long without trying it? They are awesome
I love it!

MACina

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

I don't really want to change the color of LW &I don't have any liners that match it. The only purple I have is Heroine. I will try that and see how it looks, because I imagine it'll look nice anyway. I don't have many liners..

Here's Raspberry Swirl on it's own.

This might sound silly but I feel really girly with this shade on. It's very pretty. The boyfriend complimented me on it too, and I usually have to ask "Do you like this lipstick?" before he says anything about it.

On a side note -- posting pictures on here has brought to my attention that my face is so awkward. The left and right side don't match. One of my eyebrows has an issue, I feel like I always look like I'm giving someone the Rock's eyebrow. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

Michelemu21

Looks really nice on you...the whole look does.
I love Lavender Whip! I really liked Pink Popcorn, but I like this one much more. I want a backup but I know I don't need it. I'm trying not to back up these things. I feel like such a lipstick whore. I keep falling in love with all these lipsticks at first sight on my lips and then move on to the next one. I have to convince myself not to get another, but with this being cremesheen, I know I'm going to go through it faster than a matte/satin/amplified.  I still haven't tried on Raspberry Swirl.  Here's LW on.

aradhana

I don't really want to change the color of LW &I don't have any liners that match it. The only purple I have is Heroine. I will try that and see how it looks, because I imagine it'll look nice anyway. I don't have many liners..

Here's Raspberry Swirl on it's own.

This might sound silly but I feel really girly with this shade on. It's very pretty. The boyfriend complimented me on it too, and I usually have to ask "Do you like this lipstick?" before he says anything about it.

On a side note -- posting pictures on here has brought to my attention that my face is so awkward. The left and right side don't match. One of my eyebrows has an issue, I feel like I always look like I'm giving someone the Rock's eyebrow. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?
my brows are different too! sometimes it can look like my glasses are crooked...but they're not.

ForeverJenn

I don't really want to change the color of LW &I don't have any liners that match it. The only purple I have is Heroine. I will try that and see how it looks, because I imagine it'll look nice anyway. I don't have many liners.. Here's Raspberry Swirl on it's own. This might sound silly but I feel really girly with this shade on. It's very pretty. The boyfriend complimented me on it too, and I usually have to ask "Do you like this lipstick?" before he says anything about it. On a side note -- posting pictures on here has brought to my attention that my face is so awkward. The left and right side don't match. One of my eyebrows has an issue, I feel like I always look like I'm giving someone the Rock's eyebrow. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?
nope I have it too! They've always been different, but recently I've been noticing it more. I get my eyebrows threaded and had to recently switch over to a new lady since my original one moved. Point is she f***** them up and I'm so irritated. I'm letting them grow out and I hate waking around with bushy eyebrows !

MissTT

I didn't mean to make fun of the girl's pronunciation. I thought she was doing an inside joke. Like randomly slipping in "meow" or something. Sorry, Allura. And yes haute is pronounce oat although I don't always pronounce it that way b/c it sounds snooty to me. It helps that I think I've only used the word once in an actual speaking situation. And that time we were discussing how to pronounce Hautelook. In my mind I use the H even though I know it's incorrect.

NewChick10

I wish I was able to find an intense swatch of Lavender Whip. All of the swatches I see seem to be so sheer. I wish I could see someone where it more boldly than sheered out. I don't think I am going to like it since it appears to be a sheer lavender lipstick. The swatches on the hands and arms of people even seem so sheer. I might be sending mine back when it comes. I am already disappointed.
ohboy.gif

KrystalAnne

I wish I was able to find an intense swatch of Lavender Whip. All of the swatches I see seem to be so sheer. I wish I could see someone where it more boldly than sheered out. I don't think I am going to like it since it appears to be a sheer lavender lipstick. The swatches on the hands and arms of people even seem so sheer. I might be sending mine back when it comes. I am already disappointed.
ohboy.gif
To be honest, Lavender Whip isn't really intense to me. It's a softer lavender shade and cremesheen formula, so it's not going to really end up being super intense. I think something that is more intense and lavender is Viva Glam Nicki 2, but it's harder to wear for some. If you still wanna try to make Lavender Whip more bold, you can put a bolder liner underneath. But I think the swatches you're seeing are LW built up to highest intensity. At least on my lips, that was as intense as it was going to get.

MACerette

I don't really want to change the color of LW &I don't have any liners that match it. The only purple I have is Heroine. I will try that and see how it looks, because I imagine it'll look nice anyway. I don't have many liners.. Here's Raspberry Swirl on it's own. This might sound silly but I feel really girly with this shade on. It's very pretty. The boyfriend complimented me on it too, and I usually have to ask "Do you like this lipstick?" before he says anything about it. On a side note -- posting pictures on here has brought to my attention that my face is so awkward. The left and right side don't match. One of my eyebrows has an issue, I feel like I always look like I'm giving someone the Rock's eyebrow. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?
I was going to skip RS but you suckered me right back in. You' re killing me here... RS looks so gorgeous on you!

Oceanic Lily

I haven't had a chance to watch the video, but if she did say "oat" then she's actually pronouncing it correctly
smiles.gif
Many people just say "hot" or "hoat" (not a word, I know, lol), but when "haute" is pronounced correctly, it sounds exactly like "oat." It's a French word meaning fashionable or stylish (I think...any actual French speakers, please correct me if I'm wrong). I never say it that way when I'm talking to people though since they tend to look at me funny, haha
You Guys crack me up! You are right- As a Montréalaise ("female of Montreal descent"
busted.gif
) by way of the U.S. now living in Vancouver & Boston-that is indeed how you pronounce "haute". In the French language the letter "h" is always silent- may sound comical-but true! Haute signifies "high" in terms of height and/or sophistication-as in (most commonly used) "Haute Couture"- high fashion or as in "Haute Cuisine"- sophisticated/classy/refined cuisine etc.
My daughter, working with Danes and Swedes on a science experiment nearly died laughing listening to Google enunciation- we walked for days sounding like Swedish Chef from the Jim Henson's Muppets
w00t.gif

SydVicious

You Guys crack me up! You are right- As a Montréalaise ("female of Montreal descent"
busted.gif
) by way of the U.S. now living in Vancouver & Boston-that is indeed how you pronounce "haute". In the French language the letter "h" is always silent- may sound comical-but true! Haute signifies "high" in terms of height and/or sophistication-as in (most commonly used) "Haute Couture"- high fashion or as in "Haute Cuisine"- sophisticated/classy/refined cuisine etc. My daughter, working with Danes and Swedes on a science experiment nearly died laughing listening to Google enunciation- we walked for days sounding like Swedish Chef from the Jim Henson's Muppets
w00t.gif
Ok, Ok, maybe I was wrong. I have never in my life heard anyone say Oat Couture. I always thought the "h" was a soft sound. It just sounds totally weird to me, but I struggle with proper french pronunciations. Every time I got to Paris I try to prep for my trip by brushing up and I still fail miserably at everything but the most basic terms and phrases.

Audrey C

As a Canadian who speaks French, I have to say that anything other tha 'oat' sounds funny to me because it's well...wrong. ;) Also, we do not say 'aboot'.

Prettypackages

busted.gif
) by way of the U.S. now living in Vancouver & Boston-that is indeed how you pronounce "haute". In the French language the letter "h" is always silent- may sound comical-but true! Haute signifies "high" in terms of height and/or sophistication-as in (most commonly used) "Haute Couture"- high fashion or as in "Haute Cuisine"- sophisticated/classy/refined cuisine etc. My daughter, working with Danes and Swedes on a science experiment nearly died laughing listening to Google enunciation- we walked for days sounding like Swedish Chef from the Jim Henson's Muppets
w00t.gif
I always thought the t was silent too.