MAC Collections and How You Shop Them.

lara

I just pick and choose from each collection. If it's a good addition to my kit, then I buy it. If I'm treating myself to some personal make-up, then I buy what I'm drawn to.
smiles.gif

llucidity

I'll just pick and choose whatever I like from each collection. I skip l/g, l/s, and blushes most of the time. They dont vary that much anyways.

AudreyNicole

I buy bits and pieces of each collection. I have yet to pass on one completely since I started my MAC addiction. I haven't gotten anything from Avant Gold yet, but plan to get one of the matte MSFs. I am starting to buy things that I KNOW I will wear, and not necessarily because it looks great on someone else. As my collection grows, I can find things that I already own that are similar to the new stuff so I know what I can pass on. I NEVER buy repromoted permanent stuff, cause I know I can get it at any time. I got alot from A Muse (3 lippies, 2 fluidlines, 3 MSFs) and expected to get alot from Technacolor but only got 2 shadows, 1 liner and 1 plushglass. I liked more colors in the technakohls and plushglasses, but I only got one of each to make sure I would actually use the product. Now that I know I like them, I will go back and buy the other colors that I like. Minimizes me returns that way.

pugmommy7

a little of both. I skipped the plushglass train, but went wild with technacolor es'.
I got the msf's that looked good on me, but skipped shooting star b/c it was too dark.
got a bunch of patternmaker-based solely on how it looked on me, even though i really liked the collectable compacts.
only got turquatic es from turquatic...and so on like that
winks.gif

I try not to panic just because something is LE.

barbiebelt

i must buy all pigments........i am totally addicted to them!!! And i buy crap that i know i will never ever wear, but maybe i will.....like the blue in the rebel rock collection???? where in the heck is this 35 year old mom of 3 housewife gonna wear that bright blue eyeshadow? to cheer practice? or a softball game??? i know i dont need them......but i cannot quit i am ADDICTED!!!!!!!!!
barbiebelt

jessiekins1

i pick and choose what i want from collections. i usually get the items that are l/e right away and i just pick up permanant collections whenever.

Padmita

I always choose the things I like best, I don't think I would ever buy a whole collection because there are always colors that don't suit me. And I try not to get anything *just* because it's LE, if there's a permanent product I like better!

Vicky88

I just pick and choose things that I like/will suit me. Most of the time this is everything in a collection, but I won't buy something simply for the sake of it!

juniperstar

i try to just buy the ones i like, but im always tempted to get the whole collection - it just makes me feel complete. but after the she shines, i think i'll hold off on all other pigments...too expensive

CrouchingAfroHiddenPick

I pick and chose from each collection that I am interested in based on what I already own and if it's a new hot product! From there, I go to the store, look at it in person, see how well it compliments me and decide from there, what I will buy! The same rules apply for skipping a collection altogether! I went to the store to look at technicolor and skipped it altoghter because I didn't like how the shadows looked on me and some were very similar to some of the ones I already own!

queenofdisaster

i pick and choose... i usually dont buy LE items anyway though... all the stuff i'm in love with is perm... but if i love the collection, i'll get 1-3 items... i try to narrow it down to stuff id really use, rather than stuff i think looks nice!
smiles.gif

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
I pick and choose, some collections like Lure and Sundressing I loved and bought pretty much the whole thing and others like Avant Gold I skip completely.

ditto! if i love it and it works for my skin tone i buy it, but if not i don't.. this year i pretty much bought everything from the patternmaker, lure bait hooked, culturebloom and sundressing collections.. i completely passed on turquatic... it was SO meh to me.. don't even get me started on last year
icon_eek.gif
i bought EVERYTHING from madame b, belle azure , diana ross icon, goldplay, ornamentalism and the holiday collections
th_crazy.gif
th_drool.gif
i LOVED those collections!!!!
cheerleader.gif

divaster

I always just pick and choose what I want, what I will wear and what will look good from a collection and buy that.

Cocktail_party

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY

2 You pick and choose from each collection that comes along based on just the things that you like.

Yup, that's me! I will only buy things I know I'll use and like. For example, I only use eyeshadows and lippies so of course I'd steer clear from all collections based on facial makeup, such as Avant Gold and parts of collections such as the msfs from A Muse. Even so, I'm still very picky about what I pick out from each one; I won't buy every single lippie or eyeshadow simply because I don't like the colour or because I know the colour won't work for me.

airrinleah

I try to be picky (definitely more than I used to be!!!) BUT my bad habit???

I will buy every mineralized skin finish and LE pigment they put out! If they came out with an uuuuuuugly msf called "ugly ass msf" I would STILL buy it! :)

Erin <3

liquidsirenhoney

i always say i will pas sup a collection...but then i get tempted and go see it in person...then i always find at least one thing i like...but like with Lure and culturebloom i bought almost the entire collection....i gues i just go with what i like...this last technacolor i was sure i would get at least 6 of the eyeshadows but one i saw them i left with 2....

d_flawless

i pick and choose. i always LOVE everything before i see it in person, and then i'm like, "no, not for me"
too many times have gone by where i buy something impulsively (like all those lingerie e/s!) and then i never use it, and it pretty much sits in my traincase. i don't want to just but things to say i have them, so i try to be picky, choosing only MUSTs/the things i know i'll regret not getting if i pass them up

stillsoawesome

I don't pay attention to LE and so far I have never bought back ups. I pick and choose, buy what I like. I'm sort of picky so often I only pick up one of two items a collection and shop more from the permanent stuff because there are more choices and my collection isnt that big yet.

Eilinoir

I'm like #2.

With each collection (same w/ the permanent line), I focus in on the eyeshadows, pigments, and cheek products. From there, I look into the colour and finish descriptions of each and decide which ones I will definitely/maybe purchase. Then it's off to the store I go!

Latest posts