MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

ShugAvery2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlyMACd
yes.gif
just like I thought, not something for me to get all crazy over. Just saw the swatches and I didn't get a real reaction from it. So it looks like I will be sticking with just purchasing the Chill collection that day.

Thanks so much for the swatches. I have been really waiting. The good thing is now I have more money for the BBR collection.
choochoo.gif

What are you getting from Chill?

Could you post the link to the Dame Edna swatches please?

jdechant

I personally don't like the packaging...purple with glasses on it?? Strange...Normally I am a sucker for packaging, but I know that I probably will need to see these items in person before I decide to get anything cause nothing is standing out to me.

PS, I know I could totally google this but just wondering who is dame edna? Comedian?? Ummm..is it a he or a she?? Serious question!! lol...
WTF2.gif

NewlyMACd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugAvery2001
What are you getting from Chill?

Could you post the link to the Dame Edna swatches please?

http://specktra.net/f217/mac-dame-ed...5/#post1292061

hopefully the link works. I just copied and pasted.

I am planning getting all the e/s and all the lippies except Snowscene cuz to me it looks like my sugarrimmed d/g. That may change when I try it in person but as off right now I'm not getting that one.

darkishstar

Mmmm, truthfully nothing is still appealing to me.
All of the lippies really aren't anything we haven't seen before.

HeatherAnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoshopaholicxo
All I want is Coral Polyp l/s & Splendid l/g!!! None of the December collections are exciting me. Still waiting for BBR:]

Me too. I think they will look sooo pretty together!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdechant
I personally don't like the packaging...purple with glasses on it?? Strange...Normally I am a sucker for packaging, but I know that I probably will need to see these items in person before I decide to get anything cause nothing is standing out to me.

PS, I know I could totally google this but just wondering who is dame edna? Comedian?? Ummm..is it a he or a she?? Serious question!! lol...
WTF2.gif

I believe that Dame Edna is a he dressed as a she. I think that she would be considered an entertainer more than a comedian but she does both.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I believe that Dame Edna is a he dressed as a she. I think that she would be considered an entertainer more than a comedian but she does both.

I agree.

He's an Australian comedian and has been doing so many appearances as Dame Edna, for so many years that you just buy into the persona.

jdechant, once you see the character of Dame Edna, you'll appreciate the packaging, it really fits with the character!
yes.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticki
here's the lippies, palette swatches and a close up of the highlight powder. the highlight powder has a frost overlay and the main powder itself isn't quite so shimmery as the top layer would have you believe.

ednalippies.jpg

ednapalette.jpg

ednapowder.jpg

Can anyone label the lipglosses and lipsticks for me? I'm confused trying to match which is which.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdechant

but for the exception of the shadow palettes, the glasses are a sticker and you can take them off.

ticki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Can anyone label the lipglosses and lipsticks for me? I'm confused trying to match which is which.

if i recall correctly

l to r

l/g - splendid, hot frost, possum nose pink

l/s - coral polyp, gladiola, kanga-rouge

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the stickers start to roll of the caps of the glosses everytime you open them.
ssad.gif

Oh no,that sucks
ssad.gif
grrrrr,oh well.Erine do you have any faves from this at all?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Oh no,that sucks
ssad.gif
grrrrr,oh well.Erine do you have any faves from this at all?

hmmm...i like splendid and the wisteria trio. i only do pink as an extreme eye look, nothing soft pink, so wisteria will be a good one for me. nothing is screaming LOVE ME, but i like those the most outta the bunch.

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
hmmm...i like splendid and the wisteria trio. i only do pink as an extreme eye look, nothing soft pink, so wisteria will be a good one for me. nothing is screaming LOVE ME, but i like those the most outta the bunch.

I will def be getting that Wisteria trio,I already have Splendid from last year
yahoo.gif

Latest posts