MAC Blue Nectar June 2nd/ June 9th 2016

Sweetyellow

12545258_1564053923911818_1637674632_n.jpg

I found this on Google and I thought I'd share. If you have Antique Velvet or Deep Love lipstick, you can wear Riot House in the center for a really pretty ombre look.

iqaganda

I was thinking... Yesss! More repromote stuffs I can pass on this.. So when I saw more matte and amplified lippies.. Oh boy.. I'm in trouble!!

MACluvin

Before swatches I had Breathing Fire, Invite Intrigue and Intoxica on my list but they look so similar to lipsticks I already own. Sometimes I feel like MAC just re-names their lipsticks lol! Intoxica reminds me of Damn Glamorous and Im sure I have something similar to BF and II. With that being said, I think I might be skipping this collection.

Sweetyellow

I've managed to narrow down my list for this collection and I intend on just picking up - Ablaze, Intoxica, and Breathing Fire.

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

:roflmao:Allie, I think you need Heroine after seeing it on (oh so lovely) Honi! ;)
Heading over to T's now to look at swatches...UD or MAC? UD or MAC? That is the question...lol

ETA: Yup! If I get one it will be Barbecue!
#teambuyallthereds...

Somehow I missed this the first time around. Barbecue is a fantastic red! I got it with the Toledo collection...it will look great on you! It definitely has some orange to it like what we wanted from NARS DND.

Definitely pulls more magenta on darker complexions... On u it should be more violet... It's pretty blotted down as it is rather shiny, atleast mine is :)

Thanks for the info! I may need it. :rolleyes:

OctoberViolet

I narrowed my lipsticks for this collection. Since there are so many other collections coming and money is tight. I already have two Heroines and I think I have enough dark purpley purple lippies for the time being. We'll see what might jump into my cart though.

Lured In- mid-tone pastel purple (amplified)
Intoxica -bright raspberry red (matte)

Vineetha

Intoxica & Breathing Fire

Breathing Fire
DSC_0410.jpg

Intoxica (Love this one)
DSC_0411.jpg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• DSC_0422.jpg
    DSC_0422.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 722
Last edited:

fur4elise

Somehow I missed this the first time around. Barbecue is a fantastic red! I got it with the Toledo collection...it will look great on you! It definitely has some orange to it like what we wanted from NARS DND.
No worries :tee: I think Heroine is so pretty but it is too cool toned for me.

Yes, I agree, I think BBQ has more orange (warm) and is a bit more saturated than Vermillion Vee.
I still love the consistency & feel of DND...more of a true red.
mac_barbeque004.jpg mac_vermillionvee005.jpg nars_donotdisturb005.jpg
BBQ vs. VV (Courtesy T...chuckling at the rhyme!) vs. DND

GreenEyedAllie

No worries :tee: I think Heroine is so pretty but it is too cool toned for me.

Yes, I agree, I think BBQ has more orange (warm) and is a bit more saturated than Vermillion Vee.
I still love the consistency & feel of DND...more of a true red.
View attachment 54399 View attachment 54400 View attachment 54401
BBQ vs. VV (Courtesy T...chuckling at the rhyme!) vs. DND

Did not realize quite how similar they are...now I'm questioning whether I need VV after all. My DND had to go...it kept feathering like whoa. It's a shame because it is a very very pretty color, and I love the feel of the product.

lipstickaddict

:cloud9: I cannot wait to place my order!! I will probably get one back up of each colour I order.

What are you getting? I think I may B2m for some of these ( in the past it hasn't been a problem) because otherwise, at 21 dollars a pop this could get out of control really fast! Lol

fur4elise

Did not realize quite how similar they are...now I'm questioning whether I need VV after all. My DND had to go...it kept feathering like whoa. It's a shame because it is a very very pretty color, and I love the feel of the product.

I so do not regret VV because of the packaging...also it is my first MAC lippie after "the great purge." Now the I have worn it a few times and not had any type of reaction (chapping, flaking, peeling, etc.) I am not afraid to buy some more. ;) Plus, I do love how it pulls more coral on me. I have yet to wear DND for a full evening out...but will be sure to line my lips.
Now, I may hold on getting BBQ as I am after lusting some of the UD Vice reds! (Crash, Bang & F-Bomb...
:rofl:exactly the order of events when something goes wrong in my world!)

stirfryedshana

Looking at T's possible dupes, seeing an entire list of colors I already have, and still wanting it anyway - me with Ablaze

To be fair I lost both Toying Around and Watch Me Simmer. But I do have Toxic Tale which looks pretty much the same. Yet I still want it.

Marsha Pomells

Looking at T's possible dupes, seeing an entire list of colors I already have, and still wanting it anyway - me with Ablaze

To be fair I lost both Toying Around and Watch Me Simmer. But I do have Toxic Tale which looks pretty much the same. Yet I still want it.

After seeing the dupes, my list has gone from 6/7 to 3... I'm just gonna concentrate on the purples.

Vineetha

Intoxica :cloud9:
Thanks for the swatches, Buddy!
intoxica is gorgeous! The rest of the shades are kind of what we have seen types! Both the pinks are very similar to some of the past launches like have your cake ! so yeah you need intoxica buddy :D

Vineetha

Do I need them???
Intoxica in the only one I really liked! The pinks are pretty but Very similar to some of the pinks from recent launches! Courting one is too pale but could be a mixing shade! Lured in swatched nice too but that was the only shade that sold out!

Latest posts