MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

kimibos

Yes, I like that little twist to them. But I already have the regular versions of them and since they're so pricey I'm skipping.
ohh im sad already have the 129 too, maybe the eye one only, but then i would feel weird only having one with a blue ferrule, like a damaged child in my collection lol been blue all by herself.

BuickMackane

For the love of the invisible pink unicorn, those brushes are to die for!
eyelove.gif

Thank you Naynadine
flower.gif

BeautyByLele

I think the brushes are regular size because I looked back at the original post by Mac-Guy and the price quoted is for the full size brushes. I think I might just get the 252 Large Shader brush I like that brush. I was thinking about getting a back up 252 so I might as get this fancy one with the colored ferrule. I think this collection will be a small haul for me.

LW
brush
maybe 1-2 paintpots

erine1881

Is Rose pigment a permanent item? 
Yup! But rose isn't in this collection.
How do you think the white paint pot will effect the look of shadow? I mostly use bare study and painterly which don't seem to alter the shade at all.  TIA
It'll give the true colour of the shadow, just more vivid.
Whoopsie... 
girlhaha.gif
I don't know, I thought the the 129 would be regular size but it looks like a SH. And what about the ferrules? Are they really blue?? Anybody getting them? 
     ME if  they are regular size,with the blue ferrules. they  look sooo cool. 
I think the brushes are regular size because I looked back at the original post by Mac-Guy and the price quoted is for the full size brushes.  I think I might just get the 252 Large Shader brush I like that brush. I was thinking about getting a back up 252 so I might as get this fancy one with the colored ferrule.  I think this collection will be a small haul for me. LW brush maybe 1-2 paintpots
They're both the regular full-sized brushes.

ForeverJenn

Looks like lavender whip still remains on my must have list , while everything else is kinda meh' . I'll wait for swatches of devil's food, (I love dark lips), and maybe just maybe ill get the 129 brush just because I think it looks cool... I love the color of the nail polishes but never purchased any from MAC. Are they any good? I'm so over nail polish that chips the next day, ugh..

Debbs

So loving both brushes......but already own them (hopefully I can get them sold and substitute them with these new ones). I have had my paint pot fix recently however Mooncake will be mine. Small haul here but pretty collection nonetheless

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by OctoberViolet
Thank you, Detective Naynadine. Question. None of those the lispticks sound right to me. No lavender whip? No Devil's Food? Am I misreading this? I do love the promo pic. I may just get the Pink Buttercream pearlmatte and skip everything else.

They have a lot of things listed wrong. They list things not in the picture, such as
MAC bright lip gloss
Budding Love
Best of Breed
Force of Love
I'd get Budding Love and Best of Breed (already have Force of Love), but that's not what's supposed to be coming out in the collection.
And while the nail polish colors are mentioned in the promo at the beginning, they list different colors.

The collection photo shows what Mac-Guy put up in the original color story, however. So, unless there has been some huge snafu, i would expect what we already heard about. It may be that whoever wrote the article didn't get the whole color story and is guessing.

lilinah

My shopping list has changed only a little with the photos:

Lavender Whip Lipstick - yes, please, and a BU
Devil's Food Lipstick - probably not - looks reddish and i have enough plum reds.

Glacé Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm - Creamy pale baby blue - fer sure, fer sure!
Sweet Tooth Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm - Creamy lilac - also definite
Cheery Cherry - may add this one, if the pink isn't too bright
I really like the Mineralize Balm i have and will definitely use more.

Fancy Frosting Pro Longwear Paint Pot - Frosted white - may add this one
Mooncake Pro Longwear Paint Pot - Warm beige - maybe not - in the photo it's too warm for me
Eclair Pro Longwear Paint Pot - Light chocolate with gold pearlized pigments - probably...

Reflects Transparent Teal Glitter - i have Reflects Blue from Chenman so will skip this one.
Pink Glitter - Bright pink - it looks rather plum in the photo - IIRC, these are not for the eyes - could be an interesting touch on the lips.

In For A Treat Pearlmatte - Champagne base with matte coral flowers and mint leaves
Pink Buttercream Pearlmatte - Light silvery pink base with dark pink flowers and periwinkle leaves
I'm still in for both, even if they look like 1950s chenille bedspreads - it's how they look on my face that matters to me.

Pink Rebel Lustre Drops - Blue pink with gold pearlized pigments - i may add this one

I'm holding off buying nail polish. My nails keep doing weird things. Just when i think they've all grown out to the same length, one breaks off or a tip of another splits into layers. Grrrr. So i'm trying to figure out how to make them behave. Plus, I have essie Lapiz of Luxury, which is a nice periwinkle, and a couple mint greens and teals already.

BuickMackane

Quote: Originally Posted by lilinah

I'm holding off buying nail polish. My nails keep doing weird things. Just when i think they've all grown out to the same length, one breaks off or a tip of another splits into layers. Grrrr. So i'm trying to figure out how to make them behave. Plus, I have essie Lapiz of Luxury, which is a nice periwinkle, and a couple mint greens and teals already.

Do you use strengteners or nail oils? My nails are very prone to splitting into layers too and they help a lot. And I always wear nail polish - a single day with bare nails and they all split like crazy.

duckrodeo

I'm just eyeing Raspberry Swirl and maybe Lavender Whip will join it. I like Pure Decoration, too, but I think Reel Sexy has me covered in the peach department. Maybe the Lustre Drops will come home with me, too!