MAC Bangin' Brilliant: Lipstick collection (2016)

OctoberViolet

I went to my MAC store today at Union Square. They didn't have too many of these lippies, but I did manage to get Dew & 4Eva.:catdance: I was only charged $17.00 for one. I asked when they would be getting the others in and the sales girl said she wasn't sure. Guess I'll wait until they are online to get a few more.

Myth

Can't wait for this! I wonder how In The Spirit compares with Hautecore?
Haha I remember so many YouTube reviews complaining Hautecore was Satin and not matte as MAC claimed. They were right but I thought Haurecore looked great on a lot of them lol. I think In The Spirit will be a true matte black and it will be amusing to see the reviews. It's cool that MAC did listen to their customers though

Veronika23

I just got an update from someone at MAC. The collection is called POP and it's a shade extension. 29 lipsticks, 5 blushes and maybe 15 eye shadows? All perm and some new some re promotes! :) It should have launched in July but they moved it up and some stores have them, some don't yet and they are waiting to receive the shipment for online.

Tarabotti

I went to my MAC store today at Union Square. They didn't have too many of these lippies, but I did manage to get Dew & 4Eva.:catdance: I was only charged $17.00 for one. I asked when they would be getting the others in and the sales girl said she wasn't sure. Guess I'll wait until they are online to get a few more.

I got Mind Control (from Brooke Candy) and Punk Couture (missed it the first time). The MAC on Columbus Ave. (near Lincoln Center) had most of them all so I will go back and get some more.

lilinah

These are really all perm?!?!?!? Whew! I am so broke this summer 'cuz of the traveling i'll be doing. Now i don't have to rush out and get the ones i like and switch between eating nothing and ramen every other day. I've got over a dozen of them on my wish list - the greens, blues, and purples. That periwinkle is really calling me (i do have Butch from OCC, but when they separate i find it hard to get them to re-mix). And i'm also looking at the golds and dark browns.

leonah

I just got an update from someone at MAC. The collection is called POP and it's a shade extension. 29 lipsticks, 5 blushes and maybe 15 eye shadows? All perm and some new some re promotes! :) It should have launched in July but they moved it up and some stores have them, some don't yet and they are waiting to receive the shipment for online.

pretty please mac, bring back bamboo eyeshadow (samoa silk, tete-a-tint, etc too if you could) and all the other eyeshadows that we lost too soon lol

GlamQueen21

I am so happy about the shade extension for MAC! I am going to be B2Ming for them soon!! Also I wonder what blush shades are being added to the permanent range.

CrimsonQuill157

Like everyone noted, they're perm.

However, check your receipts. They're the first with this year's price increase- $17.50. The rest will be going up in August. Sigh.

Picked up Lavender Jade, the white, and the periwinkle.

MAC is gonna have to watch their lipstick price increases with Urban Decay launching that new line of lipsticks that are $17 a piece. Now I will certainly get one of those before I'll get a MAC. Yes it's just fifty cents... but it's the principle of it for me.

thefbomb

i need another blush like a hole in the head but I'm excited to see what's perm now. I'm REALLY trying to use stuff up so I think I'll wait until I finish at least 1 of the ones I own now.

I want the blue, white and grey lipsticks but I don't think I'll get much use out of the blue & grey. I think I'm going to wait until I have some b2m stuff. I almost have enough for one item

DarylandCarole

I'm with you re: the mattes. I know that they're popular right now but a) I have a ton of them, and b) they don't look so good on me if they're a light color. I'm all about Amplifieds and Creamsheens now, but I can also make Satins and Frosts work if they're the right color. I certainly will give a lot of these Frosts a try!

Interesting to see so many frosts. Personally I wish there were a few more satins/amps - I'm bored of matte!

As far as I can tell most of these are new, with a few interesting repromotes. Lots of people will be happy to see Lavender Jade back I think, and Mangrove. Surprised that Gold XIXI is coming back so soon - not that there is a date for this yet.

flowerflower

Punk Couture- Deep blackened grape
In My Fashion- Darkened chocolate brown
Designer Blue-
High metallic deep ocean blue
In the Spirit-Pure Black
On and On- Deep purple with blue pearl
Model Behaviour- Clean violet with blue pearl

This is my list- dark, vampy, gothy colors. Cant wait to see what On and On looks like.

Myth

Wow even Dominic was caught off guard lol
I'm not taking any chances re: perm/not perm. As soon as POP launches I'm grabbing everything I want lol

stirfryedshana

I actually have a Pop Fall Collection written down in my MAC folder from pics someone had posted a few months ago. Although the lipstick shade names I have written down are Poesia Sky, Thrown Shade, and Parisian Nights and I do remember there were swatches going around. They were two purple shades (a deep purple and a taupey purple shade) and a perwinkle, so maybe they were renamed?

MAC_Fafinette14

I saw some of the shades out at my local MAC!

After extensive swatching and testing, I'm definitely planning to B2M for Dew and Lightly Charred. Both of those lippies are absolutely gorgeous! Dreampot is adorable but does not work on me, and I'm more curious about the frosted shades of dark blue/purple/violet. 4Eva looks a smidge warmer and darker than Lavender Jam from Bite's recent collection, and I'm happier with the cooler tones in the Bite shade.

Red Rock is a clean, bright maraschino cherry red that looks almost neon. I have some similar shades, though, so I'll pass on that. Dew is an unusual shade that I can see working for a wide range of skintones, and Lightly Charred takes on a slight purplish tone on me and looks like a twist on a nude lip.