MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lialani
I disagree
smiles.gif
Names must be happy and fun. I bet the products with disease names would be selling much slower... Those are definitely not fun diseases associated with severe pain, suffering, emotional distress and medical bills.

Are you refering to Coral Polyp lipstick? Polyp in zoology term - a coelenterate, such as a hydra or coral, having a cylindrical body and an oral opening usually surrounded by tentacles, similar to sea-anemone. Dame Edna is not stupid to name products after disease. In fact, I think she is quite witty and clever to think of name/color that is found in coral reefs. So Coral Polyp is definitely a fun name!
yes.gif

s0_fam0us

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
They could call something Monkey butt, or have drug references like can be found in some UD names but that sure as heck doesn't stop me buying it.

I'm flummoxed.

I will admit... I definitely bought a white matte Urban Decay eyeshadow because it was named "Yeyo"... I thought it was clever! lollll...

And flummoxed is my new favorite word.
smiles.gif

clslvr6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayraphat
Coral polyp should be this;

That would be one species of a coral polyp! There are sooooo many species of coral polyps in this damn world!
winks.gif

Its purty though!!!!!

BlahWah

I've been totally staying away from the upcoming collections but it looks like I can't avoid it. I came across Gladiola l/s on ebay, marked as sample and was wondering where the heck it came from. I thought it was a fake until I searched here! It looks pretty but I think it'd go in my forgotten pile. The shadow trio with Climate Blue, however, is my 2nd chance to get my hands on that shadow and I hope to bring it home with me this time!

coachkitten

Today I bought a sample tube of gladiola lipstick on ebay. As soon as I get it I will post pics and swatches for you all!
winks.gif

abbey_08

lmao @ the varicose veins bit!

i love this collection, think when i buy some my family will be like "abbey... dame edna make up?! REALLY?!" haha

i love the lilac and glasses combo...and im a glasses wearer so makes me love it even more!!

i really want the purple trio eyeshadows and prob a lipgloss or two..but personally i think they should of released some funky coloured dazzleglasses with it!!

sambibabe

I wasn't sure about the trios, but after looking at May's swatches, I am definitely getting them! Love the vibrant colors.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I think it is rather silly to be that concerned about the names, but if that's what you need to do, cool. Regardless of packaging, naming, marketing... it's the colour, pricing and quality that concern me.

Exactly. Even though I really like this packaging, I've seen some samples and the colours don't appeal to me, so I probably won't be buying much.

On the other hand, if Hello Kitty has great colours, I'll get something, even though I find the whole Hello Kitty thing ridiculous and very un-MAC.

By the way, Dame Edna is coming out here a week or so before Christmas. Is that common knowledge and am I the only one who was surprised by this information?

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
Exactly. Even though I really like this packaging, I've seen some samples and the colours don't appeal to me, so I probably won't be buying much.

On the other hand, if Hello Kitty has great colours, I'll get something, even though I find the whole Hello Kitty thing ridiculous and very un-MAC.

By the way, Dame Edna is coming out here a week or so before Christmas. Is that common knowledge and am I the only one who was surprised by this information?

Last I knew, this was scheduled to come out on December 26. I think the HK bit is ridiculous, too.

Randy Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
Pro store told me a week before Christmas...
th_dunno.gif
She told me that today.
th_dunno.gif

The Pro Store usually releases the collections a week early.

LP_x

Is Splendid the l/g on the left in the swatch? I can't work out which one is which (except the pink one, obviously). I love the new swatches, quite excited about this collection again.

kobri

Thanks for the swatches! I am getting so excited, but why oh why did they have to put DE and BBR so close together?!? I'm gonna be so broke.

Latest posts