MAC By Request discussion

duckrodeo

no way... and pre-sale?  they might be one of the people who got their order cancelled for ordering 25 lipsticks!! what if they don't even get them and the buyer is dropping $100 per item? nah..no.:nono:
That's what I'm wondering! There aren't "actual" pictures of course, either. Well, PayPal should reimburse those that are forking over the dough for them, and the sellers will probably just make their way to different accounts if the negative ratings show their dishonest side.
I just went to the only CCO I know of around here (NJ) and they didn't have it. |: I thought Blessedly Rich would be a dupe, but it's really not. I'm a n00b so I don't know if I quoted that properly xD Here's hoping!
I'll have to swatch and compare when I get home, but I'm almost certain Rich & Witty lipglass is similar to Social Lite. I'm not positive, but I'll look into it later tonight! I love Social Lite, too and only have one!

Odelia

Less than 2 hours to go!
cheerleader.gif

Still not 100% certain what I will end up with. I wonder if the l/s restocks will go up when the l/g is released. I did so well resisting them on Monday!
thud.gif

EndingStart

Crying and kicking myself that I didn't pick these up as soon as I got the email... not so much CYY - I only wanted that as a collection piece, I doubt it would have looked any good on me. But I really really wanted Moxie!! Oh well. Definitely picked up Rocker. It's fab

califabulous

Are you talking about Candy Yum Yum? Look at how pretty she looks with it on. Doesn't look like she put on a whole lot of it but the right amount to look so nice on her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PNqJvi-duA&feature=plcp
yea CYY. i love Tia's vids and yes the color is awesome on her. I loooooove pinks.. all shades I just thought CYY was soooo bright that it wouldn't work for me. I thought Moxie was somehow darker and more like girl about town---which I haven't bought because I wanted something brighter...go figure! I really wanted quick sizzle but I was too slow for that one. I think too much about make up purchase. I've been working on my "just buy it already!" mentality
clap.gif
that's how i got myself to order moxie! lol
girlhaha.gif

rockin

For anyone who wants a comparison pic of Candy Yum Yum with the 2 closest Barry M shades, here is a pic of (from left to right) CYY, Barry M 52 and Barry M 62

Copperhead

yea CYY. i love Tia's vids and yes the color is awesome on her. I loooooove pinks.. all shades I just thought CYY was soooo bright that it wouldn't work for me. I thought Moxie was somehow darker and more like girl about town---which I haven't bought because I wanted something brighter...go figure! I really wanted quick sizzle but I was too slow for that one. I think too much about make up purchase. I've been working on my "just buy it already!" mentality
clap.gif
that's how i got myself to order moxie! lol
girlhaha.gif
Did you get Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon from the Apfel collection? I think these are close to Moxie and Quick Sizzle right? I know sometimes being close ain't good enough for us though. LOL. They just may re-stock Moxie though which would be a good thing.

Knope2012

Are you talking about Candy Yum Yum? Look at how pretty she looks with it on. Doesn't look like she put on a whole lot of it but the right amount to look so nice on her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PNqJvi-duA&feature=plcp
She's gorgeous and that lipstick is great on her. I hope it looks as good on me, though I'm pretty pale. I'm addicted to all bright pinks though. I sort of wish I'd ordered Moxie, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get it. If I happen to find a restock, I'll get it though :)

neondust

It was a $100 yesterday, so I see they slowed the bidding down. Crazy, still has 3 days left!
This Mac's fault! It's like this with anything...Supply and demand It sucks..it really does for people who miss out on it because of the people with crazy orders, or that just want to sell it...BUT I can't say I blame them. If mac didn't try and do this LE stuff all the time, and made the real popular ones permanent they wouldn't have a chance to do this..MAC could be making the money. The customers would be more loyal as to not pay crazy prices...

HoneyMilk

I can now skip CoC and all lipglasses be ause I ordered the red illustrated bag! $39.50 for three products plus a bag... Or $15 for a lipglass that I am starting to HATE the texture of... No brainier for me! Now I just have to get moth brown and maybe guacamole and I'll be done for a bit.

bulbasaur359

In celebration of my CYY and the others being shipped I'm wearing Dear Diary today. It reminded me that I would've had bad skippers remorse had I not ordered CYY.

califabulous

Did you get Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon from the Apfel collection? I think these are close to Moxie and Quick Sizzle right? I know sometimes being close ain't good enough for us though. LOL. They just may re-stock Moxie though which would be a good thing.
Ha! right, never good enough! I didn't get anything from Apfel...too slow for that one too. i wanted both colors! I don't think I understood the "MAC way" until I kept missing out on great items. I also thought ah well they will release something else close in color so I'll wait and buy it from another collection. wrong. i missed everything!

mousygiggles

Now I just have to get moth brown and maybe guacamole and I'll be done for a bit.
Me too! I got the red bag and I have so many light lipglasses that I don't use. However, Moth Brown needs to come on home because I was broke as a joke when Barbie came out. So I am ready for shadow stalking to begin.

Copperhead

Ha! right, never good enough! I didn't get anything from Apfel...too slow for that one too. i wanted both colors! I don't think I understood the "MAC way" until I kept missing out on great items. I also thought ah well they will release something else close in color so I'll wait and buy it from another collection. wrong. i missed everything!
LOL! Yeah, a lot of us know about the "MAC way" now. Hahaha!!

KMQE716

Good news: My package was delivered today!!! lipsticks lipsticks lipsticks!!!

Bad news: the stinking UPS driver didn't even ATTEMPT to come knock on my door and deliver and took it to the apt. office and didn't even leave a notice

:(

So ill will bask in CYY-Moxie-Rocker glory tomorrow morning! lol