MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

shontay07108

[quote name="kimbunney" url="/forum/thread/174878/mac-bloggers-obsessions-discussion/1860#post_2135249"] What foundation do you have on Shontay its so flawless! I love HP on you!!! So beautiful!
[/quote] Thanks! Make Up For Ever Face and Body. My favorite! :D It's light to slightly medium coverage, though. Water based and light. I go back and forth between that and Make Up For Ever HD(when I want more coverage).

GlamQueen21

Shontay!!! You look so gorgeous!! Your skin is amazing!! Wish I got Hocus Pocus since I don't own any greys that are similar to that.

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
What did I say about a lazy day routine? Yeah I got HP blended on the lids and caqui on my lips. I am waiting for my brows to grow back in after a recent mishap and I am just not in the mood. It's been one of those mornings.
I ended up wearing HP today too. I wore Dalliance all over, HP in the outer V and Ego on the middle part of the lid. Two co-workers complimented me on my eyes today. I wish I had tried it with French Quarter. I also want to try it alone on the lids. Maybe tomorrow.

UrbanSweetheart

1 more day until my package arrives..... (HP, JW, AMPL)
I'm too impatient for this
th_mad0217.gif

Icecaramellatte

Since I can't get HP, can someone compare it to the family crest? thanks in advance!
I just swatched the two colors on my hand. Unfortunately, I just lost my camera so I can't take pics. To my eye, Family Crest is darker and is more sparkly. It is a charcoal with obvious gold sparkles. In some light, Family Crest has a plummy tint to it. Hocus Pocus has a lighter gray base with a golden sheen as opposed to sparkles. In some light, it has a green tint to it. HTH!

sss215

I just swatched the two colors on my hand. Unfortunately, I just lost my camera so I can't take pics. To my eye, Family Crest is darker and is more sparkly. It is a charcoal with obvious gold sparkles. In some light, Family Crest has a plummy tint to it. Hocus Pocus has a lighter gray base with a golden sheen as opposed to sparkles. In some light, it has a green tint to it. HTH!
thanks! this helps :)

hoshiakari_

I really like how JW looks over a black base, but it doesn't even look like itself anymore!
girlhaha.gif

I think a bit darker and it would have been a beautiful smokey eye. ^_^

mtrimier

son of a biscuit eater! i was just now sitting down and thinking "what am i missing. i am forgetting something." my black box! (>.<)
i got held up from working out and when i got home had to eat fast and go back out, and am just now sitting down and remembered my mail! sheesh.

i'm off to rip into that mo fo.

mtrimier

(OT: i had QVC on and the kardashian girls were on, kim and khole? [the one that's not married to the basketball player, whichever one that is] and i thought, damn. i like them in pictures only. quiet time for you ladies!)

tv aside and now that i no longer look like a dysfunctional traffic light with different colored shadows on my lids, here is what i thought:

(btw I tried all of these with no base.)

Jealousy Wakes: I immediately thought "Christmas green". It didn't feel as smooth as the other three shadows, either. Dunno. This one is more teal/blue green than green on me, but if I layer it, it turns pan color. It will have to grow on me.

Sparkle Neely, Sparkle: This was classy to me. I just felt like it is really going to be good for work and brown smokey eyes. Just a nice neutral with a little sparkle to add to my collection. I had a tiny bit of fall out from the gold glitter, but nothing major. Easily wiped away with a finger. One and done shadow.

Parisian Skies: My first thought was "This is delicate.". It is more gray than blue on my lid, and just delicate. It is just very dainty to me. I can't see myself wearing another color with this, unless it's a brow highlight or something. I just like it all by itself. Another one and done.

Hocus Pocus: This one is stealthy smokey sassiness. It is also a one and done and just sophisticated to me. Just a great all purpose color to have. It reminded me of a cross between Sweet Sienna pigment and Smoke & Diamonds. I like the subtle multicolor shimmer in this one.

Now for the glosses I got:

All of My Purple Life: I was skeptical this would work. Really, reeeaallly skeptical. I put it on and maaaaan! This one is what I wanted Bust Out and Jampacked (Cult of Cherry) to be. The blue cancels the pink in my lips and it's just a glorious purple. (On my lips it looks like the side panels on Specktra. That purple.) I don't even want to try this with other lipsticks I like this one that much. It snuck up and kneecapped me.

Evolution Revolution: This is a good everyday gloss. I think it will really be better layered over colors. I might try this over Everhip or any of my nude or pink/peach lipsticks. I could get a second one just because it's a good neutral, slap something on color, but still versatile for layering without totally changing a color too much.

Caqui: Shawty. What.
I put this on and my brain went "Get thee a tube of MUFE #40 right now!". This is orange. There is no questioning the inspiration. It is a persimmon. A glorious orange, I want to bite the hell out of it persimmon. I need another one of this color. It's so flattering on and I am just in LOVE with this one. I want to sleep with this one on, but I'd wake up looking crazy, and my pillow would probably think I was really into it(when we both know that's not true). I heart this color so hard I went all southern-speak when I put it on. Seriously.

And that is my rambling review of what I have. I am contemplating Sonoran Rain and nitrolicious still. Who knows? Maybe they'll hitch a ride later, but for now I am pleased with everything so far and am off to depot the shadows and put them in a quad, and pet Caqui some more.

hoshiakari_

Glad you enjoyed your goodies, Mocha! :D
I'm so jealous you got AMPL but I'm happy you do! ^_^
You're making me want PS now.
girlhaha.gif

I was hoping the color would turn out a bit more gray than blue and hearing that makes my heart go pitter patter.
Decisions, decisions.

foxxylatina07

Awesome congrats girl!!
pompom.gif

So I was saying to the ultrasound guy that I hoping for a girl diva and he said,"I don't know, nope, it's a boy". He then said, "well maybe it's a gay diva", I started singing Gloria Gaynor "I will survive", we all laughed. But I am just excited just for a healthy baby.

Thank you guys for the celebrating with me. A Specktra baby, indeed.

UrbanSweetheart

Now for the glosses I got:

All of My Purple Life: I was skeptical this would work. Really, reeeaallly skeptical. I put it on and maaaaan! This one is what I wanted Bust Out and Jampacked (Cult of Cherry) to be. The blue cancels the pink in my lips and it's just a glorious purple. (On my lips it looks like the side panels on Specktra. That purple.) I don't even want to try this with other lipsticks I like this one that much. It snuck up and kneecapped me.
what did I tell you guuuurl!!! I told you don't be scurred!!! lol! So glad you like it! tomorrow, it'll be mine :D

peachsuns

Elegant, LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures! The eyeshadows looked beautiful! Your photos make me want to order some more. LOL. Thank you so much for sharing!
bouquet.gif

Shontay, you look incredible!!! Wow!
heat.gif
Hocus Pocus and Caqui look stunning on you!
thud.gif
I'm sad I missed Hocus Pocus. Hope MAC will re-promote this shadow soon!

Shontay and mtrimier, you girls make me so happy that I'll get Caqui tomorrow! I cannot wait!
yahoo.gif

shadowaddict

Shontay---Gorgeous!! Those colors were made for you.

Hoshiakari--Love that look. You have beautiful eyes and this color really shows them off.

singer82

I havent been able to keep up with this thread so I just kinda skimmed. Everyone looks amazing in thier pics! Shontay do you ever not look gorgeous?!
FacetoMac congrats on the baby!!!
th_thstars.gif
bouquet.gif
That is so exciting!

Got my box today!
Evolution Revolution- It's so pretty! It really is a great everyday color. Cant wait to layer it over some pinky and nude lipsticks, and Ever Hip!
Jealousy Wakes- So prettyfull!! It's the green I've been hoping for! Cant wait to use some green bases and have it pop out even more!
Parisian Skies- Perfect for a soft smokey eye. Smooth and very blendable. I'm excited to try it out with Hint of Sapphire from SP and my cornflower piggy

I wish I would have gotten Hocus Pocus! But what can you do? Still contemplating on maybe getting Sonoran Rain. Hopefully it will stay around for a while.