MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

danirn16

I was happily on my way passing up this collection but stopped at MAC in Nordstrom today to "look around" and somehow ended up with Lavender Whip, Eclair and the peach Pearlmatte. There is no self control! In my defense the pearl mattes in this collection are really soft and have a beautiful sheen.

Yazmin

I asked my store to set aside 4 LW with my order - so if anyone's looking for one, let me know otherwise I'll release (most of) them when I pick up my N&M order on Thursday.

elegant-one

Sorry in advance for the horrible pictures. Before I got married the UPS man delivered my packages! I have on RS lipstick, Eclair, and Mooncake.
I read that as - you married the UPS guy that delivers your packages
lol.gif
Oops..lol

You look absolutely radiantly beautiful!

KrystalAnne

I love Lavender Whip! I really liked Pink Popcorn, but I like this one much more. I want a backup but I know I don't need it. I'm trying not to back up these things. I feel like such a lipstick whore. I keep falling in love with all these lipsticks at first sight on my lips and then move on to the next one. I have to convince myself not to get another, but with this being cremesheen, I know I'm going to go through it faster than a matte/satin/amplified.

I still haven't tried on Raspberry Swirl.

Here's LW on.

Copperhead

I love Lavender Whip! I really liked Pink Popcorn, but I like this one much more. I want a backup but I know I don't need it. I'm trying not to back up these things. I feel like such a lipstick whore. I keep falling in love with all these lipsticks at first sight on my lips and then move on to the next one. I have to convince myself not to get another, but with this being cremesheen, I know I'm going to go through it faster than a matte/satin/amplified.

Here's LW on.

Oooh, it's nice on you! I can't wait to get mine. Did you put a liner with it or is that straight LW?

kissy89

Here's LW on.

Wow that looks really nice one you!!!!

Copperhead

I don't have a liner on with it, it's just LW. :)
What liners are you thinking of pairing it with?
I'm going to try anything I have that's in the purple family to see what works best. NYX Prune, NYX Purple Rain, MAC Magenta, MAC Nightmoth, Milani Purple Veil.

KrystalAnne

I'm going to try anything I have that's in the purple family to see what works best. NYX Prune, NYX Purple Rain, MAC Magenta, MAC Nightmoth, Milani Purple Veil.
I don't really want to change the color of LW &I don't have any liners that match it. The only purple I have is Heroine. I will try that and see how it looks, because I imagine it'll look nice anyway. I don't have many liners..

Here's Raspberry Swirl on it's own.

This might sound silly but I feel really girly with this shade on. It's very pretty. The boyfriend complimented me on it too, and I usually have to ask "Do you like this lipstick?" before he says anything about it.

On a side note -- posting pictures on here has brought to my attention that my face is so awkward. The left and right side don't match. One of my eyebrows has an issue, I feel like I always look like I'm giving someone the Rock's eyebrow. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

erine1881

I don't really want to change the color of LW &I don't have any liners that match it. The only purple I have is Heroine. I will try that and see how it looks, because I imagine it'll look nice anyway. I don't have many liners.. Here's Raspberry Swirl on it's own. This might sound silly but I feel really girly with this shade on. It's very pretty. The boyfriend complimented me on it too, and I usually have to ask "Do you like this lipstick?" before he says anything about it. On a side note -- posting pictures on here has brought to my attention that my face is so awkward. The left and right side don't match. One of my eyebrows has an issue, I feel like I always look like I'm giving someone the Rock's eyebrow. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?
My brow does that too. I can raise it independantly and tend to do it without realizing it. It's ok tho. Brows are sisters, not twins. :)

Copperhead

I don't really want to change the color of LW &I don't have any liners that match it. The only purple I have is Heroine. I will try that and see how it looks, because I imagine it'll look nice anyway. I don't have many liners..

Here's Raspberry Swirl on it's own.

This might sound silly but I feel really girly with this shade on. It's very pretty. The boyfriend complimented me on it too, and I usually have to ask "Do you like this lipstick?" before he says anything about it.

On a side note -- posting pictures on here has brought to my attention that my face is so awkward. The left and right side don't match. One of my eyebrows has an issue, I feel like I always look like I'm giving someone the Rock's eyebrow. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?
Wow. Silly is very pretty on you too! No you're not the only one with that problem. When I'm doing my brows I have to oftentimes remind myself that they are sisters, not twins. LOL.

Prettypackages

So, I have to retract my earlier claim that I would only haul Eclair for myself. I finally opened and used my Rosy Romance MLB from Apres Chic and I love how it felt on my lips, so I ordered Sweet Tooth and Cheery Cherry.

NOW that is all I will haul from this collection (CPs notwithstanding).
you went this long without trying it? They are awesome

Genn

BAHAHAHAH I had to watch it after that. Why is she enunciating so hard? I like watching the videos of the swatches because it gives a better idea of the finish, but I have a hard time listening to her.
Ummmm.... in the video for the ED collection did she say Blazing Oat?!?!
I really like her but I hate how she enuciates her G's. It took me quite a while to figure out what it was about her voice that was off to me.

ChosenOne

BAHAHAHAH I had to watch it after that. Why is she enunciating so hard? I like watching the videos of the swatches because it gives a better idea of the finish, but I have a hard time listening to her.
Ummmm.... in the video for the ED collection did she say Blazing Oat?!?!
I haven't had a chance to watch the video, but if she did say "oat" then she's actually pronouncing it correctly
smiles.gif
Many people just say "hot" or "hoat" (not a word, I know, lol), but when "haute" is pronounced correctly, it sounds exactly like "oat." It's a French word meaning fashionable or stylish (I think...any actual French speakers, please correct me if I'm wrong). I never say it that way when I'm talking to people though since they tend to look at me funny, haha

Copperhead

I haven't had a chance to watch the video, but if she did say "oat" then she's actually pronouncing it correctly
smiles.gif
Many people just say "hot" or "hoat" (not a word, I know, lol), but when "haute" is pronounced correctly, it sounds exactly like "oat." It's a French word meaning fashionable or stylish (I think...any actual French speakers, please correct me if I'm wrong). I never say it that way when I'm talking to people though since they tend to look at me funny, haha
LOL! I just listened to the pronunciation at dictionary.com and he says "oat". I'm glad I know now. LOL.

ChosenOne

LOL! I just listened to the pronunciation at dictionary.com and he says "oat". I'm glad I know now. LOL.
Omg those online dictionary pronunciations crack me up! I don't know why...must be something to do with how clearly they enunciate random words not connected to a sentence. They can be very helpful though!

ForeverJenn

I love Lavender Whip! I really liked Pink Popcorn, but I like this one much more. I want a backup but I know I don't need it. I'm trying not to back up these things. I feel like such a lipstick whore. I keep falling in love with all these lipsticks at first sight on my lips and then move on to the next one. I have to convince myself not to get another, but with this being cremesheen, I know I'm going to go through it faster than a matte/satin/amplified.  I still haven't tried on Raspberry Swirl.  Here's LW on.
it looks gorgeous on you! :eyelove: