MAC By Request discussion

califabulous

I have a few lip tars to get before they hit sephora and become super, super famous. And the gradual release is too much for me. I don't have any patience for it. So, Jete and Moth Brown on their release day and the lipsticks and what not later if still available. No biggie on those.
yea i get that. I love red on others, but I tend not to go for them myself so I didn't even look to rocker. I wonder if I will change it up for the marilyn collection...it's the ultimate sexy glam....can't pass that up can i? I really have to calm myself down when these new collections come out. But its hard to do with less than 24 hours to make a purchase!

CLO89

Yaay!! My lippies have shipped :) and I paid with PayPal!! I was so nervous after reading all the posts of PayPal acting up... I only wanted the lipsticks from this collection, but I look forward to stalking for the rest of you and continuing the ordering fun! (Though honestly, I am still not fully comfortable about my purchase until they are in my hands and are the correct lipsticks and are not melted... due to the Cali heatwave) THEN, I will rest at ease! :)

califabulous

I wouldn't compare Jete to Expensive Pink. Based on the one I have, it's more of a darker version of Naked Lunch swatched side by side. It's a nudey pink, maybe a pinch of mauvey tones. It has a gorgeous pearly sheen. No coral, orangey, reddish or coppery of Expensive Pink in it. (maybe a slight coppery like a nudey coppery pink -I'm not sure on that :D)) Not like Magnetic Attraction either. Closest e/s I have to Jete is Bare Minerals Bare Skin which is shinier and maybe a bit reddish-browner.

There's something about Jete, and I just can't wait to get another one. I hope it turns out the same as the one I have.
ok thanks. I am not good with colors and tones. I see one thing and its usually wrong! lol. I think i have a color in a nars palette that is similar to your description. i actually wore it over the weekend, loved it and talked myself out of jete...i think....
girlhaha.gif

Mac-Guy

the ladys like theres a limit of 4. im like ugh ok it doesnt state that anywhere. im like can u tell me where. cue music....
oh well when u hit add to bag it only lets u pick 4. im like well i placed 2 orders so i wouldnt know that. which is true.
but she didnt give a rats ass. im p'od =( staye up all those hours to get screwed!!

The policy is under the "ordering online" button:

Maxum Purchase Policy
We regret that we must limit orders to no more than four (4) units of any item with a maximum purchase of $500 per customer. If you have any questions please contact us at 1-800-588-0070 or via Email and we will be happy to assist.

Odelia

Idk, maybe I'm not cut out to be a Specktrette, but the stalking last night was cahraaaaaazy. It was stressful just watching everyone stress out! It's all just really dramatic
th_dunno.gif
It was fun stalking with everyone else last night. It made the wait a whole lot more entertaining! I'm almost certain that everyone who was on last night got their orders done before most in North America lol.

Makes it a bit less stressful in a way. You at least know for sure someone will yell out on here the instant things get released.
heart.gif

peachsuns

So sorry that some of your orders got canceled. That made me sad. Too bad MAC would not know who is buying the items for their own use or for the profit. Hope any Specktraette who's order got canceled will get their goodies soon.

I ordered one CYY and two Moxie last night. My order is still pending.
tumbleweed.gif

To celebrate CYY, I wore CUTiE quad on my eyes, Sakura MB on my cheek, and CYY on my lips today. It was a cute spring like look.
greengrin.gif
I really like CYY. On me, it looks like a lighter Quick Sizzle. I love bright lips. They make me very happy.
eyelove.gif

bulbasaur359

We regret that we must limit orders to no more than four (4) units of any item with a maximum purchase of $500 per customer. If you have any questions please contact us at 1-800-588-0070 or via Email and we will be happy to assist.
That's the qualifier right there. I guess it's per person not per order so if they catch on then you're in trouble. It sucks for those who are buying for a non-profitable reason such as cp's. But, if it deters evilbayers that's probably why they do it. Anyone who got their orders cancelled and weren't evilbayers, I am sorry that they are giving you a hard time.

texasmommy

Mine is still pending (ordered 1 CYY with standard shipping). I'm not too stressed but I really really really want the lipglass and e/s I plan to order... I think the lipsticks are probably the most wanted items from BR, but who knows.

Yazmin

I ordered last night and paid for second day shipping. While I haven't received an e-mail confirmation of shipment, my order does show it is being shipped and I have a tracking number.

singer82

So sorry that some of your orders got canceled. That made me sad. Too bad MAC would not know who is buying the items for their own use or for the profit. Hope any Specktraette who's order got canceled will get their goodies soon. I ordered one CYY and two Moxie last night. My order is still pending.  :tumbleweed: To celebrate CYY, I wore CUTiE quad on my eyes, Sakura MB on my cheek, and CYY on my lips today. It was a cute spring like look. :D I really like CYY. On me, it looks like a lighter Quick Sizzle. I love bright lips. They make me very happy.   :eyelove:  
CYY does the same to me! It always makes me feel happy for some reason. It's the neon pink aspect I think. It's not like any other bright lippy I own. I kinda regret not getting a bu. I just don't wear it as much as I used to when i first got it. My lips have been peeling lately so I haven't been wearing it much. How do you get that quad to work? I have issues with it. I finally got my hands on nyx milk, would that help?

Miss Dynamite

Well hopefully there won't be all these problems with the lipglasses since the colors are nothing special...I'll just be happy to get my backup of Bait.

usmcwife27

ive never even see that button!!

duckrodeo

That's the qualifier right there. I guess it's per person not per order so if they catch on then you're in trouble. It sucks for those who are buying for a non-profitable reason such as cp's. But, if it deters evilbayers that's probably why they do it. Anyone who got their orders cancelled and weren't evilbayers, I am sorry that they are giving you a hard time.
Indeed! From my experience I'm glad to see that MAC is trying to get a hold on the scalping/ebaying, even if it does lead to consequences for those who have no intention of profiting. From MAC's standpoint, I completely understand that mass quantities is still mass quantities and that has the potential to lead to scalping. It sucks that ebayers still have their own system to get away with multiple items, but I'm proud of MAC for showing that they're working on shrinking the scalping, even if it's not perfected. I really don't think there is a way to eradicate it completely, but I'm sure that there were other canceled orders out there in MAC Land that meant canceled ebay listings.

usmcwife27

Indeed! From my experience I'm glad to see that MAC is trying to get a hold on the scalping/ebaying, even if it does lead to consequences for those who have no intention of profiting. From MAC's standpoint, I completely understand that mass quantities is still mass quantities and that has the potential to lead to scalping. It sucks that ebayers still have their own system to get away with multiple items, but I'm proud of MAC for showing that they're working on shrinking the scalping, even if it's not perfected. I really don't think there is a way to eradicate it completely, but I'm sure that there were other canceled orders out there in MAC Land that meant canceled ebay listings.
well that lady who has about 35 CYY at $69 a pop on ebat and sold almost all of them sure didnt get caught =/

duckrodeo

well that lady who has about 35 CYY at $69 a pop on ebat and sold almost all of them sure didnt get caught =/
Yeah, she probably has multiple accounts and credit cards in each of her cats' names! lol idk, just throwing frivolous ideas out there.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I don't think MAC can do anything about this, other than putting a limit on how many products you can order from them.

Odelia

It's more annoying that people actually buy them! Why would they stop selling on ebay when it's obviously so worth it for them?
angry.gif
As long as there is demand, sadly...
And as long as it's profitable, ebayers will make sure to find other ways around the restrictions that MAC is trying to enforce more strictly now.