MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

thursdaynxt19

I think I am skipping this collection, but maybe more swatches will convince me otherwise
smiles.gif

greatscott2000

I'm glad that this collection is coming out and I can't hate anyone who gets this kind of recognition and opportunity! Who knows, maybe Specktra will have this kind of opportunity in the future!
That being said, I'm looking forward to swatches! Especially the lippies as I'm not an eyeshadow fiend.
Yay Bloggers!

Pinkdollface

Wow i was just looking at Temptalia's post about her shadow and i saw she replied to every comment! That must have been a lot of work. I think it's really sweet of her to let everybody know much she appreciates the comments. I really like her shadow, but i'm still mad at mac because this isn't international. Maybe i will give in and hope some of the nice girls on here will do a cp for me. I don't have interest in any of the other shadows or any of the glosses at this point. I expected a lot more unique colours.

Alisha1

Does anyone know if and when this collection will be released in the UK?

I'm getting Caqui, Sonoran Rain, Evolution Revolution, Sparkle Neely Sparkle, Jealousy Wakes and maybe All of My Purple Life

Alisha1

Wow i was just looking at Temptalia's post about her shadow and i saw she replied to every comment! That must have been a lot of work. I think it's really sweet of her to let everybody know much she appreciates the comments. I really like her shadow, but i'm still mad at mac because this isn't international. Maybe i will give in and hope some of the nice girls on here will do a cp for me. I don't have interest in any of the other shadows or any of the glosses at this point. I expected a lot more unique colours.
this isn't international???? :'( I'v just fallen for Sonoran Rain and Jealousy wakes though :(

LMD84

Does anyone know if and when this collection will be released in the UK?

I'm getting Caqui, Sonoran Rain, Evolution Revolution, Sparkle Neely Sparkle, Jealousy Wakes and maybe All of My Purple Life
because they only picked american bloggers it is only for those guys which kinda sucks :(

cutegingerbread

I have just caught up on this thread! I'm a bit underwhelmed by the collection honestly just because I feel like I have lots of makeup lol My surf baby purchase proved that after I only got 2 things and can dupe both in my collection (short shorts and sweIl baby
th_wallbash.gif
)

However, I think the idea of this is AMAZING! It's so exciting to see the beauty community recognized in its impact on sales and makeup overall. I'm really proud of the bloggers chosen that were able to choose their own personal shades. I hope that this is like a test and that there will be more collections like this in the future.
pompom.gif

By the way, I agree with you ladies and LOVE Vex eyeshadow. Also, those that love tendertones, Jack Black has these lip balms (Temptalia raves about them) that are even more moisturizing than tendertones. I love them and highly recommend!
love.gif

shontay07108

[quote name="xasperadastra" url="/forum/thread/174878/mac-bloggers-obsessions-discussion/300#post_2125044"] le metier one is a forest green, christine one is mmmm really different, it's almost a petrol green with a bit of shimmer...it's a darker darker version of the green peacocky eyeshadow!
[/quote] I'm not saying they're dupes or anything, but the other one is more my type, personally. Christine's is pretty, and I want to want it because it's her, but that other shadow is really sexy to me:)lol:). I can't wait to see the final version of Christine's shadow. Oh and looking at it again, it does remind me of Odalisque from Peacocky. That was one of only about 3 shadows from that collection I didn't buy. So, we'll see. [quote name="Lisianthus" url="/forum/thread/174878/mac-bloggers-obsessions-discussion/300#post_2125057"] I just read Christine's "inspiration" behind her eyeshadow.
th_roll1.gif
Holy Barbara Cartland! What kind of cheesetastic, Harlequin romance novel rubbish has this girl been reading?!! The awful "inspiration" really puts me off the shadow. Thankfully, some of the other bloggers seem to have their inspiration rooted in reality. Karen's is very nice.
[/quote] :lol: Oh, wow. That's brutal. I didn't really read her inspiration. My attention span only allowed me to read that she thought Mac didn't really have a true emerald green. I did read most of Karen's inspiration and I thought it was sweet. She does seem like a cool chick from her videos that I have seen. That's why I can't go in too hard on her for coming up with a color I have no use for, it seems. I'm just thanking the make up fairies that no one came up with anything in the Bust Out, Spitfire, Up the Amp, Violetta family. :yuck: I am so over it.

keijukainen

Sorry if these were posted already:
http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/2011/05/31/nitrolicious-x-mac-bloggers-obessions-collection/
http://www.afrobella.com/2011/05/31/afrobella-for-mac/

I love 2046 and really like the sound of the lipglass. Not sure if she's wearing the final shade in the mirror pic but it looks a little more orange-red than I was expecting. Maybe it's the yellowish light, idk?

I wish Afrobella had better pics of the actual lipglass! It looks quite purple on the wand and tube but I wanna see it on her lips too!

I really like Sonoran and Jealousy Wakes too. Is there a swatch of Caqui yet?

keijukainen

For Afrobella: Is that the color on her lips when she's swatching the shadows?
Nothing escapes you, does it?
lol.gif
It's got to be it. She's not wearing anything on her lips in the previous pics and suddenly there's this purple color although who knows if it's the final shade.

mckpoon

oh wow... i think i might just have to get everything while i have the chance then figure it out later!
=P
(but i really want All My Purple Life and Christine's e/s)

luvlydee

im only interested in seeing Caqui and Sonoran Rain. which ever of these looks more orange i will get.

the green shadow that christine made looks pretty but i know in reality that I'm not going to use it. I have a couple of greens like humid and juxt and ive never worn it out til this day.
nope.gif

Lisianthus

lol.gif
Oh, wow. That's brutal. I didn't really read her inspiration. My attention span only allowed me to read that she thought Mac didn't really have a true emerald green. I did read most of Karen's inspiration and I thought it was sweet. She does seem like a cool chick from her videos that I have seen. That's why I can't go in too hard on her for coming up with a color I have no use for, it seems. I'm just thanking the make up fairies that no one came up with anything in the Bust Out, Spitfire, Up the Amp, Violetta family.
yucky.gif
I am so over it.
If she had only stuck with the bit about MAC not having a true emerald green, it wouldn't have been so cringe worthy. I agree with all the ladies that have said that Karen seems lovely. You can imagine youself spending an afternoon with her and having a really great time. I've always thought Christine comes off as taking herself a little too seriously.