MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

ahhhttack

I'm loving this collection! It honestly seems more unique to me than anything MAC has done recently. I'm definitely getting at least 2 of the shadows and 2 of the glosses. I'll probably end up getting more too as I see more swatches. MAC has been underwhelming me a lot lately (I got 4 things from Surf Baby, and that was the most I've bought from a collection in a long time), but this has lots of promise!

shontay07108

I can't believe karen's gloss is so sheer, though. Even on her it's like, you might as well use a clear gloss :dunno:. I'm glad semi precious isn't really for me because of the mineralized products. So I don't have anything to really save for. I might get a lipstick, gloss and a brush. That's a big maybe, though. On the funny side, Christine just reviewed a shadow similar to hers from la mertier de beaute and I think I might prefer that one. :lol:

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
IF I can get my hands on it, I wonder what would be the best choice, Budding Beauty lipgelee oder Karen's lipglass.
hmm.gif

Rezel

Okay, Hocus Pocus looks nice. I'm planning to get Silver Ring and if they're similar, I might try to get my hands on HP. If I can't, then SR will have to do.

Face2Mac

I can't believe karen's gloss is so sheer, though. Even on her it's like, you might as well use a clear gloss
th_dunno.gif
. I'm glad semi precious isn't really for me because of the mineralized products. So I don't have anything to really save for. I might get a lipstick, gloss and a brush. That's a big maybe, though. On the funny side, Christine just reviewed a shadow similar to hers from la mertier de beaute and I think I might prefer that one.
lol.gif

girlhaha.gif

UrbanSweetheart

I can't believe karen's gloss is so sheer, though. Even on her it's like, you might as well use a clear gloss
th_dunno.gif
. I'm glad semi precious isn't really for me because of the mineralized products. So I don't have anything to really save for. I might get a lipstick, gloss and a brush. That's a big maybe, though. On the funny side, Christine just reviewed a shadow similar to hers from la mertier de beaute and I think I might prefer that one.
lol.gif
really??? *goes to check*

xasperadastra

le metier one is a forest green, christine one is mmmm really different, it's almost a petrol green with a bit of shimmer...it's a darker darker version of the green peacocky eyeshadow!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Yes, it probably is...

BTW Christine has updated the post and added the finishes of the e/s, hers is a Veluxe Pearl.

mtrimier

saw the afrobella post mentioned in the WOC thread and if that purple is like my long discontinued "hot stuff" plush glass (but darker and with no glitter and no sting), i am getting more than one. oh yes i am. lol!

honybr

I'll for sure be getting Christine's shadow and Afrobella's lipgloss. I haven't really gotten many purple lip products from MAC since I don't like lipstick, so the purple lip glass is right up my alley.

I am worried that a) the website won't be able to handle the traffic that day and b) they've made far to little product and everything will sell out before the email even goes out which seems to be the trend lately.

Don't screw it up MAC.

ETA: I just read on Afrobella's blog that it will be available for 6 weeks, so surely MAC had to make enough product to last that long...

TeresitaMC

Those are some of my same thoughts about ER :D

I will probably get Karen's lipglass as well, it's kinda tame, but it sounds like it has a lot of really cool pearl colors in it and very sparkly, and I like that it's versatile! I'm wondering if it will be a bit like that one sheer orange lipgloss from To the Beach with the teal sparkles in it...? That would be really awesome!
btw, Temptalia stated in her comments section that she is undecided if she will swatch the whole collection.

Lisianthus

I just read Christine's "inspiration" behind her eyeshadow.
th_roll1.gif
Holy Barbara Cartland! What kind of cheesetastic, Harlequin romance novel rubbish has this girl been reading?!! The awful "inspiration" really puts me off the shadow. Thankfully, some of the other bloggers seem to have their inspiration rooted in reality. Karen's is very nice.

mtrimier

th_roll1.gif
Holy Barbara Cartland! What kind of cheesetastic, Harlequin romance novel rubbish has this girl been reading?!! The awful "inspiration" really puts me off the shadow. Thankfully, some of the other bloggers seem to have their inspiration rooted in reality. Karen's is very nice.
i couldn't read her inspiration/description submissions. my brain just refused.

LMD84

now i have left the dust to settle my thoughts are still the same nearly 12 hours later. big dissapointment. i wanted to see duo chromes from people - all the colours are rather boring to me :(

liba

th_roll1.gif
Karen's was the best, hands down - most heartfelt and wisest. She must be a real sweetheart. I hope her gloss is like a new Flurry of Fun!