MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

luvlydee

You Guys crack me up! You are right- As a Montréalaise ("female of Montreal descent":busted: ) by way of the U.S. now living in Vancouver & Boston-that is indeed how you pronounce "haute".  In the French language the letter "h" is always silent- may sound comical-but true! Haute signifies  "high" in terms of height and/or sophistication-as in (most commonly used) "Haute Couture"- high fashion or as in "Haute Cuisine"- sophisticated/classy/refined cuisine etc. My daughter, working with Danes and Swedes on a science experiment nearly died laughing listening to Google enunciation- we walked for days sounding like Swedish Chef from the Jim Henson's Muppets:cool:
Idk i will continue to say blazing "hot" since blazing "oat" makes no sense to me. Maybe mac was just tryig to do a play on words idk. But i do say "oat" couture.

KMQE716

You ladies with all these swatches and pix are making me regret skipping all the lippies. Snap, I feel another haul coming on. There's always the official launch and the Southern based retail store which will remain unnamed that the e-bayers don't know about, right???
I think I may have to get the white PP Fancy Frosting or whatever on the 2nd haul also. Really trying to resist RS lippy here.
lol at the Southern based store....if it's what i think it is, i hate that place LOL

Prettypackages

I didn't mean to make fun of the girl's pronunciation. I thought she was doing an inside joke. Like randomly slipping in "meow" or something. Sorry, Allura. And yes haute is pronounce oat although I don't always pronounce it that way b/c it sounds snooty to me. It helps that I think I've only used the word once in an actual speaking situation. And that time we were discussing how to pronounce Hautelook. In my mind I use the H even though I know it's incorrect.
that's what i thought too. I didn't thnk you were making fun of her.

ShanOrieal

[quote name="realhousewifexo" url="/t/182266/mac-baking-beauties-collection-april-2013/2520#post_2373395"]Macy's now has this collection up![/quote] Thanks! I think l will wait for Nordies to put theirs up bc they have free shipping. The only thing I need is LW bc I purchased RS and PD from Mac and I just can't pay Macy's $10.00 for shipping when Nordies ships for free! Lol

BlissfullyYours

Thanks! I think l will wait for Nordies to put theirs up bc they have free shipping. The only thing I need is LW bc I purchased RS and PD from Mac and I just can't pay Macy's $10.00 for shipping when Nordies ships for free! Lol
$10.00? Psh that's another lipstick Smh lol.

ShanOrieal

[COLOR=CC99FF]Yep, sad that they overcharge so much for shipping.  That is why I rarely buy anything online that isn't from MAC or Nordies.  And usually the places that over charge will offer free shipping if you spend like $200...seriously??[/COLOR]
I know that's so insane!

ShanOrieal

So I've never stalked Nordies before, usually just Mac. Do they normally release on te exact date or are they like Mac where they release whenever they feel like it?

bluelitzer

So I've never stalked Nordies before, usually just Mac. Do they normally release on te exact date or are they like Mac where they release whenever they feel like it?
The 2 or 3 collections I've stalked on Nordstrom last year has always released a day or two earlier than the announced release date.

ShanOrieal

The 2 or 3 collections I've stalked on Nordstrom last year has always released a day or two earlier than the announced release date.
Okay great! Thanks so much for the info. I guess I'll continue stalking since it's expected to release tomorrow on the 15th

MACJunkie85

I wore LW today to church this morning. I like it but I wish it was a little more lavender.
7a810d6b_image.jpeg

MACJunkie85

MACJunkie85!! You look so beautiful! Congratulations! I wish for you and your new hubby to have a long happy life together. 
Congrats on your special day, may your day be filled with love and joy today and always
You look so beautiful, I hope you had a perfect day. :)
@MACJunkie- Congrats on your wedding, married lady!!!  Happy to hear your day was perfect  :heart2: Regarding RS vs. SG: I received my RS yesterday and tried it on before bed (yup, I'm one of the UPS guy's last stops).  I'm so glad I ordered it!  The color is definitely very similar to SG, but the finish makes all the difference between them.  If you felt that SG was too pigmented for you and needed some sheering down to be wearable, RS is going to be your new friend!
I read that as - you married the UPS guy that delivers your packages :lol: Oops..lol You look absolutely radiantly beautiful!
Thank you ladies!!! :)