MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

dreamer246

I'm really looking forward to this collection! I want all the lippies and possibly all the l/g too. Maybe an e/s trio and one of those highlight powders.
mac_haul.gif
Happy hauling aside, that's going to cost me about SGD$200+. Hmm.
shockt.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
It may be dark enough to be a blush for those of us who are pasty faced.

That's what I am hoping, otherwise I would not know what to do with it.

nunu

^Wow those pictures are aweseome! Thanks.
After seeing swatches and pictures I'm only interested in the lip products, i don't think i can pull off the lipsticks though and the lipglasses are dupeable.

Shadowy Lady

Ok, after seeing these pictures I think I'll grab the coral l/s (hopefully it doesn't look like Vegas Volt) and the pink coral and fuchsia l/g...that would be it for me until 2009!

Susanne

xoshopaholicxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Anyone who can read this here?
winks.gif
Which are the two lipglasses shown there? Splendid and Hot Frost??

I think its possum nose pink & hot frost. Splendid is more of a creamy, milky light coral if that make sense.

elegant-one

CantAffordMac^^^^Beautiful new pic girl!!!

th_dunno.gif
I don't know about this collection...yet. I'll get a lipstick & gloss & maybe one of the powders just to have something from the collection. Can't say I'm crazy about it.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
^^ Those colours are odd together...
th_dunno.gif

They really are. But.. Dame Edna is odd, so I guess it works? Sort of?

Anyhow. I'm still rather underwhelmed by this. All the new photos have strengthened my suspicions that I will merely B2M for Coral Polyp lipstick and Splendid lipglass, as I don't have things like those right now.

I'm sure the highlight powders would show up and be pretty on my skin, but I like to have the option of building up to a bolder colour upon occasion, and these don't really present that. I'm not spending the money on one just to have the bloody compact, either - I have my Neo Sci Fi one and that's good enough for me!

I had hoped Gladiola lipstick would be... something else. As for what it is, I think I could make do with Girl About Town and a dab of Blast o' Blue. I love red lipsticks so much it hurts and I adore the AC finish, but Kangarouge bores me. There is NOTHING special about it. The shadows look dupeable, plus the texture of basically all of them look to leave something to be desired.

Maybe my thoughts will change once I get my hands on some testers of this stuff, but that's where I stand so far.

MAC_Diva

I love the color of the collection, but the colors bore me! ugh. I have the heatherette trio 1 which looks a lot like on of trios from this collection. I may only end up getting a lip gloss.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
They really are. But.. Dame Edna is odd, so I guess it works? Sort of?

Oh, I agree! And I wouldn't expect anything else from Dame Edna... odd colour collection from an odd, but funny and lovable entertainer.

Looking at the pictures, I can't see anything that says 'me' though.

damsel

hmmm... i'm feeling underwhelmed by this collection. bleh. i might get a few of the lip products
th_dunno.gif
the palettes are questionable. i haven't touched my heatherette trio 1 since early this year, so there is probably no need for the wisteria trio. i already have climate blue, and just bought the cool eyes holiday palette [has purples], so there is no need for the one from this collection. eh.

ladybugz07

I'm really not feeling this collection.... Not the packaging nor the products! Maybe it's just me...

However, I will probably give in and buy Kanga Rouge or Coral Polyp because I freaking LOVE ACs!!!

GlamYOURUs

I knew the lippies were gorgeous. God I can't wait for them! I am definitely buying back ups of these puppies.