MAC Collections and How You Shop Them.

giz2000

I pick and choose....I used to buy "just because" but I don't anymore...and I don't buy from every collection either...

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
ditto! if i love it and it works for my skin tone i buy it, but if not i don't.. this year i pretty much bought everything from the patternmaker, lure bait hooked, culturebloom and sundressing collections.. i completely passed on turquatic... it was SO meh to me.. don't even get me started on last year
icon_eek.gif
i bought EVERYTHING from madame b, belle azure , diana ross icon, goldplay, ornamentalism and the holiday collections
th_crazy.gif
th_drool.gif
i LOVED those collections!!!!
cheerleader.gif

Hmm..I remember last year.....LOL!

rofl.gif

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
Hmm..I remember last year.....LOL!

rofl.gif

LOL!!! u know it gizzy!!!!
th_kiss.gif
u were there.. u saw the madness that is me when i love a collection!
lmao.gif

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
LOL!!! u know it gizzy!!!!
th_kiss.gif
u were there.. u saw the madness that is me when i love a collection!
lmao.gif

Oh yes...madness by the bagful!!!
clap.gif

baby_love

I buy whatever I like. if I don't like, I don't buy. like with A Muse, I loved the e/s duos, but I hated Persona/Screen Vinyl and Interview/Purple-x, I wasn't going to buy them so I could have all of them.

by buying only what you like and what you think is unique, you have enough money for other collections.

MAC_Pixie04

I only get things that are brand new, LE, and totally unique when I'm collection shopping. For example, Vibrational lipglass from Turquatic looked clear on me, therefore I skipped it. And Turquatic eyeshadow=Aquadisiac, therefore, I skipped it. I never pick up any repromotes, not even in the special packaging. So Black Tied and Idol Eyes in the Lure packaging, I didn't even bother with because I have the option to buy those forever, until they get d/c which won't be anytime soon. Like the colored mascaras that are coming out with Untamed, I'll pick those up because I know I'll probably never see them again. I skipped Plushglasses and Technakohls because they're permanent, but I grabbed an MSF even though I couldn't afford it because they only come around maybe twice a year. If I can't get a pigment sample, and it's a pigment I really like, I'll either buy a sample from someone online, or buy the jar, make myself a large sample, and sell the rest/split it with my sis. Now that I'm unemployed, I notice how much more money I would have if I didn't buy every damn MAC item that crossed my path. Hindsight is 20/20 vision, aint it?

plkitten13

2. You pick and choose from each collection that comes along based on just the things that you like.

that's me! i buy what i like, and only what i like. what's the point in spending money on things i won't use?

i also make sure not to buy anything too similar to what i already own. when lure came out, i asked myself, "how many turquoise eyeshadows do you really need?" i skipped waternymph, and picked up aquavert and sea myth instead, because they were unique colors and i didn't own anything like them. sure, aquadisiac =/= turquatic exactly, but let's face it, only a true addict will really notice a difference. and it's an expensive habit.

cno64

My buying habits pretty much follow choice #2.
Since I'm on a limited budget, I buy only the items that really "grab" me, and I've been known to skip some collections completely.
For example, I didn't buy a thing from either "A Muse" or "Avant Gold," because the colors in those collections simply don't work for me.
When a new collection is released, I usually check out any new pigments first, then lipsticks, then lLipglasses, then everything else. I usually buy everything that I'm going to buy from a collection the first day that it's out.

whitnie

smiles.gif
smiles.gif
My collection is only about 1 year old so I'm still trying to get a good base of Perm. items. I buy some things from collections along the way that i really like, as soon as i get that solid base of perm. items, I'll start following the collections more closely

I pick and choose but definitely still skip entire collections all together if I think the colors are too much like what I already have or if I think I won't use them enough to justify having them. Like, I really love Blow lipstick, but I never bought one because how often would I wear it? Probably never.

sexypuma

i only buy the things that look good on me. But then again, i end up buying like 3 of each item i pick up when it's LE that is.

Latest posts