MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

Genn

yahoo.gif
.....I just ordered Jo Malone Sugar & Spice Collection.It is finally available here
pompom.gif

I got Redcurrant & CreamandLemon Tart!!!

The SA described Ginger Biscuit as very sweet and christmas-esque and Bitter Orange & Chocolate as
"Messino-Orange-cookie-esque".
Initially I was interested in Ginger Biscuit but I don' t need a Christmas cologne for spring and summer and too sweet
scents do often smell strange on my skin.
And the SA knows me (my likings) well and did not recommend both to me.

I cannot wait to get them!!!
I got the same ones and I sent Lemon Tart back. I did not like it at all. I love Redcurrent and cream. I exchanged LT for Ginger biscuit. I hope I like GB better. I wish there was a way for me to smell these before I buy them but there isn't. I was super curious about the gooseberry one but I hadnt seen any reviews on it.

peachsuns

yahoo.gif
.....I just ordered Jo Malone Sugar & Spice Collection.It is finally available here
pompom.gif

I got Redcurrant & CreamandLemon Tart!!!

The SA described Ginger Biscuit as very sweet and christmas-esque and Bitter Orange & Chocolate as
"Messino-Orange-cookie-esque".
Initially I was interested in Ginger Biscuit but I don' t need a Christmas cologne for spring and summer and too sweet
scents do often smell strange on my skin.
And the SA knows me (my likings) well and did not recommend both to me.

I cannot wait to get them!!!
Great haul! Hope you'll get them soon!
cheerleader.gif

I love your SA's description of Ginger Biscuit and Bitter Orange & Chocolate. I love sweet smells.
yummy.gif
girlhaha.gif

I should order Sugar & Spice collection soon!
yahoo.gif

3vins

I got Redcurrant&cream, and elderflower&gooseberry today, both lovely :) I'm a Jo Malone addict :)

MACina

Oh no,really???
ssad.gif

I hope that you will like GB better!

Same here....I cannot try them before I purchase any and do always have to rely on the recommendations.
So far I have always been lucky and liked all the colognes.

I am glad that you like R&C
pompom.gif

These scents all sound delicious, but do they have lasting power?

LavenderPearl

Oi vey, catching up on this thread was like going on a rollercoaster! The model's makeup in the promo is gorgtastic, but overall I'm pretty meh about the collection. The colors and product finishes aren't really my style. That being said, my tentative list is still $100.50 pre-tax -__- Although this is me being generous to myself, so that on the very off chance that I actually love everything listed here I won't feel as bad about getting it all. xD

Devil's Food L/S --> Maybe, depending on how metallic it is.
Eclair PLWPP --> Uhm, sounds gorgeous! If it's glittery though, I'll skip.
Fancy Frosting PLWPP --> I don't have a white base, so this could be interesting.
Lavender Whip L/S --> Maybe. This is one of those things I want to try so I don't end up having crazy obsessive skippers' remorse. Definitely a try-on.
Mooncake PLWPP --> Another one that sounds totally lovely!
Raspberry Swirl L/S --> Pretty sure this is a no, but it's here because I'm being overly indulgent. >>

I think I'm most excited for the PLWPP. Mainly because I only have one neutral one right now (Idyllic <3), and I ended up not buying any of the ones recently added to the perm line when I had like six in mind. But even then, I'm not really that hyped about anything. |:

cr8zy4MAC

i am pretty sure that I will just be getting both of the pearlmattes and Lavender Whip. II think II will have to do some fancy footwork to even bee able too wear Lavender Whip, but it just looks so cool,, I just have to give it a try!!

kimibos

i think im going to skip this one now. i havent been into makeup lately. i may just get lavender whip but im ok if i miss on it.

MACerette

I am not sure what I'll get yet. The Pearlmattes and Eclair are 99% sure though. I have painterly paint pot and bare study and to be honest, I am not a fan of the latter. It doesn't cover enough for me. That's why I am not keen on the shimmery paint pots. Dangerous cuvée sounds great though. I'll probably wait until I see swatches and then decide.

In For A Treat YES
Pink Buttercream YES
Lavender Whip YES
Eclair YES
Raspberry Swirl maybe
Fancy Frosting maybe
Mooncake maybe
Dangerous Cuvee maybe
Devil's Food maybe (probably not)

MACina

My Jo Malone order is here
pompom.gif

I love both colognes
th_e2cloud9.gif
....they are sooooo delicious!

Fresh, fruity and sweet....just the right mixture for me
bigheart.gif

And the SA sent me (large
icon_eek.gif
) samples of "Earl Grey & Cucumber" and "154" along with my Sugar & Spice goodies!

MissTT

I tried to go to the Jo Malone counter at Nordstrom the other day, but there was sooooo much fragrance in that section (may have been other brands as well) that I couldn't get a sense of how anything smelled. I had to bolt outta there!

ocean286

I'm interested in seeing what the lippies look like and maybe the Pearlmatte powders...everything else is kinda meh to me...

martiangurll

I got Redcurrant&cream, and elderflower&gooseberry today, both lovely
smiles.gif
I'm a Jo Malone addict
smiles.gif
ooh, I want to smell that redcurrant one and I love almost anything with elderberry. Any idea where I can sniff IRL? I love the idea of the Ginger cookie one i theory, but in real life my skin amps ginger like gangbusters and it will make me sneeze uncontrollably.

Back OT, these pearlmatte powders are starting to grow on me, I think I getting past the old thymie look of the design/pattern. I really hope we get swatches so I can decide which one I want/

Latest posts