MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I wish Mac would make this available for everyone. Remember Lightfully Bright? At first it was supposed to be an Asia exclusive collection but they also launched it worldwide I think. Keeping my fingers crossed.

We didn't get Lightfully Bright in Germany. I don't know about the rest of Europe, but I thought it was only available in the US. Hopefully we get to see this collection over here, if these are new shades I don't want to miss out.

antsmarching

That makes a lot of sense, Christine is a huge fan of green shadows and that name, I think, was one of the ones she picked for her "April Fool's" collection.
This is why I'm hopeful that the blogger collection is not repromotes. Anyone in the Mac marketing department who has an internet connection can tell which products would make good repromotes. Asking beauty bloggers for their input has value because they're generally very well versed in where there are holes in the Mac line-up and where they could stand to improve.
I'm pretty sure it's all new products, the article said the bloggers got to formulate their own shadows or lipglass based off something of their own. Christine is based off an vintage earring, Lily Nima from Beauty Maverick her lipglass is a bright coral based off a image, Patrice Yursik from Afrobella her lipglass is a purple for "women of colour" based off purple rain, its called All of my Purple Life and and the last one shown is Amber Katz from Beauty Blogging Junkie her shadow looks like a sparkly brown based off the Valley of the Dolls book cover.

The collection called Bloggers Obsessions will be available June 21st and its an online exclusive collection.

OctoberViolet

Thank you, antsmarching!!! I can't wait to finally see some photos of this collection. I'm digging the "All my Purple Life" lipgloss and I don't like lipgloss, but I want to see it and see swatches.
dance.gif

LMD84

I wish Mac would make this available for everyone. Remember Lightfully Bright? At first it was supposed to be an Asia exclusive collection but they also launched it worldwide I think. Keeping my fingers crossed.
the uk never did get lightfully bright :( which sucked!

panther27

Thank you soooo much for the info antsmarching!I'm very excited.btw I love your profile pic,it's adorable!

Rezel

Oh, I guess it was only launched in Asia and US then. I thought other countries got that collection also.

katred

Specktra Bestie

Hello antsmarching and thank you very much for the information! That sounds like a really wonderful idea for the collection. It's funny, because I'm now super-excited for the "All My Purple Life" gloss... I seem to frequently get really excited for products that are geared towards women of colour, which is funny, since I'm a woman of almost no colour at all. I just tend to like really intense, saturated tones... And purple. I love purple. That and the green eye shadow sound like they might be interesting. Brown shadow and another bright coral lipstick? I'll wait and see, but that doesn't exactly have me watering at the mouth...

banana1234

i hope we get this in the uk, it doesnt make sense otherwise, these bloggers reach a world wide fan base not just the us and asia!

ladyarwen

Ooooh, a bright coral lipglass? I think that one has my name all over it, as well as the green eyeshadow.

shontay07108

Well, it looks like I will be hauling everything from this collection. I'm calling it right now. :lol: Unless I see swatches that convince me otherwise, I will buy everything and think about it later. I can't take chances since it's online only and most likely will only be available through the Mac site, correct? Yeah, I'm all over it. The green shadow and coral lipglass especially.

OctoberViolet

Katred, you had me laughing when you said "I'm a woman of almost no colour at all." because I'm the same as you. I do love WOC cosmetics because they are usually more pigmented and they usually have darker purpley coloured stuff that I love.
heart2.gif

Hello antsmarching and thank you very much for the information! That sounds like a really wonderful idea for the collection. It's funny, because I'm now super-excited for the "All My Purple Life" gloss... I seem to frequently get really excited for products that are geared towards women of colour, which is funny, since I'm a woman of almost no colour at all. I just tend to like really intense, saturated tones... And purple. I love purple. That and the green eye shadow sound like they might be interesting. Brown shadow and another bright coral lipstick? I'll wait and see, but that doesn't exactly have me watering at the mouth...

panther27

^^ antsmarching said that it will be released on June 21,according to Nylon magazine.And yeah,I do agree that pro online shouldn't get first dibs on this.It should be online June 21st for everyone.