MAC By Request discussion

Christy0188

I think if the order was cancelled, you would know by now. I'm sure everything is fine, especially since you spoke to someone already. Just relax!
I think you are right girl... i think after hearing other people stories about order cancellations by MAC it just made even more paranoid LOL!
ohboy.gif
crybaby.gif
fingers crossed i get a tracking number soon
yes.gif
Thanks!

Christy0188

bummer.
i guess i'll be buying mine on ebay.
i voted everyday, waited a few months and apparently going to buy CYY when i got to work today was too late...because people bought 3...4....8 tubes a piece. now i'm a lipstick junkie since forever and mac addict since the mid 90's; but how the heck can you use more than 2 of the same color? answer: you can't. maybe in a professional capacity: i'm not a pro. would hope that if MAC were going to have such limited quantities available, they would actually limit the number people could buy so everyone who wants one would have a greater chance of having one. what do they care though. a sale is a sale. it leaves a bad taste in my mouth for marketing hijinks. it just seems selfish to hoard so many. but of course i'm feeding into this by buying on ebay, right? there's no winning.
i know i know. the wahmbulance. sorry if i offend anyone.

peace, love, and lippies, v.
ssad.gif
Aww im so sorry to hear this. I'm sure you can still find someone kind enough to sell you one for a reasonable price. e-bay is crazy.. and totally agree with you not fair :(

iheartangE

I get home from work and two of the lipsticks are already sold out?? I feel like that is ridiculous. They really should have stocked up for this! Especially given the popularity of Candy Yum Yum. I totally get how some people feel like this is a marketing scam. I work for the company but I don't always condone this type of behavior-MAC has so many beautiful aspects like the MAC AIDS Fund, all of their community support projects, Back 2 MAC and recycling...I just wish that a company that can be so progressive wouldn't play into the politics of the market.

Ah well...after all, it's just lipstick. I look forward to the 'next big things' in lipsticks, eyeshadows, and color collections!!

:)

Prettypackages

bummer.
i guess i'll be buying mine on ebay.
i voted everyday, waited a few months and apparently going to buy CYY when i got to work today was too late...because people bought 3...4....8 tubes a piece. now i'm a lipstick junkie since forever and mac addict since the mid 90's; but how the heck can you use more than 2 of the same color? answer: you can't. maybe in a professional capacity: i'm not a pro. would hope that if MAC were going to have such limited quantities available, they would actually limit the number people could buy so everyone who wants one would have a greater chance of having one. what do they care though. a sale is a sale. it leaves a bad taste in my mouth for marketing hijinks. it just seems selfish to hoard so many. but of course i'm feeding into this by buying on ebay, right? there's no winning.
i know i know. the wahmbulance. sorry if i offend anyone.

peace, love, and lippies, v.
awww I'm sorry... I know it is disappointing. (btw, I didn't get them either... ) but at the moment, I don't care. I have CYY and don't wear it, and I'm sure I have a dupe for Moxie.

OhSoJaded

I get home from work and two of the lipsticks are already sold out?? I feel like that is ridiculous. They really should have stocked up for this! Especially given the popularity of Candy Yum Yum. I totally get how some people feel like this is a marketing scam. I work for the company but I don't always condone this type of behavior-MAC has so many beautiful aspects like the MAC AIDS Fund, all of their community support projects, Back 2 MAC and recycling...I just wish that a company that can be so progressive wouldn't play into the politics of the market.

Ah well...after all, it's just lipstick. I look forward to the 'next big things' in lipsticks, eyeshadows, and color collections!!

:)
Truth. I get why people get so excited but it's really amusing to see how caught up everyone gets! You'd think life depended on all of this.

SOOOOO many things to look forward to this year!

andabri

I get home from work and two of the lipsticks are already sold out??  I feel like that is ridiculous.  They really should have stocked up for this!  Especially given the popularity of Candy Yum Yum.  I totally get how some people feel like this is a marketing scam.  I work for the company but I don't always condone this type of behavior-MAC has so many beautiful aspects like the MAC AIDS Fund, all of their community support projects, Back 2 MAC and recycling...I just wish that a company that can be so progressive wouldn't play into the politics of the market. Ah well...after all, it's just lipstick.  I look forward to the 'next big things' in lipsticks, eyeshadows, and color collections!! :)
I agree with you since MAC does this a lot. But this time seeing all the ebayers and how many they must buy with multiple accounts,not to mention regular buyers who buy multiples and want to sell them on blogsales, and then users who buy bu after bu (but for good reason!) i feel less inclined to blame MAC because how could they keep up with that number (and it seems like there are a large amount of resellers for this collection) unless they made tons and tons. This time my hate is a little bit on resellers as well, but at the same time i know people are just trying to turn a profit in this economy. Normally im not so opinionated about collections and things but i know quite a few people who were really wanting CYY bad, and i just feel sorry for them.

andabri

Truth. I get why people get so excited but it's really amusing to see how caught up everyone gets! You'd think life depended on all of this.

SOOOOO many things to look forward to this year!
I think everyone's so emotional because we stayed up stalking the site for two nights. Then when it gets released like a half hour later they disappear from the site, so people are unsure if it goes through. Then they are found with one working link, that Temptalia posts, and once she posts something you know the buying frenzy begins! So everyone's scrambling to buy, and we go to sleep in relief only to come back and discover people's orders were getting canceled without warning, especially after CYY sold out, which sent us into MASS PANIC!
th_WeAreDoomed.png

OhSoJaded

I think everyone's so emotional because we stayed up stalking the site for two nights. Then when it gets released like a half hour later they disappear from the site, so people are unsure if it goes through. Then they are found with one working link, that Temptalia posts, and once she posts something you know the buying frenzy begins! So everyone's scrambling to buy, and we go to sleep in relief only to come back and discover people's orders were getting canceled without warning, especially after CYY sold out, which sent us into MASS PANIC!
th_WeAreDoomed.png
Idk, maybe I'm not cut out to be a Specktrette, but the stalking last night was cahraaaaaazy. It was stressful just watching everyone stress out! It's all just really dramatic
th_dunno.gif

andabri

Idk, maybe I'm not cut out to be a Specktrette, but the stalking last night was cahraaaaaazy. It was stressful just watching everyone stress out! It's all just really dramatic
th_dunno.gif
LOL no I agree. I mean I'm new to specktra, but I've been on a few other makeup boards for years and years, and this collection was definitely one of the most dramatic releases in a long time from MAC, everywhere I was posting. But I think the rapid cancellations after sell out made everyone cray cray, including me, because even though MAC has LE after LE I don't remember that ever happening before.

Genn

I find it stressful and I didnt order any l/s i just want to be in the loop so I know what to expect for the l/g and shadows. I do find it odd that mac had fans voting for 30 days but only produced enough to last through one day of ordering.

mousygiggles

th_dunno.gif
I think a lot of it was in good run. It is like a scavenger hunt or geocaching for the makeup enthusiast. The hunt is part of what draws us all to LE if it is makeup, cars, antiques, vintage toys etc.

OhSoJaded

I really can't imagine that after all the voting, they would only produce enough stock to fulfill less than 24 hours worth of orders...eBay scalpers and people with multiple BU didn't really buy out the whole stock, did they?

admmgz

So I FINALLY received the email showing that my order has been shipped. I can sleep in peace now & get well rested...more stalking tomorrow night hehe

duckrodeo

LOL no I agree. I mean I'm new to specktra, but I've been on a few other makeup boards for years and years, and this collection was definitely one of the most dramatic releases in a long time from MAC, everywhere I was posting. But I think the rapid cancellations after sell out made everyone cray cray, including me, because even though MAC has LE after LE I don't remember that ever happening before.
In the past year that I've been stalking new collections and/or this board, I've never heard of orders being canceled, either. I've heard wrong items being sent, boxes being lost or delivered to the wrong address, orders being canceled/postponed due to items being sold out, but I have never heard of orders straight up being canceled due to the quantity being ordered.

I used to pay for my MAC orders with PayPal and I never had an issue, but it seems to be acting wonky in this launch. It wasn't until recently that I've been paying with other payment methods outside of PayPal (nothing against PP, just a different preference).

This collection is more of a commodity frenzy, plain and simple. It just sucks that no matter how it is sliced, there are still people that miss out on the item, and there are still scalpers earning a profit, because that's the commodity of it all.