MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
Petticoat isn't really metallic on my skin because mine has a nice decent amount of veining. I am still unsure if I would like them because I wouldn't like them if they are as shimmery as Shroom is.
th_dunno.gif

edit: Shroom isn't really shimmery I think sheen is the better word.
smiles.gif
It has an odd sheen under my eyebrows that I don't like.
greengrin.gif

I've been seeing a lot of tuts where the girls put the really shimmery shades right underneath the brow, right against the hairs and then work another not so in your face shade as the rest of the highlight. Maybe this way you might find love for your Shroom....

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
How the F can you have too much MAC, that's just crazy talk!!!!!!
th_crazy.gif

nope.gif
th_confused_new.gif
shockt.gif
th_crazy2.gif
smash.gif
omg.gif
devil.gif
iagree.gif
...one can never have too much MAC
mac_addict.gif
*high fives clslvr6spd*

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
I have the Redhead and Blonde MSFs and the texture is incredible - smooth and easy to blend. Soft too. Maybe even too soft? I did a light tap with my 187 brush and the powder dissolved and went all over the compact. The same thing tends to happen with my NARS blushes..

great job, MAC!

I've noticed that as well - a bit disconcerting as you feel like you've wasted - not one, but two or three applications with your actual one application. Which always means you'll run through these faster than you think!

It must be that they use less ingredients to bind these products due to the manufacturing process.

Actually, doesn't NARS pride themselves on this very fact of less fillers? ...or is that some other cosmetic brand?

Hmmm?
th_dunno.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Thanks guys, he is so sweet. He knew our new budget is killing me slowly so he stopped by the counter today to feed my addiction. It was as if I was sitting on a corner with an empty pipe, shaking and vomiting and someone stopped to give me some crack.

I was so happy I almost peed myself. After I opened it and put it on I told him I should probably get a couple more items. He just shook his head and walked off. Whoops!! Guess I killed the moment. I'll give him a big hug later!!

th_thstars.gif
pompom.gif
cheerleader.gif
th_happy1.gif
<-----doin the Happy Dance for ya!

man those smileys are hard to look at
lol.gif

Sparkle & Shine

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie and I'd appreciate a little bit of help
smiles.gif

Could anyone tell me if the Dame Edna 'Possum nose pink' l/g & the BBR 'Strawberry blonde' l/g are almost the same shade or are they quite different? To me they look almost the same but I haven't seen them in person...

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
TamEvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
heart.gif

Girl please...

Where you at?

(no smileycons exist to express the above sentiment)

Loving your new avatar...I thought people were supposed to gain weight over the holidays...God knows I have...you look so thin???

And I know - it's not the Whitney Houston Diet that's soooo popular right now!
tong.gif

You look so happy!

He's a cutey! Who he?
Mmmmmmm...Momma!
cutey.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamEva Le Fay
Girl please...

Where you at?

(no smileycons exist to express the above sentiment)

Loving your new avatar...I thought people were supposed to gain weight over the holidays...God knows I have...you look so thin???

And I know - it's not the Whitney Houston Diet that's soooo popular right now!
tong.gif

You look so happy!

He's a cutey! Who he?
Mmmmmmm...Momma!
cutey.gif

lmao.gif
heart.gif
When are you going to move to the East coast to be my best friend? lol I think I HAVE gained weight, but thanks for the compliment! LoL this is the boy thats been around for almost 3 years, just a small separation for the past.....several months. Anyways we're back together...Im sure he'll appreciate the compliment as well (he's in the mirror more than me
th_rolleye0014.gif
) Stop disappearing TamEva we MISS YOU!!!
grouphug2.gif
dance.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Your welcome doll.

This one is just for fun, and I have elegant-one in mind when i post this:

Click to make it bigger, you will notice something pretty funny. Its the product of my bf being bored at work.
My response was: you got it wrong, my chest is not that small!
His response was:I don’t have the time to create that many pixels…. Noone but god does.
lmao.gif

lol.gif

My chest is NOT that small either
tong.gif
.....but the rest is pretty accurate
th_LMAO.gif

GlamYOURUs

rbella bless your heart and your hubby's! He is one GREAT MAN.

Mine wants me to sell most of mine but keep the ones I use most frequently. lol
ssad.gif

coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I applied redhead and blonde msf yesterday...I think u have to use the right brush with these because sometimes, when I just use a regular blush brush and no blush underneath the MSF, it comes out looking...like nothing on me?

Which brush/blush do you use with the Blonde MSF? I have it and I feel like it doesn't really do much for me even though I'm blonde. It seems really shimmery too, more so than So Ceylon, which I don't really like. I use the 182 cause that's the only decent face brush I have! Maybe I should get the 165?

clslvr6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
nope.gif
th_confused_new.gif
shockt.gif
th_crazy2.gif
smash.gif
omg.gif
devil.gif
iagree.gif
...one can never have too much MAC
mac_addict.gif
*high fives clslvr6spd*

Damn Straight!!! MAC is the other man in my life!!!
winks.gif

TamEva Le Fay I missed you darling!

elegant-one

Quote:
Damn Straight!!! MAC is the other man in my life!!!
winks.gif

I agree - with both!

we love TamEva
winkiss.gif

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
Which brush/blush do you use with the Blonde MSF? I have it and I feel like it doesn't really do much for me even though I'm blonde. It seems really shimmery too, more so than So Ceylon, which I don't really like. I use the 182 cause that's the only decent face brush I have! Maybe I should get the 165?

If you can, try and get the 187. It is my favorite brush for MSFs
smiles.gif

In fact, A MAC mua once told me the 187 was originally designed to be used with MSFs - can anybody confirm this?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle & Shine
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie and I'd appreciate a little bit of help
smiles.gif

Could anyone tell me if the Dame Edna 'Possum nose pink' l/g & the BBR 'Strawberry blonde' l/g are almost the same shade or are they quite different? To me they look almost the same but I haven't seen them in person...

No, they are not alike. PNP is a light orange/pink/coral with lots of shimmer. SB is darker - a pink red...like a strawberry.

HTH

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Purrtykitty!

Hey...did you get your goodies yet, or did I miss your post????

I did get my goodies, and sadly my order was not messed up. Oh, well - can't win 'em all.
nope.gif

Rbella you are so loved! Between your dear hubby and your friends, I'm so glad you got some stuff from BBR!
heart.gif

Blind - you are so freakin' gorgeous...you now have me crossing my fingers that Brunettes will show up at CCOs along with the shadows I want (I already spent my moneys for this month
ssad.gif
).

And finally, my dear Adina - you look fabulously gorgeous as always! I had a hard time finding your boobage in that dress, though!

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I did get my goodies, and sadly my order was not messed up. Oh, well - can't win 'em all.
nope.gif

Ratz!!! LoL!
th_LMAO.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
If you can, try and get the 187. It is my favorite brush for MSFs
smiles.gif

In fact, A MAC mua once told me the 187 was originally designed to be used with MSFs - can anybody confirm this?

yup yup!
yes.gif
confirmed! iirc, it first came out fall '05 with gold play. it included the MSFs in stereo rose, porcelain pink, shimpagne, gold deposit, metal rock and new vegas.

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:

I missed you all, too, very much!
blush-anim-cl.gif

Next time I take a sudden hiatus...just assume I'm dead in a ditch somewhere and call the authorities!
th_rolleye0014.gif

You all are like family!

Have to say, though, I'm still having bugaboos with the new Specktra site!
th_confused_new.gif

I have to get off my tookus and email Janice as soon as I'm able to articulate, exactly, what's wrong. I have a whole laundry list!
ssad.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
yup yup!
yes.gif
confirmed! iirc, it first came out fall '05 with gold play. it included the MSFs in stereo rose, porcelain pink, shimpagne, gold deposit, metal rock and new vegas.

Hey Erine!! Missed ya!! whats up ??? tell us some good Mac stuff...
th_DANCE.gif