MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

shontay07108

Just throwing it out there: I wonder how close all my purple life is to purple rage or so this season. I think I'll skip it because like I said before, I am purpled out. I've decided I'll definitely get temptalia's shadow afterall. Why not? It's pretty and all things considered, I actually like her. I don't consider this a throwaway collection that mac wanted to throw in to hold us over. I think it's a cool concept and it really could've been more but, there were individuals coming up with shades that they wanted for themselves. I'm glad they had the opportunity and for some, I'm sure he bloggers reached their expectations, but for a make up hoarder like me, it's meh. I won't trash it because I would've loved the opportunity myself and for some, like Karen, it seemed personal. You win some, you lose some.

xasperadastra

in my opinion this is an experiment..MAC couldn't invest too much on doing a lot of products, and if the experiment goes well maybe those blogger or some of them will create something new in the future!

silentstorm143

I just want Christine's eyeshadow if I can grab one of those then I am a happy camper :) the rest for me is either boring or not my cup of tea but green eyeshadow so getting ordered

rockin

Karen has posted pictures of herself wearing combos of different lipsticks/liners with her Evolution Revolution

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/mac-makeup/12-ways-to-wear-mac-evolution-revolution-lipglass

Piarpreet

I cant find swatches of anything but soronian rain and that jealousy one :( I have never been in any other blog but temptalia and can't seem to navigate well enough lol

Rezel

Was so excited to check out the color story when I got home from work only to be underwhelmed by what I saw. At first, the only thing that caught my eye was Karen's lipglass but after seeing her swatches, it's a no for me. It looks pretty on the tube but it's too sheer. I already have a lot of sheer, sparkly glosses. I would've also wanted to see a little more variation, color-wise especially with the lipglasses. Based on the promo images, it looks like there are three reddish coral glosses (a red, coral-red, and orange). I mean, they asked 80 bloggers to submit their ideas and they managed to pick three similar colors of lipglasses? The eye shadows aren't that exciting also. Oh well, I guess I'll have to see more swatches before I completely dismiss this collection. Then I'd have to move mountains just to get my hands on these if ever I change my mind because I'm not from North America. Great job, Mac!

Almost black.

Karen has posted pictures of herself wearing combos of different lipsticks/liners with her Evolution Revolution

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/mac-makeup/12-ways-to-wear-mac-evolution-revolution-lipglass
Great ideas! Too bad I'm not a liglass girl :)

internetchick

I am suprised that I kind of like this collection. I am pretty sure I want Parisian Skies and Jealousy Wakes eyeshadow, but I doubt I will pick up any lip glass since I am not a fan of it.

Rinstar

I would have made a red/orange e/s with gold duochrome.

That would be sick. I'll probably get Christine's e/s and Karen's lipglass. I'm really only buying Karen's lipglass because I love her to death. I don't LOVE the color, but I know I'll use it.

openexpression

I cant find swatches of anything but soronian rain and that jealousy one :( I have never been in any other blog but temptalia and can't seem to navigate well enough lol

You can click the links beside the name of the blogger in Temptalia's colour story and that takes you to the respective bloggers' blog. The only ones who have stories/swatches up are: Evolution/Revolution, Hocus Pocus, Sparkle Neely, Sparkle, and Sonoran Rain.

MissTiffany2U

I think I want all of the lipglasses and 2 of the eyeshadows... Hocus, Pocus and Sparkle Neely, Sparkle. MAC should do this every year, let different beauty bloggers have the opportunity to create a collection

queen_kitty

Christine's eyeshadow is so stunning! I am definitely getting it :) I like that it's an emerald green but with an almost duochrome teal look to it, I wonder if it does have a gold in it as well. I will probably get Karen's lipglass as well, it's kinda tame, but it sounds like it has a lot of really cool pearl colors in it and very sparkly, and I like that it's versatile! I'm wondering if it will be a bit like that one sheer orange lipgloss from To the Beach with the teal sparkles in it...? That would be really awesome!

Sparkle Neely, Sparkle looks to have glitter chunks in it, which isn't really me, but it's a bit too red of a brown for me anyways, so that's okay :) Hocus Pocus looks pretty, but I'm curious how it compares to Silver Ring, if it's a few shades darker and just as pigmented, it's coming home with me! Silver Ring is my go-to crease color for purples, and I can't believe I once lived without it ;) Parisian Skies sounds pretty, I'm looking forward to a swatch! Of the lipglosses Caqui most interests me, I have become one of those coral obsessors, help! Sonoran Rain is really gorgeous, but I think I will leave that lovely color to women like Shontay that will really rock it! It's just not something I see myself using enough since I'm pale. But that doesn't make me really want it any less...

Some of you might be dissapointed in colors, but I am really enjoying hearing all of the stories behind the colors, I mean how cool is that? I would never want to put down something that sounds so intensely personal. It is so interesting reading all about their inspirations and journeys with their colors! I especially love how much dedication Temptalia had with with her eyeshadow, she really wanted to get it right for her fans, and that's something to be seriously admired. What a great blogger she is, definitely one of my favorites! I am a bit dissapointed that we don't get 5 eyeshadows though, it think it would have been good to have an equal number of lipglasses and eyeshadows in the collection.

mtrimier

i liked the swatch of ravishing with ev/rev, but i have enough glosses to get a similar effect. Hocus Pocus could be interesting, but i need to see more swatches of that one. Sonoran Rain looks nice, but it's one of those colors i know would just collect dust in my collection. sparkly neely was not interesting at all to me, i'm browned out at the moment, so now i'm just waiting for swatches of all my purple life, caqui and parisian skies. i'm iffy on t's eyeshadow. i can't remember the last time i even wore a green shadow. maybe 2004/2005? (o_O)!

2browneyes

I do enjoy hearing the stories behind the new shades.....just a lil disppointed that they seem so been there done that.

Face2Mac

Does the green eyeshadow remind you of one off (starflash)? I am disappointed that these colors aren't super unique
Yes, a darker version of it but I think she should have thrown a bit more gold but I like still and will probably get it.

Can't wait for final swatches but in reality I know this is going to be in limited quantity and that makes me fearful that I will be able to get anything online. So I am pulling my excitement factor back.

UrbanSweetheart

^^^ I agree =\
I'm starting to feel a lil' iffy about this collection, only because Semi Precious is around the corner and nothing in this collection seems too unique to me yet.....swatches might change my mind though =P